S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so sad Goku Black doesnt come with a smirking face in Pink Mode (sorry dont know how to call it, havent watched Super). I was so going to use that to pose him like how he appears on the character screen of DBFighterZ when he gets selected (so cocky).
I'm getting 2 so I'm gonna repaint one smirk face for it, but also the dragon stars one is an evil grin if you want to go with that one. The hair sculpt on that one alone is awesome, I'll definitely be getting one!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Im so sad Goku Black doesnt come with a smirking face in Pink Mode (sorry dont know how to call it, havent watched Super). I was so going to use that to pose him like how he appears on the character screen of DBFighterZ when he gets selected (so cocky).

Join the club! If you can, send a post to Tamashii Nations on Social Media about that. Maybe suggesting to include it with another release.

Shi* I sometimes feel like they’re going to discontinue the figuarts line in 2-3 years if we dont buy all those DC/Marvel/StarWars - S.Moon/K.Rider junk plus them crazy up charged priced figures like BUU or female Figures lol

Yeah, they're spreading Figuarts thin but the good thing is they keep updating the technology.

Tamashii Nations makes some questionable decisions but, luckily, the Dragon Ball line won't be in jeopardy due to those decisions.

I'm still hoping for (but not expecting) a "powered up" color version of Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black with a pink hue to the whole costume and maybe pink aura effects. Without the regular goku black head and faces they could include a few different faces for rose black.

I was hoping for a maniacal smile face myself.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's the problem when releasing both forms of one character in a single release. It may be nice to have both forms at once but it takes away any potential accessories such as faces and hands that would've been included in one or the other of the released products.

Yeah, they're spreading Figuarts thin but the good thing is they keep updating the technology.

Tamashii Nations makes some questionable decisions but, luckily, the Dragon Ball line won't be in jeopardy due to those decisions.

Thats the scary thing about them updating. To many poor dumb lines that aren’t selling with one main line thats only making money sometime leads to....

“ok all 1.0 figuarts was decent but we learned no one wants sentai figures, 2.0 was awesome to bad we couldn’t apply it all to the other series, (reading the future 2022 beyond) 3.0 was great but we’ve only managed to restart and apply to the dbz series and some kamen rider so the question is should we update everything else to 3.0 or go 4.0 or maybe shut down the figuarts line and make something new with the 4.0 updates under as a new brand?” - Bandai Guy 1

“Maybe we can get the DC fanboys to buy a 2.0 dark knight and 2.0 joker?” - Bandai Guy 2

“No the customers don’t want that. They want a 2.0 Will Smith (deadshot)” - Bandai Boss 2

“Yes! I agree lets make a Will Smith figure in the old 2.0 style (the year 2022) and market it around for $75. Those DC Fanboys will love this!” Main Boss

“Ok boss!” - Bandai Guy 1&2 and Boss 2

Lol... only 3 more hours guys... I hate work but gotta put in a 5hr shift for figuarts Majin Buu!!!!!

the dragon stars one has an evil smirk, so that could work if youre interested, i might actually get that one too since the hairsculpt and paint look so nice. Im getting two goku blacks (SHF) so im just gonna repaint the one of the smirk faces haha

Anyone think Jaco will ever be released? He completely fell off the radar

IMG_1501.JPG

Anyone think Jaco will ever be released? He completely fell off the radar

I like the character, but that figure has the same scale problem than kid Goku. In the new gallery from Toyark, some pics are ridiculously funny...

The head scaling debate keeps coming up, but there's plenty of proof to show it's accurate to dragonball. Why does it keep coming up? I don't get it, I honestly dont.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's accurate to dragon ball but in figure form it looks kinda goofy, esp. when compared to the other figuarts. I think the point people are trying to make is that they have no problem sacrificing scale & height with certain characters, for example Piccolo & Nappa, but at the same time adhere to accuracy when it simultaneously contradicts other characters within the same line. There's an apparent inconsistency that some people choose to ignore with certain releases while at the same time criticizing other releases :dunno

I loved tonight's episode of Super! I wonder what Frieza's doing. He hasn't been knocked out of the ring yet I think. It would be funny if in the end, the winner's making a wish from the Dragon and suddenly Frieza pops up and wishes for panties, just like Oolong :)

