S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, after 2014, I think this is my full would-buy list:
Saiyan saga Goku, Nappa, 1F Frieza, Zarbon, Ginyu, Burter, Jeice
Post HTC Trunks, Android 16, Tien (& Yamcha, sigh)
Ultimate Gohan and Videl, Majin Vegeta and ssj3 Goku if he's repainted.
Battle damaged versions of existing releases.

Considering most of these probably have no chance of being released, I genuinely might stop throwing money at these things relatively soon.
I really don't want a massive collection at all, not my style.

If all viable releases went my way, I could be done collecting these by 2016.

I think those are pretty close to what I would like to see as well. I would add in King Cold, but like Second Form Frieza I know that's impossible. Throw in Raditz and a few others here and there it be perfect.. Ok ok, so make everyone. Thanks Bandai. ;)

Oh! A big want of mine.. SSJ2 Goku, as well as Kid Gohan. I would be fine with him being made a bit taller than is to scale if it meant he could be made.

Hey guys, was Trunks an exclusive? I really need him, but I'm not sure if I should wait for a re-issue or just waste over 100 bucks on him, someone told me he is coming back in august, but I'm not so sure about that

Yes, he was a web exclusive in Japan. So he won't be reissued.

It's not like that's a small list! That's a heck of a lot if characters, and some of those would be extremely expensive! If that was the list, I'd be so happy, but I'd swap Yamcha for kid Gohan. I don't want them to make Yamcha, because I will be pressured to buy him. I love the Boo saga, but I'd be content with Majin Vegeta, Gohan, and Videl. I don't mind not having SSJ3 Goku, because I would rather the forms maxed out at "Ascended Saiyan," or"Beyond a Super Saiyan" form, but I'd happily buy it, if it came out, because I want all Goku's and it looks cool. Great list!

@Alex Everything after gohan was an exclusive so essentially nothing might ever get reissued besides an unending slut of manga goku's and piccolo's apparently.

Essentially the core of our problem as western collectors is that Bandai does not seem to want to do anything unless it they can release it at home, which basically puts a massive bottleneck on DBZ for us. And that in turn is clearly because DBZ is something else here than it is in Japan, quite literally.

@Bane That's a good point. You're right, I hope they don't make yamcha so that I don't have to buy him.:rotfl

If you take away inviable releases due to size and significance you basically have like 5 left.

We need a support system! I need someone to stop me from buying Kid Boo as well! If that's the top 5, that's mine exactly, except for Tien! I wouldn't mind it though, because he's great! If I have those four: Majin Vegeta, Saiyan Saga Goku, Mystic Gohan, and Post Time Chamber Trunks, that would just be awesome! I'd swap out an SSJ3 repaint for a SSJ2 Goku, that way we get more SSJ Goku faces and I want Majin Vegeta vs Goku! Not one of the best from a technique perspective, like Goku vs Piccolo Jr., but my favorite! That emotion in the head butts, kneeing, and Vegeta's slapping Goku-

Goku: I never said it would be easy!
Vegeta: Hmph! You won't be winning at all!
Vegeta: What, clown?? Are you feeling angry, humilated? Is that it? Fool! You don't know what humiliation is! Don't worry, I will teach, just as you taught me.

If you take away inviable releases due to size and significance you basically have like 5 left.

:(

Hopefully, if they don't do it with the SDCC Exclusive this year, they'll give us a Namek Saga/Cell Saga normal Vegeta. I don't really want to buy another SSJ and Saiyan Saga Vegeta just to have one.

@bane, i love that scene when m. Vegeta is slappin goku around cuz in the back of gokus head hes thinking, " so now wouldnt be a cool time to go super saiyajin 3..." Lool

Could be the angle of the pic

I don't think it's the angle because I can see the small belt buckle from the small belt the belt with the gun holster hangs directly below that Md there's nothing there . Hopefully they just removed it to take a pic and it is included in the final .

I actually don't think that would have crossed Goku's mind because he only likes fair fights or if his opponent is stronger than him. That's why I love him! Good thing he didn't use all his energy up then, Boo would have slaughtered everyone, and the Kaioshinn's sure wouldn't help!

