S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are “premium color editions”?

Along with what Bee Vee was saying, Premium Color releases are what I consider Tamashii's "loophole."

Regular Releases are products that have the potential to be reissued at any time there's a demand for an already sold out product of an earlier release.

Web Exclusives are products that only go through production once and that specific product will never be reissued.

Premium Color releases are products that were originally Web Exclusives but are given a different paint application to make it different from the original Web Exclusive release.

Along with what Bee Vee was saying, Premium Color releases are what I consider Tamashii's "loophole."

Regular Releases are products that have the potential to be reissued at any time there's a demand for an already sold out product of an earlier release.

Web Exclusives are products that only go through production once and that specific product will never be reissued.

Premium Color releases are products that were originally Web Exclusives but are given a different paint application to make it different from the original Web Exclusive release.

Very helpful thank you!

I watched a video of the Cell comparisons and the face sculpt had been redone as well in the Premium, is that common as well?

What does Web Exclusive mean? Will they be available on BBTS?

It depends if Bulma is a Web Exclusive or not. I normally find it better to purchase a Web Exclusive when its released or shortly after. I figure it's better to sell if I don't want it rather than trying to hunt it down when its price rises in the after-market.

The problem with Nappa is that I'm afraid Tamashii Nations will do something similar to Broly where they make the "most wanted" coloring applications a SDCC Exclusive. I hope they wait until he sells out and then eventually release a Premium Color (anime) version. Maybe with a 2.0 Piccolo or even Saiyan Saga Goku.

Yamcha is a Web Exclusive too. There will more than likely be an Android Saga based on those sales but, if you do want to get the Saiyan Saga version, don't wait on him too long.

Kid Goku is also selling out quickly but it's okay to take your time since he's a Regular Release and well...Goku. :lol I am very surprised to see how fast Super Saiyan 3 Goku has been selling. Not really that surprising but still...shows the power in sales for Goku.

Goku Black is selling extremely well. I have found out something interesting about that release. All faces are compatible with the Normal and Super Saiyan Rose heads. (They could have repainted the smirk for Super Saiyan Rose! Why, Tamashii, why?!) So I imagine it will be the same for the inevitable Super Saiyan/Blue Goku release. Very smart business decision. Anyways, Goku Black is a great release. I highly recommend him.

I just don't really have a desire to pick up that version of Bulma. I think I'll have to see it in person or watch some reviews when it comes out before deciding on it for sure.

I assumed SDCC would be the route they'd go with Nappa, which is partially why I'm holding out. I'd rather just shell out the after market price for the version I want rather than buying the current version, and then feeling like I want to buy the SDCC version as well (if it does happen to be an SDCC exclusive, which I feel it will be eventually).

There are a couple of Barnes and Noble stores within an hour of where I live that have Yamcha listed as in stock, I'm just waiting on a really good coupon to go and make the drive to pick him up 😁 I definitely prefer the Saiyan saga version of him over the android saga version, so this is the ideal Yamcha figure for me.

I saw Kid Goku at Gamestop and he looked great! I'm hoping to pick him up in the next few months, budgeting sucks hahah

I'll probably pick up Goku Black right away honestly. I have a Shadow of the Colossus statue on preorder at gamestop which is slated to come out at the end of May. They have goku black listed to come out on the same day, so if they have him in store when I pick up the statue I'll probably buy him right then too. The shadow statue is partially why I'm budgeting and trying to decide on which figures to buy now and which to wait on. Its more than I would typically spend on a figure or statue, but I love the game so much that I feel like I have to buy stuff from it whenever new merch comes out for it (luckily that isn't very often haha)

Lobster Goku! :lol

Honestly, some of those Dragon Stars figures are tempting. Ugh, I may be hitting myself for not getting some of them in the future.

I’m holding off on the Dragon Stars simply because I know we’ll eventually get a majority of these in Figuarts form. Super for it’s good and it’s bad has been a hit worldwide and has so much merch potential. If it carries the Dragon Ball bame it’s gold. Tamashii sure as hell is gonna capitalize on as many characters as they can and I can see most if not all of these Dragon Stars figures getting Figuarts down the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d probably be good with just Omen Goku, Jiren, Hit, Piccolo 2.0, Kid Buu, Krillin 2.0 and Bardock. Anything else would be awesome, but for other collectors to enjoy.

Not sure why folk are surprised, figures they aren't sure will sell well are still web exs, and Bulmas a definite iffy release. I wont get her for example.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For Dragon stars I will probably be getting Jiren and maybe Cabba. I would like to get the BAF Kale, but don't want to buy all of the other figures to get it. Same thing with the Merged Zamasu in the current wave. I did pick up Hit from the Dragon Stars line, which is a cool stand in, but once a figuarts version comes out that one will be going back in the box. These newer ones look really good though, like the head sculpt on Jiren is really well done. I'm really looking forward to that one

Not sure why folk are surprised, figures they aren't sure will sell well are still web exs, and Bulmas a definite iffy release. I wont get her for example.

There's a lot of craving for a Bulma figuarts (social media has a ton of people asking for her) the main problem is the look chosen, I've seen many that wont get her but still get her pink dress look or namek Bulma. The way Tamashii chooses their exclusives and standard releases are just weird, I cant believe the character from the game and game Trunks would sell more than Bulma...

We dont have to underestimate the waifu fandom too, figmas are successful enough and they are full of female characters.

Anyways she looks fantastic and I cant wait.

Agreed.

Although I'm not sure if Tamashii solely basis their Web Exclusives releases on sales predictions. Like Majin Vegeta and Goku Black, they know they would sell very well. I think...

The downside to skipping Bulma, and other Dragon Ball releases, is not being able to get the Dragon Ball they'll come with to fit in Shenron's base.

I doubt it. They're been very consistent. Although some heights are wrong like Nappa and Cell.

Kid Goku just has a gigantic head.

Back