S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Gotank come with black & ss3 hair

The face doesn't bother me that much, since ss3 Goku 2.0 has funky-lookin faces as well & everyone has learned to accept it

Super Saiyan 3 Goku has 1 funky face and at least you can tell that it's supposed to be Goku. I have no idea where they came up with this sculpt for Gotenks when it looks almost nothing like him. It would be different if Tamashii didn't release a Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks Figuarts Zero where the sculpting captured the likeness of the character extremely well.

Untitled.jpg

I dunno dude, the similarities outweigh the differences to me. I can never look at that proto & say "i don't know who that is, at all!" If you can't tell that's Gotenx then... I dunno what to tell ya. Sometimes I think we're all guilty of over-thinking things sometimes :dunno

Hmm, now that you posted the comparison pic, that face is not bad at all. There was that one face where he's laughing or yelling that looked hideous.

Gotenks resembles Vegeta very much in design. Not sure I'm really I'm over thinking it when it just seems obvious. Maybe, at times, we're all guilty of being content with sculpting that isn't that great? :dunno

27583187_10215840917322067_1734055305_n.jpg

I don't care about his face when he is ridiculously out of scale. Teenager Gotenks? I'll pass...

I share a project that I plan to do :p I still do not decide whether to use the faces of the gohan battle damage or adapt those of the warrior goku. IMG_5900.JPGIMG_5898.JPGIMG_5899.jpgIMG_5900.JPGIMG_5901.JPGIMG_5902.JPGIMG_5903.JPG

Nicely done photoshopping, Tonito! I'm not sure young Gohan's faces look old enough for that specific design. It's difficult since his bang hangs to (his) right which makes Ultimate Gohan or even Time Patroller's faces not very usable unless you customize that.

Glad to see Majin Buu finally join the S.H.Figuarts line. LONG overdue.

Why is he so tall? Are they aware he’s completely over-scaled?

Pretty sure they are aware...just don't care. Hopefully Bandai of America decides to release a smaller scaled version.

That’s a shame. I didn’t start collecting Figuarts until the 2.0 Dragon Ball figures started hitting. Seemed like a solid line of collectibles!

Oh it's still a solid line and still the best dragonball figure line to date, Tamashii just tends to reuse parts from other figures to cut costs, side effect being that scale often ends up off. Scouter 2.0 is a big offender for this. Since they reused parts from Trunks he ended up taller than he should be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well, I’ve noticed it’s not as perfect as I was hoping. I’ve skipped out on some of their Star Wars and DC figures because of other offerings.

They do show the most consistent improvement, which is a plus. I really only have a mild interest in a few things outside of Dragon Ball, Star Wars, and DC though. Still, I did pick up the Green Ranger last year and recently pre-ordered Thor.

Wonder what this year's SDCC Exclusive will be. Doubt it will be a Goku but it would seem extremely fitting for 1 specific Goku considering the recent releases.

:lol Scale? Tamashii doesn’t care about scale!

Seriously, scale issues are one of their biggest weaknesses. It has essentially self-destructed some of their figure lines.

Among many other things with certain lines but that's another discussion in itself. :lol

I feel like Arlia Vegeta is such a waste of a release. I mean, it's alright and cool for people who did like it, but for me it was easily my least favorite SDCC release. I'm really hoping for Nappa, but I have a feeling it'll be Krillin. Or tamashii could just release another Goku for it and I wouldn't be surprised at all hahah

Back