S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sdcc figures already have the correct colours, there isnt much they can do. We should know that when an sdcc figure is released that will be the ONLY chance to get that figure; we wouldnt expect exclusive figures from other lines to be rereleased would we?

45737815.jpg

Concerning the upcoming Mario Figuarts:

I kinda wish it was a Figma instead. I have the Figma Link and I love what they did with his clothing, not making it "hard plastic" like most other figures (those that own it should know what I'm talking about). I would've liked to see Mario done in a similar way. I'll still buy it regardless, but oh well. Just my opinion.

Figma dont do smaller figures of marios height, thats shown by how their luigi and toon link figures are nendoroids instead, which are statues with changeable parts to my knowledge. Ive always thought figuarts are better made imo.

Bandai getting the rights to do Mario hopefully opens the door for other Nintendo characters. I personally don't like the Figma Link that much.. I'd love to see Bandai's take on him.

To each their own, I won't knock anyone for liking. Imo it falls short of the source material in the likeness, and the paint is awkward looking. I would much prefer OoT or TP myself, like Big Deano.

Figma is a far from perfect toy line. You have great figures and not so great figures. Mikasa- great, BotH Guts- not so great, Griffith- great, Link- not so great, etc. Just my personal opinion.

Likewise, I feel it blends in well with all the other figures, but to each his own. Only downside is that he lacks accessories. A boomerang or hookshot, even a few bombs would've been nice :/

and I'd love to see some S.H. Figuarts Chrono Trigger one day. MAKE IT HAPPEN TAMASHII

goku_zps09da54de.jpg

I prefer my Link not wearing lipstick and looking like he could actually swing his sword. The Figma is nice in many ways, but as Link it's just not a winner. I find Figma is generally better with female characters, their male characters are hit and miss. Either fantastic or a let down.

Tamashii doing Chrono Trigger would be awesome. I would display them with DBZ no question.

Yeah, I agree friction; if figma make a figure I want I will buy it, but if figuarts and figma both make the same figure its no competition.

Both makers are premium lines, but figuarts just blow figma out the water in articulation and paint apps.

All I know is my wallet is gonna be hurting this year haha :lol but well worth it

Well, Mario is more iconic & recognizable amongst gaming audiences than DBZ, so I guess it makes sense to showcase him first.

You both realise you are talking about a gaming magazine showcasing a gaming icon in Mario dont you? They dont even mention the name figuarts, just that its made by bandai.

I know we all want figuarts to be more mainstream but fact is they arent; the price is seen as too high by many that dont appreciate them, hence why putting them in shops hasnt worked out well.

Back