S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that was a boastful statement more than anything. Could he beat some of the Gods of Destruction? Sure. We really only ever see a few actually fight. I’m sure some are weaker than others. And I think that’s where they’re laying that claim. He can beat “some” of them.

And it’s true, mortal level doesn’t equal strength, but come on... we all know there’s a few big bad beasties hidden away in those universes. In fact, I would bet on at least one of them having been exempt for the sole reason that one of their inhabitants is stronger than even the Grand Priest, who is one of the top five strongest beings in existence.

In strength? Probably. It wouldn’t matter if Zeno could just fllick his wrist and erase them though. :lol

No, I mean above on every level. Someone or something not even zeno can touch....like The One Above All in Marvel. The creator. All Zeno seems to be able to do is destroy, buy he doesn't seem to be able to create or transcend time, since there are two different versions of him, after he was stuck in limbo after erasing Trunk's future timeline.

I don’t think there is. He’s the Omni King. Although, oddly he’s affected by time... so, it’s possible. I’m not going to hold my breath though. Whis said there’s no one above him, so I’ll take his word for it, for now.

Well I got you all beat, because I think there is someone even above above, the hypothetical being that's above Zeno

becauze this is Dragon Ball which means there is always something/transformation/enemy that's beyond beyond beyond beyond beyond beyondbeyondbeyondbeyond

lol why would you be surprised? If Toriyama can make up something beyond Super Saiyan GOD, if he wanted he can do the same with Zeno. Like in the next chapter they'll introduce the idea of Zeno(s) only being the "current" incarnation and that there were others before him or some nonsense like that. Or, he can take a cue from the Buu Saga & say that Zeno is so childlike because long ago he was split from his "adult" side which was sealed away blahblahblah. See how easy it is? :lol

Remember everyone, in the manga when Supreme Kai was first introduced, Piccolo was so SHOCKED to see him, even calling him the "god of everything" at the time. Look how fast that went away. The Sacred World of the Kais was believed to be the pinnacle of creation. Fast forward years later & Whis is introduced who is beyond them. It goes on & on

I think you reach a point where escalation becomes ridiculous though. Zeno does not resemble any character or being that’s come before him. Further adding an omnipotent being above him would likely result in something even sillier. Just because they can, doesn’t mean they will.

In this thread, a bunch of people complaining that a shonen, which is literally a type of story where the hero is constantly confronted to bigger and bigger challenges and overcomes them every time, is having bigger and bigger threats that the hero keeps overcoming every time.

It's going to happen. Every time. In every shonen. Yes, even this one. Deal with it. :)

I, for one, greatly appreciated Dragon Ball Super, it brought back both the humorous situations of early Dragon Ball and the epic fights and threats of Z in a mix that was mostly well balanced.

The series was better and better as it went on, and I'm glad that there's more content coming in the announced movie, and hope for a return of DBS eventually.

In this thread, a bunch of people complaining that a shonen, which is literally a type of story where the hero is constantly confronted to bigger and bigger challenges and overcomes them every time, is having bigger and bigger threats that the hero keeps overcoming every time.

It's going to happen. Every time. In every shonen. Yes, even this one. Deal with it. :)

I, for one, greatly appreciated Dragon Ball Super, it brought back both the humorous situations of early Dragon Ball and the epic fights and threats of Z in a mix that was mostly well balanced.

The series was better and better as it went on, and I'm glad that there's more content coming in the announced movie, and hope for a return of DBS eventually.
I'll second that!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

:goodpost:

lol why would you be surprised? If Toriyama can make up something beyond Super Saiyan GOD, if he wanted he can do the same with Zeno. Like in the next chapter they'll introduce the idea of Zeno(s) only being the "current" incarnation and that there were others before him or some nonsense like that. Or, he can take a cue from the Buu Saga & say that Zeno is so childlike because long ago he was split from his "adult" side which was sealed away blahblahblah. See how easy it is? :lol

Remember everyone, in the manga when Supreme Kai was first introduced, Piccolo was so SHOCKED to see him, even calling him the "god of everything" at the time. Look how fast that went away. The Sacred World of the Kais was believed to be the pinnacle of creation. Fast forward years later & Whis is introduced who is beyond them. It goes on & on

Who could be stonger than the king of all? Mom and Dad or the evil sister of course or previous/future seat holders lol.

I hope no one hates the fact that there’s always another level above what you see or hear in the Dragonball world or else you can just jump ship to bleach and wonder how ichigo level 3 always fails but finds a way to win... lol

Anyways if anyone cares, I just sold all of my figuarts dragon ball collections. A while back I commented about fat buu could be around $90 and realized how lame I was working almost a full day for a toy... lol so since then I sold everything, made good $300 profit after shipping and fees AND surprisingly sold my last figure when they aired/released Super’s last episode. No regrets... I feel free now.

