S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Source of that picture? The impact effect part looks good. Anyone else planning on getting this effect part?

I reordered 2 of those effect parts a while back on bbts. Gray version and the brown one.

And that is clearly NOT the SDCC Vegeta. I can even see the white tips on his hair, come on guys!

Source of that picture? The impact effect part looks good. Anyone else planning on getting this effect part?
The brown one, yeah definitely. Possibly 2.

Why would we see the sdcc figure this early? Over the past couple of years I believe we only find out a few weeksmbefore comic con.
^This. SDCC is always revealed via an obscure hint and a blurred picture first. No reason whatsoever for them to deviate from that protocol. Als the TamRep said owners of the original vegeta would want this version too, so something is going to be quite clearly different.

I'm going to probably setup frieza within that effect part, vertically, with his agony yelling face, massively punched in the gut by normal goku.:lol

Is it confirmed yet whether the effect part will include this stand?
BAN15459.jpg

Oh my bad, BBTS explicitely states the stands are NOT included. That's kinda messed up for an 18 $ price point imo.

It does say it's a 7-part set. How the hell does that thing split 7 ways?

I don´t know what face is it in the original Vegeta, looks like he hasn´t got the mouth open and he is looking to one side different of others faces with closed mouth but can be the original one, thanks blood for the pictures :wink1:. This effect part will release in March, i ordered 2 pieces of this effect part.

no problem!

The 3 parts that have broken away from the centre piece also have a small pebble part that breaks off each of them, making 7 in total. Although I really cant think how I'm going to use the three smaller pieces myself.

Android 17 is up for pre-order on eBay. It says shipping between May 19 and June 4. There's no way, it's coming between then, but I thought you guys might be interested. Android 18 is supposed to come on July 25th. That would be cool if they came out a month apart from each other, but that's not happening. The seller has 13,298 reviews and has been around since 2003, so it's kind of strange.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Tam...V_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item2a39be824d

Hah, it would be amazing, but he probably just reused one of his other descriptions for auctions and forgot to change the preorder date.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

yes it is, if you read the description again he changes it and put "Release Information : 0 8 - 2 0 1 4"

If it came out in August, instead of September, it would continue the usual 6 month from announcement to release. Maybe that "9" was wrong, or like most of the other releases, like Vegeta coming out May 25th, but for a lot of us who pre-ordered him, it shipped in June. Maybe 17 will come out August 25th, but most people will get him in September. Just wishful thinking for another release. Wouldn't this be the first year the poll winner didn't come out, otherwise?

I wonder what color(s) 17's box will be??

I think it would be phat with each new release, they would include in the package some supporting cast member, like Oolong or Puar, or the Dragon Radar. Maybe even Bubbles or King Kai, hah! Just a little more incentive to purchase these figures. Yeah it'll be a little more pricey, but our displays would look that much better, and if Normal Goku came packaged with a smaller King Kai (it wouldn't have to be super-articulated, just the neck & arms or whatever) then I don't think anyone would be opposed to that, right?

Dont know about anyone else, but the likes of Oolong etc wouldnt entice me to buy a figure, especially if they werent articulated and drove prices up; imo it would deter people from buying them. Smaller characters would be ok, other figures from figuarts did come with the likes of cats, but upping the price isnt a good idea. Importers like myself already pay more than we should for these figures.

Trunks long hair with saiyan armor on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Saiy...199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417e2ce717

not bad, expect for the height inaccuracy and also the boot tips.

Wow, that actually looks pretty good for a bootleg. If this is what the 2014 SDCC exclusive will be, then I'd be very happy with that. It definitely follows the path of what they mentioned to me in being that it is a Vegeta with some new tooling. This would satisfy a lot of fans who missed out on the original release as well as provide a new reason to buy the figure as it essentially creates a new one with that head. The main reason so many people bought multiple Vegetas is exactly what we see here. Tamashii Nations would recognize that and give us their better version.

Well lets say that they kept the price of Goku the same, but he still came packaged with Oolong, you wouldn't buy it just because Oolong wasn't articulated? Or would you buy it and just throw Oolong to the side, or would you display it proudly with everyone else?

