S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psyched for this! Probably gonna get 3 and pose them without having to interchange.

@okayhoang the left is the Irwin space pod which was released in the early 2000s

Thanks. The Ichiban, I scored one couple months ago for $30 but still looking for Irwin as well.

I also have figure rise but I haven't built it yet. Probably the size is in between those two.

Thinking about getting the off brand that lights up but waiting on a price drop.

it's a shame that we dont at least get a neutral face or teeth gritted but this gasping face isnt too bad either, and im glad we got two different smiling expressions especially since DB was more light hearted overall imo, and also really happy we're getting nimbus with it. I hope theyre including a stand with nimbus but that's really up in the air, tamashii doesnt like to give us stands lol Im gonna call it SDCC EX blue gi kid goku with one extra face and it'll probably be teeth gritted like namek goku haha

A stand is included according to specifications in their web (almost 4" height):

And faces seems to be interchangeable (not in a single piece with the hair), so is more difficult to understand why we don't have more replacements or even a fighting/flying nimbus hair.

There were so many possibilities...

A 4 inch figures with 3 face that apparently really are just faces, dropping the dragon ball. You literally don't have a closed mouth expression wtf is that. I don't get this company's choices and it seems I never will. I'd trade the nimbus for more faces easily. Just put him on some yellow fluffy stuff.

The worst thing? The first pictures face was actually shown before. back when they revealed him with the old colors (the closed mouth smirk)

image.jpeg

Its funny, but they already have the alternate piece to make a blue gi variant for sdcc, the original belt shown is for that design xD

Agreed Sirlian. Glad im not the only one that's been scratching my head over Tamashii's decisions lately. Which is why I still think of this scenario that plays out at Tamashii HQ

Executive: Why are we skimping out on resources for these releases? We should give the customers more bang for their buck, and--
Senior Executives:

Where could I find the kaioken goku bootleg? Nothing on eBay...

I would be a good one for customs

Tamashii Nations will more than likely release more faces with the other Kid Goku design. Glad Flying Nimbus is coming with this Kid Goku. I can wait for more faces.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The worst thing? The first pictures face was actually shown before. back when they revealed him with the old colors (the closed mouth smirk)

View attachment 362915

Its funny, but they already have the alternate piece to make a blue gi variant for sdcc, the original belt shown is for that design xD

i was thinking the same thing about the belt as well big D haha also i think they showed the smirk face once or twice with the new body as well, until the later events where they used the laughing faces.

I hope he still comes with the dragonball as well :pray:

@mistaW I'm sure it will come with the dragon ball, it's featured in the official image after all

FullSizeRender.jpg

Here's betting it will be permanently molded onto the hand, though. Look how tiny it is. It might be better that way, because if it wasn't and you accidentally drop it, then it's gone forever :panic:

Dragon Ball is listed as an accessory but I don't believe it's attached to the hand. Will probably want to use double sided tape or some sort of clear putty to keep in his hand.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This figure looks great but I'm not sure if I'll get him. The scale is just gonna look so off and it'll bother me [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad to hear it's still part of the accessories it would be smart for the dragon ball to be attached to the hand, but i dont think tamashii did it lol they always make good decisions with whack ones lol

As far as scale, im okay with it being a bit off for them to be able to get the proper look and details in, i think if it was true to scale he'd be as small as a shodo neo or something since i believe at that age he was smaller than cell saga gohan as well. Im just really happy we're getting an articulated kid goku, he's definitely gonna be a stand out on my shelf with the nimbus, might even be one of my fave shf db figures tbh. I just really love the light heartedness of it, they nailed that pretty well, i hope they dont botch the final product though. As it's a goku figure im sure they giving it more effort however, because y'know, bandai loves their gokus lol

would be kind of cool if someone found a way to attach the dragonball to a string and put it on him as a necklace, i think it's been done in the series a few times in the past.

Also, man that glaring looking to the side face wouldve really made the figure perfect, missed opportunity there! darn!

glad to hear it's still part of the accessories it would be smart for the dragon ball to be attached to the hand, but i dont think tamashii did it lol they always make good decisions with whack ones lol

As far as scale, im okay with it being a bit off for them to be able to get the proper look and details in, i think if it was true to scale he'd be as small as a shodo neo or something since i believe at that age he was smaller than cell saga gohan as well. Im just really happy we're getting an articulated kid goku, he's definitely gonna be a stand out on my shelf with the nimbus, might even be one of my fave shf db figures tbh. I just really love the light heartedness of it, they nailed that pretty well, i hope they dont botch the final product though. As it's a goku figure im sure they giving it more effort however, because y'know, bandai loves their gokus lol

would be kind of cool if someone found a way to attach the dragonball to a string and put it on him as a necklace, i think it's been done in the series a few times in the past.

Also, man that glaring looking to the side face wouldve really made the figure perfect, missed opportunity there! darn!

The problem with that is it would have been produced in plastic similar to the Dragon Ball. So they would have to paint the skin tone on the hand, which would require more work in a short amount of time, and possibly lead to an unpleasant paint application. Hopefully this is an indication that they plan on releasing more Dragon Balls since all they would have to do is change the number of stars in the middle.

The problem with that is it would have been produced in plastic similar to the Dragon Ball. So they would have to paint the skin tone on the hand, which would require more work in a short amount of time, and possibly lead to an unpleasant paint application. Hopefully this is an indication that they plan on releasing more Dragon Balls since all they would have to do is change the number of stars in the middle.

true, given their shoddy paint work with the newer releases, we're probably better off this way instead.

i think a long while back it was mentioned that it was possible they would do kid krillin if goku sells well (which i have no doubt he will). I'm thinking if they do do kid krillin (they just need a new head) it could come with another dragonball, but i can see them making that one a web ex.

occupyyes.gif

Post on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to Tamashii Nations to change Majin Vegeta's hair sculpt! Do it now! :gah:

Edited: Since the release is in March, I'm hoping Tamashii Nations is straying away from the monthly release and deciding to spread them out again. Give the releases time to breathe to allow the time and resources each of them deserve.

Can't wait to see Super Saiyan Rose hair. :yess:

After all of those posts tonight on their Instagram, they didn't post Goku Black? [emoji848]

Back