I think it’s good to be critical of any body of work, but I certainly enjoyed Super more than I thought I would. It definitely wasn’t perfect and I had issues with a few things here and there, but DBZ was also flawed at times. If they decide to continue past the film, I hope they take a lengthy break and come back with some more great content.

Personally, I feel the focus of the show should inevitably transition into some of the other characters. Otherwise, what’s the point of their offspring? Well, besides attributing to furthering their power.

Goku will always be part of the show, of course... but a day will come when nothing else can be done with his character. People really enjoyed seeing all the other characters again. I think Android 17 was just about one of the biggest highlights of the Tournament.

Who could be stonger than the king of all? Mom and Dad or the evil sister of course or previous/future seat holders lol.

I hope no one hates the fact that there’s always another level above what you see or hear in the Dragonball world or else you can just jump ship to bleach and wonder how ichigo level 3 always fails but finds a way to win... lol

Anyways if anyone cares, I just sold all of my figuarts dragon ball collections. A while back I commented about fat buu could be around $90 and realized how lame I was working almost a full day for a toy... lol so since then I sold everything, made good $300 profit after shipping and fees AND surprisingly sold my last figure when they aired/released Super’s last episode. No regrets... I feel free now.
I stopped watching Bleach after Aizen. There was literally no point. The show was over for me. I got enjoyment out of the story and it concluded the way it needed to. I own the important dvd collections and virtually none of the filler.

Unlike Dragon Ball, which has always had a purpose to continuing on, Bleach should’ve been allowed to end on that high note... or at least from Ichigo’s perspective.

I hear you on the pricing front. I’ve pretty much put my foot down and am backing off ordering figures in the foreseeable future, upgrades notwithstanding perhaps. Still, if you’re a big fan of the show, you could have kept all of it and cherished it for years to come. Needing the money is another matter entirely though.

They forget that's exactly the same DBZ formula. Strong guys shows up, dominates, then gets his ass kicked by Goku and friends. :lol

I'll say this tho, DBS teased Frieza playing a larger role in the story and perhaps him betraying everyone and ultimately going after Zeno and the gods, but nothing happened. That was a bit disappointing along with Vegeta just sitting there with the rest of the usual lackeys (by DBZ standards).

The entire series is pretty much goku and vegeta learning to work together from and despite their rivalry and they end it on... A climax where goku and frieza work together... Yeah, no. For me none of the 'even bigger power' thing people just mentioned was the issue. And the ToP was a smart/cool circumvention of that to boot. It was just not a well done final ep imo. Generic, procedural, I disliked the only twist and the way they won was just anti-climactic to me.
Also I think UI should've been teased earlier, so we could've had a better build up toward it. DBZ had great periods of build up and then of them fighting on that level. DBS had no good ssjg or UI build up and ssjg was of relatively little buildup within its form, esp with vegeta freakin learning it off screen. Vegeta was largely shafted this series, and now to give frieza the final moment next to goku? The most despisable dude in the galaxy? Tien, piccolo, vegeta, the androids, they have character development, that made their role as an anti-hero cool. Frieza was a really cool factor to add, but him taking this final role was unearned and unrelatable to me.

The entire series is pretty much goku and vegeta learning to work together from and despite their rivalry and they end it on... A climax where goku and frieza work together... Yeah, no. For me none of the 'even bigger power' thing people just mentioned was the issue. And the ToP was a smart/cool circumvention of that to boot. It was just not a well done final ep imo. Generic, procedural, I disliked the only twist and the way they won was just anti-climactic to me.
Also I think UI should've been teased earlier, so we could've had a better build up toward it. DBZ had great periods of build up and then of them fighting on that level. DBS had no good ssjg or UI build up and ssjg was of relatively little buildup within its form, esp with vegeta freakin learning it off screen. Vegeta was largely shafted this series, and now to give frieza the final moment next to goku? The most despisable dude in the galaxy? Tien, piccolo, vegeta, the androids, they have character development, that made their role as an anti-hero cool. Frieza was a really cool factor to add, but him taking this final role was unearned and unrelatable to me.

This tease wasn’t early enough for you?

Stupid question but do any of you know how much the regular gigantic goku is worth? Can’t seem to find him anywhere on eBay

Sorry for steering off topic for a sec, but I wanted to show off the difference in the Goku vs SS Godku + Black front hair piece I mentioned before.

Here, take a close look.

Goku Black:
dragon-ball-super-s-h-figuarts-goku-black_HYPETOKYO_1.jpg

SS God Goku:
SH-Figuarts-Super-Saiyan-God-Son-Goku.jpg

Goku:
FC170746-A486-468D-918D-98A4E89FC0D1.jpeg

Call me crazy, but does Base Goku's head look slightly different too?

Back