Maybe coming with an extra accessory that goes with the next figure to come out. Like if they have 17 come out and he comes with something that goes with Kid Buu (assuming he's the next figure). Like what they did with 18 and the Krillin head and detonator hand.
This would make me personally want to buy more of the figures because then I would have something already for that figure and if I didn't get said figure I would have a piece that's not able to be used.

Honestly I wouldnt throw it away, but I wouldnt display it either; my shelf is purely figuarts, ocd lol. Im not opposed to the idea for those that want it, but the price shouldnt rise and the likes of effect parts should come first.

I agree the price increase would make people stop collecting the line many people don't want to pay more than what they pay now.

So far, looking at more tamashii lines than just this one, I'm not counting at all on any kind of additional figures packaged with anyone. Even goten and trunks isn't a guaranteed 2-pack. I think this is because they'd simply rather sell two things more cheaply, and cumulatively probably even make more on it, than offer more expensive combined packages.
So continue fantasising to your delight but I think it's never happening. I genuinely don't expect puar or chaotzu with yamcha/tien respectively anymore either. I don't think we'll ever get side characters like you mentioned, if even just because there's too many stuff that still has to get here and we don't get many releases per year. The line is too prestigious for it, commercially they'd rather invest that time into a more clearly sellable character.

I think it's best to simply face that this line is for main characters, and if by some miracle we do get a wider scala, take that as a lucky break (17&18 in that range already). If we get anything in multipack form it's gonna be something like unarticulated differently posed Cell Jr's., probably in SHZero.

I think we won't see Bulma unless they start a dragonball line. (Which I'd love.) I don't see us getting a character like King Kai at all. Tamashii seems to be very focussed on iconic scenes from the anime, which is commercially very sensible. So if you wanna know if a character has a chance to get made, I'm inclined to say ask yourself if you can think of a very iconic scene from the anime with them in it. If the answer is yes, I'd say that's the best chance-boost a side character can get.

EDIT: that said, as I've been repeating, the TamRep from that last interview DID say he saw expansion of the DBZ liscence coming to different things than SHF and SHFZero, so if he means some sort of option packages, that might change the game.

So far, looking at more tamashii lines than just this one, I'm not counting at all on any kind of additional figures packaged with anyone. Even goten and trunks isn't a guaranteed 2-pack. I think this is because they'd simply rather sell two things more cheaply, and cumulatively probably even make more on it, than offer more expensive combined packages.
So continue fantasising to your delight but I think it's never happening. I genuinely don't expect puar or chaotzu with yamcha/tien respectively anymore either. I don't think we'll ever get side characters like you mentioned, if even just because there's too many stuff that still has to get here and we don't get many releases per year. The line is too prestigious for it, commercially they'd rather invest that time into a more clearly sellable character.

I think it's best to simply face that this line is for main characters, and if by some miracle we do get a wider scala, take that as a lucky break (17&18 in that range already). If we get anything in multipack form it's gonna be something like unarticulated differently posed Cell Jr's., probably in SHZero.

I think we won't see Bulma unless they start a dragonball line. (Which I'd love.) I don't see us getting a character like King Kai at all. Tamashii seems to be very focussed on iconic scenes from the anime, which is commercially very sensible. So if you wanna know if a character has a chance to get made, I'm inclined to say ask yourself if you can think of a very iconic scene from the anime with them in it. If the answer is yes, I'd say that's the best chance-boost a side character can get.

This. I remember when I was asking about why they haven't made a Dragonzord yet, they told me they weren't confident that they could sell at least 10,000 units which I guess is the minimum number they look for in the success of a figure. Especially as a more expensive, diecast figure. I have a hard time believing they would sell 10,000 units of Puar/Yamcha. The only people asking for that are a few on a message board. Use that to convince the heads at Tamashii Nations.

Oh hey Pwn, how ya doin buddy?:wave

10k units aye? Hm... That's actually even less than I would guess considering both material and research/mold costs.

Hahah, hey! Sorry for my absence...been very busy since Toy Fair. Finally found some time to catch up on this thread.

Yeah, I don't know the specifics but that's what I was told (at least in regards for Dragonzord). I kept pressing the fact that I wanted him to go with my Megazord figure but he said Dragonzord is hardly a popular character in Asia.

Back