S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a nice looking figure. Far better than paint chip eating Dragguun Burl Pooper Drunks. I'm still irritated with how awful that one looks.

lol. While i enjoyed DBS as a whole & appreciate its existence, I'm kinda glad it's concluded. There's really nothing more they can show us.. Dragon Ball at this point has jumped the shark (some may argue it jumped the shark way back in the Buu Saga but that's a different debate)

"but Crisis, there are still 4 more universes that have been exempt--" Yeah, and? Goku is going to defeat any adversary that comes his way anyway. They can't move past him being the main character. They won't use numbers anymore so now we have to use subtitles like Super Saiyan Rage & Super Saiyan Blue Evolution. What more can the characters go through at this point that will give them actual development & growth?

I just see DB from here on out as a money machine, they gotta keep the ball rollin' just so they can produce more toys & merchandise to keep the business alive

If it was up to me, I wouldn't have made Goku master Ultra Instinct in a matter of minutes. Instead, Jiren would've gained the upper hand while Goku was in the "omen" state, eliminating him & fulfilling his wish. Goku & Jiren would remain rivals, thus giving Goku an incentive to master UI & have a real rematch in the future, saving the silver hair transformation for the next season or whatever (also giving us the viewers an incentive to watch Goku try to catch up to Jiren's level). Dunno why they had to rush the transformation

Future Trunks looks excellent in person. Shouldn't expect production ready quality when it's a very early prototype. It's lucky if the figure even stays together while posing.

lol. While i enjoyed DBS as a whole & appreciate its existence, I'm kinda glad it's concluded. There's really nothing more they can show us.. Dragon Ball at this point has jumped the shark (some may argue it jumped the shark way back in the Buu Saga but that's a different debate)

"but Crisis, there are still 4 more universes that have been exempt--" Yeah, and? Goku is going to defeat any adversary that comes his way anyway. They can't move past him being the main character. They won't use numbers anymore so now we have to use subtitles like Super Saiyan Rage & Super Saiyan Blue Evolution. What more can the characters go through at this point that will give them actual development & growth?

I just see DB from here on out as a money machine, they gotta keep the ball rollin' just so they can produce more toys & merchandise to keep the business alive

Dragon Ball is more popular than ever and Goku has become no different than any timeless American superhero. There's no shortage of story telling as long as there's an audience waiting to go on that journey.

But Goku has had no character development in decades. American superheroes at least go through trials & tribulations, Goku's character has remained the same, perhaps even regressed. DBS has just rehashed old story arcs (tournaments, future threats, new transformations). We've seen other universes & how the other Gods behave in contrast to Beerus. What else is the next series going to bring us besides more mindless battles & transformations?

But Goku has had no character development in decades. American superheroes at least go through trials & tribulations, Goku's character has remained the same, perhaps even regressed. DBS has just rehashed old story arcs (tournaments, future threats, new transformations). We've seen other universes & how the other Gods behave in contrast to Beerus. What else is the next series going to bring us besides more mindless battles & transformations?

The trials and tribulations that American superheroes go through is not really all that different than what Goku goes through. When ever a writer is done with their superhero, they'll more than likely always go back to how the majority of the readers want them to be. It's not about the character development that they go through but more about the story that is being told.

For Dragon Ball, rehashing story arcs/developments isn't getting old with the majority of the fans. Any and all Dragon Ball products, such as anime, manga, figures, and etc., are still in high demand. Toei/Toriyama have no reason to fix something that isn't broken.

54 bucks!!!
I assume the price point will be less. I was already debating whether on skipping out on this one.

Thats almost 6hrs of work for most people. Thats why I quit collecting and sold off everything I had. Profit only $150-200 on all the 2.0 I had but whatever.

There's much better Anime and Manga stories out there for character development than DB. It's the first colossal hit and it's story structure and writing is very dated. Even Super was the same ol same ol.

It's a very flat story. Screaming episode after episode is not emotional writing. We never really get into character's heads and see their true selves and motivations. We get blanket statements of such. When you really look at it, there's nothing to connect to in any of these spinoffs of DB. .

Goku stinks as a character. Vegeta is the only character in the series I feel is an actual person. Goku is a retard that always has God mode enabled because the creator is a bias asshat.

That being said, I'm still a fan. But let's be real about it.

Bulma is looking awesome!

Bulma 1.jpg
Bulma 2.jpg

It's understandable how some can be upset with certain things and how it's helped others.

In the end, we're all fans of the franchise. Let's keep our focus on that.

Wow, she's looking great. Very happy to see her in more poses. EXTREMELY happy she comes with the Dragon Radar.

I like how her goggles are removable. Definitely a must buy for me.

Next couple Dragon Ball Stars waves along with the Build-a-Figure. I think I've officially gone all-in with this series.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I like how her goggles are removable. Definitely a must buy for me.

Holy cow, I can't believe I missed that. Great catch!

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily looking too forward to this release after its Tamashii Nations 2017 reveal but after seeing it in person, the accessories, and the posing potential...it's turning out to be an all-around great release.

Compared to something like Death Note where a thought provoking plot is necessary to progress the story, Dragon Ball may fall flat. But it's undeniable that Dragon Ball, based on its history, is one of the greatest series ever created. The fact that it's still alive is damn impressive, even if the plots used for Super weren't necessarily groundbreaking or newer. I still love it, and honestly I think Dragon Ball will always be my favorite series.

