S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't matter how much we complain there is a market for both the manga and anime colors.

So, wait so, what you're saying is... we simply have to...

tumblr_mrltilMZcS1rjffk3o1_500.gif

I think its more to do with them already having the colour scheme ready from when they first showed him.

They switched to anime colours for a reason; and tbh this is just them being lazy in regards to paint apps.

I think its more to do with them already having the colour scheme ready from when they first showed him.

They switched to anime colours for a reason; and tbh this is just them being lazy in regards to paint apps.

nobody complained about the color untill sdcc 13 :monkey1

Oh im not complaining, I love how he looks, it just seems lazy that they didnt update the colour scheme, when all the other figures did get anime paint apps, even the manga ones. Just smells of an attempt to have another easy sdcc repaint for next year, thats all.

Gotta side with BD here. Although we can go even more cynical and see it as intentionally getting two releases out of one figure... Again.

Oh im not complaining, I love how he looks, it just seems lazy that they didnt update the colour scheme, when all the other figures did get anime paint apps, even the manga ones. Just smells of an attempt to have another easy sdcc repaint for next year, thats all.

Normal goku is in anime colors he's got on darker orange clothes compared to regular ssj goku . If that's the figure your talking about.... Or ?

Nope, he isnt. If you look, you will notice normal Goku doesnt have the violet/dark purple sash and armbands, and his gi, while darker than super saiyan Goku, is still too light and washed out for what Gokus gi is in the anime. Heres and example;

180px-GokuAfterFightingVegetaBuuSaga.png

I think you may have forgotten that Goku got an SDCC anime repaint cartoon, thats the figure I meant; the mass available ssj Goku is manga coloured.

Left is manga ssj Goku, right is the SDCC anime repaint:

sh-figuarts-dragon-ball-goku-special-colour-compare.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, he isnt. If you look, you will notice normal Goku doesnt have the violet/dark purple sash and armbands, and his gi, while darker than super saiyan Goku, is still too light and washed out for what Gokus gi is in the anime. Heres and example;

180px-GokuAfterFightingVegetaBuuSaga.png

I think you may have forgotten that Goku got an SDCC anime repaint cartoon, thats the figure I meant; the mass available ssj Goku is manga coloured.

Left is manga ssj Goku, right is the SDCC anime repaint:

sh-figuarts-dragon-ball-goku-special-colour-compare.jpg

Oh no I thought you were talking about normal black hair goku . But yeah normal black hair goku has dark orange like the sdcc and his dash and arm bands on normal goku will actually match each other and be blue unlike the sdcc goku where his sash is purple and bands are blue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also nice side by side picture .can you add normal goku picture in between ssj goku and sdcc gokus pictures ????

Oh its not my pic lol, got it off google, im rubbish with photoshop:lol

Saying that, if anyone can add normal Goku to that pic please do, would love to see the comparisons.

One thing though cartoon, the normal Goku figure we are getting has quite a light gi, so it doesnt match the SDCC version; he is definitely made to match manga Goku.

Dragon-Ball-Z-SH-Figuarts-Goku-Regular-Figure-Scratching-Head-e1380039724630.jpg

Oh its not my pic lol, got it off google, im rubbish with photoshop:lol

Saying that, if anyone can add normal Goku to that pic please do, would love to see the comparisons.

One thing though cartoon, the normal Goku figure we are getting has quite a light gi, so it doesnt match the SDCC version; he is definitely made to match manga Goku.

Dragon-Ball-Z-SH-Figuarts-Goku-Regular-Figure-Scratching-Head-e1380039724630.jpg

I don't know about that maybe they can repaint it darker but it's not a perfect match with ssj goku (which ppl claim is manga and it is ) . Normal goku it's darker he's in between ssj goku and sdcc goku . One thing that is better is that the sash and bands match unlike the sdcc where is purple and blue .

The reason the gi is lighter on ssj manga Goku is because in the manga, super saiyan literally makes clothes lighter lol.

Also, as much as people hate the purple sash and armbands (including me) it is accurate to the show.

GokuSuperSaiyanVsAndroid19.png

The reason the gi is lighter on ssj manga Goku is because in the manga, super saiyan literally makes clothes lighter lol.

Also, as much as people hate the purple sash and armbands (including me) it is accurate to the show.

GokuSuperSaiyanVsAndroid19.png

No it's not. Show me a pic where the belt is purple and the arm bands are blue ... And I know the clothes get lighter when in ssj mode I'm not saying anything about that . Just saying normal goku color is between ssj goku and ssj sdcc goku

********edit: never mind just saw the pic of figure and bands are also purple not blue so yes it's accurate I thought the bands were blue and only belt was purple . (Don't own figure )

I can't believe we've been discussing a release this much that won't get here until another half a year. And only Krillin in between looks like. I have to say I'd really hoped 'early 2014' meant jan/feb. We got Cell in Jan 2013 didn't we? And we got Cell, ssj Goku re-rel, Vegeta, SDCC Piccolo, Frieza and Krillin for 2013 as a whole.

I'm really wondering what the final tally will be for 2014 if the first release is three months in.

Think yourself lucky Silrian, some of us have been discussing regular Goku for about two years now at least lol.

I also wouldnt worry about the amount of releases next year; sentai usually dont start until march either, and loads of them get released. Think of it this way; less time inbetween releases!

At first guess maybe march, may, july (sdcc), september and november, maybe even more, like may, june, july etc.

We got cell last oct, same time as krillins release this yr. vegeta was in march re release goku was may and frieza was june sdcc is july so realisticly how its gunna go this year is gunna be(startin with krillin at the end of this month) krillin, goku in march, re release ssj vegeta in may ,A18 and nappa somewhere in june and next oct and 17 will be later, smart move would be to do nappa after goku then A18 and the start of next yr should be A17 with the new protos

@Big Deano Yeah it's hard to believe I've only been collecting these fore little over a year now. I hope you're right man.^^

We got cell last oct, same time as krillins release this yr. vegeta was in march re release goku was may and frieza was june sdcc is july so realisticly how its gunna go this year is gunna be(startin with krillin at the end of this month) krillin, goku in march, re release ssj vegeta in may ,A18 and nappa somewhere in june and next oct and 17 will be later, smart move would be to do nappa after goku then A18 and the start of next yr should be A17 with the new protos

Cell was a 2012 release? Hm, that does change things a bit. That means we only got three new ones in 2013. If that's the case I'm afraid unless we catch a lucky break with the sdcc, we'll only have Goku and the androids next year. Nappa might be pushed to 2015 if released at all.:(

We still have whatever figures they decide to make from the poll, which are probably already being made. One or two of them may be released next year, thats what happened to Cell and Trunks; they were on the last poll and got announced rather quickly after it.

Oh cool I didn't know that. Is there any way to predict or narrow down what those polls results are? I don't think any info's been released, has it?

Back