People are already starting to beat Tamashii to the punch

View attachment 396781

But I agree with Dig Beano, the black hair was way more "unique" than this silver paint job. At this point it's just veering into "Dragon Ball AF" fan transformation territory. And technically we've already seen a white-haired Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball GT, but everyone absolutely hates GT & everything associated with it more than Hitler so god forbid anyone brings that up in a discussion
I honestly don’t like the almost grey appearance that some of the promo images and toys seem to have. I like the extreme ice white glow he has at the end of the episode though. It reminds me of when SSJ used to actually glow at the peak of a transformation. The flat colors get boring.

Although, I do find the Black Ultra Instinct Goku to be of a far superior design than any of the other DBS transformations, thus far. It was simple, but it worked so well.

I loved tonight's episode of Super! I wonder what Frieza's doing. He hasn't been knocked out of the ring yet I think. It would be funny if in the end, the winner's making a wish from the Dragon and suddenly Frieza pops up and wishes for panties, just like Oolong :)
Frieza no doubt has one final part to play in all this. And he wants that wish. Goku might just barely win out over Jiren. If that’s the case, Frieza could take on a weakened Goku in an attempt to monopolize on the wish, essentially making him the true bad guy of the arc... lol. Or he’ll try a dirty trick against Goku and Jiren near the end of the fight.

Damn guys... Barns and Noble got Tien in stock! I wish I had wait.... had some coupons to burn :(

Thats the 4th figure in a roll they’ve put on their shelves weeks after release date. Usually its random or never with B&N

I honestly don’t like the almost grey appearance that some of the promo images and toys seem to have. I like the extreme ice white glow he has at the end of the episode though. It reminds me of when SSJ used to actually glow at the peak of a transformation. The flat colors get boring.

Although, I do find the Black Ultra Instinct Goku to be of a far superior design than any of the other DBS transformations, thus far. It was simple, but it worked so well.

Frieza no doubt has one final part to play in all this. And he wants that wish. Goku might just barely win out over Jiren. If that’s the case, Frieza could take on a weakened Goku in an attempt to monopolize on the wish, essentially making him the true bad guy of the arc... lol. Or he’ll try a dirty trick against Goku and Jiren near the end of the fight.

i like the black hair desgin too for UI, i think it would look great with black paint (possibly with metal flake?) and metallic blue shading. I also agree with mastered UI, i think a pure white paint/pearl white w/ metallic blue shading (subtle) would make it look awesome. Tamashii, however, will most likely just do silver lol If i can get my hands on two of those custom UI heads though i may try a custom repaint.

Damn guys... Barns and Noble got Tien in stock! I wish I had wait.... had some coupons to burn :(

Thats the 4th figure in a roll they’ve put on their shelves weeks after release date. Usually its random or never with B&N

Same here! I've been trying to wait on b&n to get figures in so I can use my discounts. I was able to get tien there for $18 out of pocket using a coupon, my membership discount, and the $25 gift card they gave out for their promo they were doing in November or December. I'm waiting for a solid 30% or 40% off coupon before getting Yamcha. I just don't have a store close to me that has it in stock right now

That Trunks is a fun figure! I wish he had more faces and the scabbard is a bit wonky, but otherwise, he’s fun to pose.

i like the black hair desgin too for UI, i think it would look great with black paint (possibly with metal flake?) and metallic blue shading. I also agree with mastered UI, i think a pure white paint/pearl white w/ metallic blue shading (subtle) would make it look awesome. Tamashii, however, will most likely just do silver lol If i can get my hands on two of those custom UI heads though i may try a custom repaint.
Oh, I meant specifically in the show. They go from this quick, vibrant fluorescent yellow... to a nasty, faded banana color, in a lot of the episodes.

great photo :clap

To relieve some stress I threw together this random display

IMG_4062.JPG
IMG_4064.JPG
IMG_4065.JPG
IMG_4066.JPG
IMG_4067.JPG

as you can see I've omitted several figures. this is more like the "beta" version lol

Back