S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question, How tall are they compared to SH Goku?

XPfWaiW.jpg

xardunek on DragonBallFigures posted this on the Grandista forum.

for anyone interested in kitbashing krillin and gohan figurise to make bojack gohan it looks pretty good imo. I used the double pack krillin body as the gohan ssj2 body as the lighter yellow orange seems to fit more in line with the transformation imo. I also used the sash and wrist bands from the gohan kit. The only other things from the gohan kit i needed were the inner parts to complete the faces and the hair. i decided to go w/ the paler skin tone from the double pack as well since i felt it fit the aura effect it was going for.

I think i just need to touch up the blues to make them purplish and possibly repaint the soles of the boots to white and if i feel like repaint the boots to a dark purply blue (i dont think it's necessary though). As far as the lining on the boots i could use the left over stickers from the goku kit to create the boot linings but i was too lazy to do that atm haha.

Here are some pics for anyone interested though.

bojack gohan.jpg

bojack gohan 2.jpg

@angelo thanks! and also awesome find man! looks like piccolo will come with ssj1 gohan head! im pretty excited for that haha i can use it on my spare figurise gohan body or on the krillin body im using right now. I wonder what sort of accessories piccolo will come with! i hope he comes with a special beam cannon haha :pray:

im now eagerly awaiting official product shots of this darn it! lol :panic:

I’m not big on the Figure-rise line but this Piccolo could turn out awesome if it’s done right. The scale would fit in well with the Figuarts since the Figure-rise line is larger to begin with. Even when Tamashii does their eventual Piccolo 2.0 I doubt the scale would be right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not big on the Figure-rise line but this Piccolo could turn out awesome if it’s done right. The scale would fit in well with the Figuarts since the Figure-rise line is larger to begin with. Even when Tamashii does their eventual Piccolo 2.0 I doubt the scale would be right

it'll probably reuse the goku hips and legs, maybe even the sash. At the very least it'll be very similar if they decide to make him taller. If it comes with a decent special beam cannon though, it's gonna be pretty dang good in my book!

it'll probably reuse the goku hips and legs, maybe even the sash. At the very least it'll be very similar if they decide to make him taller. If it comes with a decent special beam cannon though, it's gonna be pretty dang good in my book!

That’s what I’m afraid of. If they reuse any of the torso parts, he’ll be under-scaled. I’m hopeful though since they’re putting more attention to detail overall and think they might just go all out new mold. They did make Yamcha taller than Goku so there’s a chance that Pickles will be adequately tall too

Good DBS episode however things are starting to become predictable, for me at least

Now we’re probably going to see Vegito once again, perhaps in a mastered Ultra Instinct state, which they will use to defeat Jiren. which isn’t a bad thing, the fight will be cool but.. I dunno. At this point I doubt we’ll ever truly see a “canon” Gogeta.

I dont think we will see Vegito again Crisis, otherwise he would have been teased instead of instinct Goku. Vegito sells too well for Toei to keep him hidden, just look at his introduction in the black saga; he was "leaked" weeks before (likely by Toei themselves) and was even shown in the next time preview instead of being a surprise.

It doesnt seem like Goku has actually fully unlocked ultra instinct; the promo pics dont match up with how he looks just now (hair isnt spiked enough, blue shirt is still present etc). I think when he fully regains his strength and stamina he will tap into it fully.

Whats happening now is like what happened with Gohan before he attained ssj2; bursts and glimpses of a stronger power within, only showing through when Goku is in major trouble.

What's happening now is the end of the Matrix lol. Goku bullet-timing it was awesome.

Nah he won't need Vegito. If Vegito appears again it'll be against whoever comes after this tournament is over I think. I don't even see it happening against Jiren because in all of DB's history, no main enemy has ever been defeated by needing Goku to fuse with someone else. And I see no signs of this franchize letting that go any time soon. Goku simply is DB's Superman, even moreso in DBS. He's written to win or there's a deus ex machina that ends the battle (i.e. how his fight with Beerus ends, going back in time for Frieza, Zen-oh with Zamasu etc). And that's still I think why Gohan vs Cell will remain a really unique moment in this franchize.

I really wish Vegeta for once would actually save the day but I wouldn't bet a single cent on it.

Can I haz 1 Ultra Instinct SHF nao plx?

So...speculation on the Dragon Ball Figuarts Zero line?

I think it's done if Vegito and Gogeta don't do well. They might do a Figuarts Zero EX or two, but I don't think it caught on as well as they hoped with the International market. The International market cares more about action figures, and I think the Zero line distracted from that as well as pulled on Tamashii's resources.

Leave the static figurines to the Banpresto division of Bandai. The one thing Zero did do well was the energy effects, but ultimately the Banpresto figurines have tremendous variety and sculpts.

Last edited:
Yeah Bardoon I was thinking that too. I think it’s a wrap for the SHF Zero line. Altho I wish they would’ve released these two

5FC6EA7E-4280-4F0F-96C5-C2A6EF5D7AD6.jpeg
656064CC-8FBF-414A-8FCA-B73CC0A5344D.jpeg

My speculation is that the bootleggers moved on to the zero line, since you can find a copy of every statue pretty much as soon as they are released, and the quality is pretty much the same tbh. Tamashii is likely losing alot of money from folks buying the cheaper bootlegs, ontop of having an already small pool of folk who actually buy them instead of SHFs. Tamashii cant win in the statue market, its been said before that other companies are simply better at making them than tamashii is.

Plus, Bandai owns the other statue/figurine-makers like Banpresto...so they're not losing out on that market as they have a whole other subsidary devoted to it.

They should keep Tamashii focused on the DBZ Figuarts ACTION figures, and leave the figurines to another one of their divisions.

Piccolo 2.0 would more than likely be taller than Goku along with much better sculpted faces. Doubt any sort of long energy effect will be included though. I think the best bet would be a special effect that you can attach to his Special Beam Cannon fingers when he's powering the attack up.

hqdefault.jpg

Toriyama never intended for Vegito to be in Dragon Ball Super but Toyotaro convinced him otherwise. Vegito was in the series mainly due to fan service. (Edited: Meaning Toyotaro brought Vegito into the series because he knew Vegito was very popular with the fans.)

Dragon Ball Figuarts Zeroes is going to continue. Hopefully there's enough feedback from collectors that they weren't happy with the facial sculpting. That's the only reason why I'm not purchasing them.

Banpresto does well with the statue market but it has many issues. They have no problem ending lines and they overcrowd the market with too many Saiyan releases. Their sculpting hasn't been that great lately either and their paint application for certain releases is highly questionable. The last SCultures series that was overall great in sculpting and paint application was Vol. 5.

As much as I'd like Piccolo to be the correct height, in doing so Tamashi would have to redo the entire line since height is wrong almost with everyone. Piccolo, Nappa, #16 and Cell are all kinds of wrong. Is Broly correct? I don't quite know since both versions are at the back of my collection and I don't really look at them.

I would say the og Piccolo is fine in scale. Infact, since Piccolo was the first actual release, I would say if anything everyone since was overscaled. The og Goku body came from Piccolos mold after all. The new Goku 2.0 body is likely a better scale honestly, but because we have the old ones he seems short.

Back