I honestly think that while the vegeta gomu fight was one of the best in dbz, Gokus fair fight strategy was what put the universe in danger to begin with; if Goku would have ignored vegetas pride and went ss3 on him Buu wouldnt have been released. He does it again when he fights buu later, mentioning that he could have beat fat buu, but wanted to give the kids a chance. I love Goku, but man is he thick as bricks sometimes :lol

As for the belt on 17, they wont leave it out, probably took it off to aid articulation or something. Being a figuart 17s waist can easily be separated.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but if they didn't use Goku's energy, they could have just used others. Babidi didn't expect to get that much energy from earthlings so quick, and thought they would get it from a lot of people or get a lot from tournament fighters. Boo was released before though! In any case, I thought his heart was in the right place.

He didn't know he could do that though! Or Vegeta would destroy him before he got a chance to transform, since it took so long to change forms. Look, Deano, please just let me have something! Even if it's a lie, let me have something! I'm just kidding, you're probably right.

@Bane I don't really have a top 5. Posthtc trunks and saiyan saga goku are my 2 main wants that I want as fast as possible and everything else is kinda wherever they wanna go I'll just wait and see.

That's where I'm gonna have to say no, the buu period was just bad writing under what I uspect was commercial pressure.

Of all people goku is the one who would understand it would be the ultimate insult toward vegeta to hold back. It would insult the bond between them that keeps them from being true enemies: a mutual respect for strength and power and the honor of a warrior. If we had had a proper world tournament with them as the final it would've honored the characters as they are (and the franchise) and Goku would've won because vegeta would've lost himself and propably ended up threatening others to provoke goku. Goku could've shown ssj3 for thefirst timein that fight and vegeta would've realised he's simply not the best like he did at the end of the buu saga. That would've been truly awesome. The ultimate world tournament finale.

However we got a poorly written, and forced buu period that was sloppy and uninspired apart from a few instances. It's just a shame. We never got a true fight without meddling corcumstances.

The post-cell period could've been brilliant, but unfortunately it was just a hastened mess.

this is the same Goku were talking about? the one that let Vegeta leave , the one that wanted to let Frieza go away with a 2nd chance ? Goku was really nice, sometimes too nice . He did not want to insult Vegeta after all the work he went threw to go SSJ . He had far surpassed him and did not wanna crush Vegetas heart.

It's the Goku that let Vegeta live because Goku believes in second chances as a rule, that has nothing to do with this battle. It's the Goku that let Frieza live to live IN SHAME, because he wanted to punish him. When he fights Vegeta the circumstances are completely different.

Goku holding back is the biggest insult he could give to Vegeta and I have zero doubt that's exactly what Vegeta's reply would've been. In fact, the whole theme of the franchise, of dragonball before Z, was that truly honoring your opponent in a match is not to hold back and to confront your fellow warrior with him or herself.

He held back because it was convenient for a writer who clearly hadn't developed the final draft of his work yet, probably because he either didn't have time or motivation or both to do so.

Isn't it also known that Toriyama was pressured into writing the Buu period in the first place...? It shows, clearly.

@)Silrian Gotcha! Still great choices. I just need a SSJ Vegeta. I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm, but I have heart set on getting one this year with SDCC.

I've been thinking a lot about the Boo arc, and it is a mess. I don't really have any problems with any other arc. I think I said that before, when we talked about Vegeta's Final Flash. No use for me to dwell on it though! It still brings me a lot of happiness, especially the Gohan, Videl, and Majin Vegeta stuff.

What character did everyone vote for on the SDCC poll?

Maybe we can get an idea for what we might see this year or next, because I'm sure they will use a lot of the same characters again on the next poll. I should have voted for Mystic Gohan instead of Kid Goku. I just want to focus on DBZ now, especially with these limited releases. Now I just want a Saiyan saga Goku and SSJ2 hair/faces. Give him Kinto-un and Nyoibou.

Back