S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand everyone's pain but I cannot completely fault BBTS for this. Yes, they DO have a habit of up-charging on some rare items (they recently "found" some Figuarts Yamcha figures and offered them for $100+) but they are pretty consistent with putting everything at MSRP. Also, as a e-seller, you have PAID for your orders by the time you receive them and when a bunch of customers suddenly cancel their pre-orders...you're sitting on additional stock that sometimes you cannot sell.

The NRDs are something A LOT of e-sellers have had to turn to because customers aren't keeping pre-orders. Additionally, Bandai has recently become MORE aggressive with distributors/sellers in wanting money up-front for Web Exclusives. Alex of Ageless Geeks and Andrew of Toyco on Facebook have been very transparent about how Bandai wants their money for figure orders sooner...so that in turn ends up getting pushed onto the customer to pay up-front. I don't fault a business for turning to NRDs because what's happened is that the customers haven't kept their orders...not the other way around. We're kind of lucky that BBTS still has their *mostly* free pre-order policies in place.

In regards to Kid Gohan, and I'm not completely defending BBTS here, but they do need to make a profit because they're a business. They are paying the same $52 for each figure as everyone else and they're not getting their wholesale price that most sellers get. If you want the luxury of a "free" pre-order that you cancel at anytime then at least pony up $16 for a NRD and then you get that privilege...but you have to pay.

The point of this also is that Bandai wants the US customers to come directly to them for some of these items. They already did this in Japan and now they're pulling the same strategy to here...to maximizes their own profits. I do think they need to expand it to some other countries like Canada and maybe Central/South America. There are many fans over there that have to go through other ways to get these figures like BBTS.

So is this new Gohan exclusive to Pbandai only or will amazon and other authorized distribution will have him too?

8afe4e2f0a7ddc4ec67b62b3a0baeadb.jpg

Says limited run but is it Premium Bandai only?

Yes, Gohan is Premium Bandai ONLY. "Web Exclusive" in the Japan and the US. Yes, you have to pay for the pre-order "up-front"

He will NOT be offered on Amazon or any retailers under the normal MSRP. BBTS has to pay the $52 price for every figure...that is why they're up-charging. They are NOT going to be getting this figure through their standard distributor (Bluefin).

Pre-order him on Premium Bandai if you're in the US. Just like SSGSS Vegetto and Zamasu.

toyz and BBTS are already shipping though....

If you?re into getting your stuff ASAP by all means but I don?t support BBTS for their scalping practices nor paying $4 to ship. Toyz is fine (free ship and no tax), it just wasn?t up when I was ready to buy but it really doesn?t matter to me if I get it early or late as long as I get it and it looks like amazon updated early July to late June now and has a reduce price too.

0adefcdaf55e097c7161d04c549da0f9.jpg

If you?re into getting your stuff ASAP by all means but I don?t support BBTS for their scalping practices nor paying $4 to ship. Toyz is fine (free ship and no tax), it just wasn?t up when I was ready to buy but it really doesn?t matter to me if I get it early or late as long as I get it and it looks like amazon updated early July to late June now and has a reduce price too.

0adefcdaf55e097c7161d04c549da0f9.jpg

I'm not arguing, i was just asking where this was posted. i got mine from toyz

Yes, Gohan is Premium Bandai ONLY. "Web Exclusive" in the Japan and the US. Yes, you have to pay for the pre-order "up-front"

He will NOT be offered on Amazon or any retailers under the normal MSRP. BBTS has to pay the $52 price for every figure...that is why they're up-charging. They are NOT going to be getting this figure through their standard distributor (Bluefin).

Pre-order him on Premium Bandai if you're in the US. Just like SSGSS Vegetto and Zamasu.

I think P bandai America is Bluefin now, Bandai bought blufin a year or more ago

I think P bandai America is Bluefin now, Bandai bought blufin a year or more ago

It probably definitely is. I do remember that Bandai bought Bluefin, but didn't really put the two together. Good catch, that's probably definitely why they've pushed the P-Bandai USA stuff so hard just recently.

b6c5caf3732359fbc182e30ac21da33e.jpg

Is this scalping scheme from BBTS again? Wasn?t he $45-50 when it was first round release?

Back