As for Bulma, she does look great! I still think I'm going to pass on her though. I've been trying to save money and seriously debate which figures I get. I still haven't picked up Nappa, Yamcha, Kid Goku or Goku Black. I'm waiting for a PC Nappa, but definitely want to pick up the other three at some point. Had it been Bulma's original look in dragon ball with the pink shirt/dress or her namek outfit I probably would get it, but this one seems like such an odd choice to me. It's supposed to be her first manga appearance, correct?

Next couple Dragon Ball Stars waves along with the Build-a-Figure. I think I've officially gone all-in with this series.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Holy cow, I can't believe I missed that. Great catch!

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily looking too forward to this release after its Tamashii Nations 2017 reveal but after seeing it in person, the accessories, and the posing potential...it's turning out to be an all-around great release.

Lobster Goku looks like crap.

Do any other figure lines of any Dragon Ball series scale with the FiguArts? There were a few options at GameStop and comic stores and such for dragon ball figures. And a lot look similar, maybe it’s just me. And then they had model kits as well. These seemed like the best line, but some characters are not out, or ones like Android 18 are really pricey. How do y’all decide what other lines to mix in?

Compared to something like Death Note where a thought provoking plot is necessary to progress the story, Dragon Ball may fall flat. But it's undeniable that Dragon Ball, based on its history, is one of the greatest series ever created. The fact that it's still alive is damn impressive, even if the plots used for Super weren't necessarily groundbreaking or newer. I still love it, and honestly I think Dragon Ball will always be my favorite series.

As for Bulma, she does look great! I still think I'm going to pass on her though. I've been trying to save money and seriously debate which figures I get. I still haven't picked up Nappa, Yamcha, Kid Goku or Goku Black. I'm waiting for a PC Nappa, but definitely want to pick up the other three at some point. Had it been Bulma's original look in dragon ball with the pink shirt/dress or her namek outfit I probably would get it, but this one seems like such an odd choice to me. It's supposed to be her first manga appearance, correct?

It depends if Bulma is a Web Exclusive or not. I normally find it better to purchase a Web Exclusive when its released or shortly after. I figure it's better to sell if I don't want it rather than trying to hunt it down when its price rises in the after-market.

The problem with Nappa is that I'm afraid Tamashii Nations will do something similar to Broly where they make the "most wanted" coloring applications a SDCC Exclusive. I hope they wait until he sells out and then eventually release a Premium Color (anime) version. Maybe with a 2.0 Piccolo or even Saiyan Saga Goku.

Yamcha is a Web Exclusive too. There will more than likely be an Android Saga based on those sales but, if you do want to get the Saiyan Saga version, don't wait on him too long.

Kid Goku is also selling out quickly but it's okay to take your time since he's a Regular Release and well...Goku. :lol I am very surprised to see how fast Super Saiyan 3 Goku has been selling. Not really that surprising but still...shows the power in sales for Goku.

Goku Black is selling extremely well. I have found out something interesting about that release. All faces are compatible with the Normal and Super Saiyan Rose heads. (They could have repainted the smirk for Super Saiyan Rose! Why, Tamashii, why?!) So I imagine it will be the same for the inevitable Super Saiyan/Blue Goku release. Very smart business decision. Anyways, Goku Black is a great release. I highly recommend him.

Lobster Goku looks like crap.

Yeah, they could have handled that a lot better rather than going straight out red.

Do any other figure lines of any Dragon Ball series scale with the FiguArts? There were a few options at GameStop and comic stores and such for dragon ball figures. And a lot look similar, maybe it’s just me. And then they had model kits as well. These seemed like the best line, but some characters are not out, or ones like Android 18 are really pricey. How do y’all decide what other lines to mix in?

Deano did a comparison with Krillin Figure-Rise and seemed to prefer it over the Figuarts. (Which I tend to agree with. It was really well done.) Figure-Rise is hit or miss with the scaling though. Broly is very close to scaling well with the Figuarts version. I prefer the height of the Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Vegeta Figure-Rise. Perfect Cell as well. Looking forward to seeing how tall Piccolo will be compared to Figuarts.

Dragon Ball Stars is the closest to scaling with Figuarts in regards to consistency though. Cheaper alternative but faster production.

In regards to action figures/articulation, Figure-Rise and Stars are the Top 2, and only that I know of, lines that have the most potential of crossing over well with the Figuarts line.

Don't pay after market prices. If you have a question on a specific release, give us a quick ask and we'll tell you all about it.

What kind of accessories are you looking into? Tamashii has some energy, impact, and rock effects available.

Thanks!

Well those looked cool, and I think I saw some Pods that would be cool, but idk about quality yet or anything. I did buy a clear pose kit

Thanks!

Well those looked cool, and I think I saw some Pods that would be cool, but idk about quality yet or anything. I did buy a clear pose kit

The Figure-Rise Mechanic Saiyan Pod and Time Machine are unbelievable and scale amazingly well with Figuarts. Very big pieces that take up a lot of room in your display but well worth it. Saiyan Pod also comes with a sitting Vegeta kit too.

What clear pose kit do you have, if you don't mind me asking? Is it the Stage Act 4?

stage_act4_large.jpg

The Figure-Rise Mechanic Saiyan Pod and Time Machine are unbelievable and scale amazingly well with Figuarts. Very big pieces that take up a lot of room in your display but well worth it. Saiyan Pod also comes with a sitting Vegeta kit too.

What clear pose kit do you have, if you don't mind me asking? Is it the Stage Act 4?

stage_act4_large.jpg

Yes the Stage Act 4 pack! It has a couple in the package. I just got them yesterday and haven’t opened them yet.

I’m seriously considering the Saiyan pod, it’s not costly at all, and it looked like a good display piece for sure. Have been thinking of buying a big fish tank and making a diorama with something someday. And these figures seem like a legit option for something like that.

Back