S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the difference in the SDCC and regular releases?

Also is there a regular Vegeta and the Trunks is regular or SS

What's the new Goku releasing in 2014 i read a page back?

Vegeta is only SS, Trunks has regular and SS heads. And the Goku next year is normal Goku.

SDCC Goku left, Manga reg. on the right. I have both, and I dropped about 150$ on SDCC Goku a year ago :(

2rrqf74.jpg

cool i see. I might just drop the regular version :lol

I saw a regular Vegeta with the scouter and tail in your collection is that not FiguArts?

Also i heard anime island is good? prices are REALLY low where are they shipping from?

EDIT: Nevermind they only have Goku in stock. That must have been retail price

Last edited:
That Vegeta is FiguArts. And I'll never order from Anime Island again. I tried to get a refund for a pre-order and they keep the shipping cost. **** them.

alain_delon_gif.gif

why would you think they wont release anime krillin ? Have you been following any of the SDCC release's so far ?

Yes I'm serious. I think it's pretty effed up to release a figure in November 2013, and then release a repaint that can't be much different as an exclusive half a year later. That is BS. What, the exclusive will be a non-white eyes krillin?>< They've switched to anime releases now, so to now all of a sudden release an anime figure and a repaint of him half a year later as an exclusive, I dislike that. The SDCC repaints felt like retcons to me. "Oops, well here are the versions most of you would rather have. We know that now." Feels cheap to now do the same over a figure that's 1) after the line has switched to anime already and 2) a figure that'll hardly be different.

Or what, we'll get a manga version every year now and a repaint in anime of that figure the sdcc after that? They should then switch that and give the regular release to the largest crowd (cause face it most people that collect this prefer anime versions). I'm fine with repaints as exclusives, but not to just constantly milk the anime fans. Exclusives are more expensive then normal, anime versions should be the regular releases now, if not just for the fact it'll help keep the line alive more when the popular versions are most accessible. Make repaints from now on that are actually a unique or new look to a character or if manga fans need their manga versions, make the sdcc exclusives manga versions.

Either way, the regular released line should have anime versions from now on because that'll cater to the largest group and from tamashii's perspectives, I assume, will keep sales up the most as well. So yes, I'm serious, if Tamashii has brains, which they seem to, we won't see an anime repaint of krillin next sdcc, or ever again. If we do, well, I guess I won't have to pay any SDCC money for a year then, cause I'm not buying it, and I'm not buying regular released manga versions either.

Yes I'm serious. I think it's pretty effed up to release a figure in November 2013, and then release a repaint that can't be much different as an exclusive half a year later. That is BS. What, the exclusive will be a non-white eyes krillin?>< They've switched to anime releases now, so to now all of a sudden release an anime figure and a repaint of him half a year later as an exclusive, I dislike that. The SDCC repaints felt like retcons to me. "Oops, well here are the versions most of you would rather have. We know that now." Feels cheap to now do the same over a figure that's 1) after the line has switched to anime already and 2) a figure that'll hardly be different.

Or what, we'll get a manga version every year now and a repaint in anime of that figure the sdcc after that? They should then switch that and give the regular release to the largest crowd (cause face it most people that collect this prefer anime versions). I'm fine with repaints as exclusives, but not to just constantly milk the anime fans. Exclusives are more expensive then normal, anime versions should be the regular releases now, if not just for the fact it'll help keep the line alive more when the popular versions are most accessible. Make repaints from now on that are actually a unique or new look to a character or if manga fans need their manga versions, make the sdcc exclusives manga versions.

Either way, the regular released line should have anime versions from now on because that'll cater to the largest group and from tamashii's perspectives, I assume, will keep sales up the most as well. So yes, I'm serious, if Tamashii has brains, which they seem to, we won't see an anime repaint of krillin next sdcc, or ever again. If we do, well, I guess I won't have to pay any SDCC money for a year then, cause I'm not buying it, and I'm not buying regular released manga versions either.

They have brains it's a good business strategy they know people will buy them if its you or I or scalpers they will sell there is a demand for it.

but i like the orange of the manga more :monkey2

Or somebody needs to correct me and tell me, hell, explain me, how the ones who only want the manga releases are the biggest group buying these figures...

Otherwise I'd say, if only from a business point of views, it's most profitable to have the regular releases cater to the largest group with interest out there, which I think are the anime fans, taking into account people have just or haven't even discovered the line. One high selling sdcc exclusive is not going to amount to a high selling regular release, if not for anything else, because sdcc exclusives are LIMITED = less sales.

Limited = more desirable, exactly the same sales, just less qty produced

Or somebody needs to correct me and tell me, hell, explain me, how the ones who only want the manga releases are the biggest group buying these figures...

Otherwise I'd say, if only from a business point of views, it's most profitable to have the regular releases cater to the largest group with interest out there. One high selling sdcc exclusive is not going to amount to a high selling regular release, if not for anything else, because sdcc exclusives are LIMITED = less sales.

The Gi's have always looked red orange throughout the show. There were times that it looked Red, but this just isn't the case. The canon Anime color is Red Orange.

Limited = more desirable, exactly the same sales, just less qty produced

So you're saying that an sdcc exclusive will amount to the same financial gain for Tamashii then if that character had been a regular release!?

I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

You guys realise it's not Tamashii that's selling these for scalper prices right? No way that small price bump during sdcc will amount to the quantity in which a regularly released figure can sell.

EDIT: and, as long as the most preferred versions are sdcc's, it'll be way less accessible to many people who might not've bought into the line in full (or not at all yet). It's a dumb move for both us and Tamashii themselves as far as I can see.

So you're saying that an sdcc exclusive will amount to the same financial gain for Tamashii then if that character had been a regular release!?

I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

The line sells a lot more here then japan so I agree with there business strategy. If you don't like it don't buy plain and simple no reason to keep complaining.

Back