S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Death is meaningless to the Z Fighters
Even when a character "dies," they are still brought back one way or another, so...

Some people are even theorizing how Goku is just going to wish back all the erased universes once the tournament is finished, so when someone dies everyone should just be like "lol no big deal"

Even when a character "dies," they are still brought back one way or another, so...

They did a good job making it look permanent even if we know death in this show never is. i was surprised when he woke up, but happy he did.

those pics show Napa would look better taller but i'm good with what we got, can't wait for mine to ship Nippon Yasen.

Killing him would've added some much needed drama to the show. Even though he would've been brought back no matter what it would've been a surprising end to the episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What brand is which?

a6d292cafb7129ba514b54649f5e112e.jpg

Bootleg Kaio-ken from China up on eBay.

Some people are even theorizing how Goku is just going to wish back all the erased universes once the tournament is finished, so when someone dies everyone should just be like "lol no big deal"

I think it was really sad, because Goku was trying to revive Roshi. It took several energy blasts to bring him back. Also the possible death of a teacher is also sad.

@okayhoang the left is the Irwin space pod which was released in the early 2000s which comes with a Majin Vegeta for some reason, and the right is called the Ichiban Kuji space pod which comes with a chibi goku

Concerning Roshi, consider this:
you guys know a similar situation happens in DBEvolution, right? when Mai shoots Goku, Chow Yun Roshi had to instantly revive him from near death with a kameyamaya energy blast to the chest. Same method Goku uses to revive him in ep105
Then when Roshi is brought to near death at the end due to fighting, Goku revives him immediately after using the Dragon Balls. BOTH versions of Roshi even describe having a brief albeit different glimpse of the afterlife before being brought back

So did Super rip off Evolution, or was it only paying homage? I'll let you guys decide. I just thought those parallels were funny

Hey, has anyone been having problems with the messaging system on the site recently? Been trying to get hold of someone, and it doesn't look as if my messages are getting through (no copies of the sent messages are being kept), nor am i getting any messages from others. Weird :p

Anyway, I would say theres absolutely nothing wrong with the anatomy of coolers pic @ssj3vegeta, infact it looks more correct than Nappas official figure, who, imo, looks stumpy tbh.

And everyone is alive at the end of DBZ, this means no one will die, and if they do, well, we know what is gonna happen

@Havok you are right, I forgot about the End of Z/Buu Saga epilogue, which is still canon (this was confirmed in an interview a lil while back). That said, nobody here should be concerned about the fate of universe 7 whatsoever. They shoulda just listened to me and began Super with taking place AFTER that epilogue :lecture

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

I am happy that we are getting the Over 9000 face, but man, Tamashii's laziness with the paint apps are so obvious these days

While their paint application process has taken a decline, I don't know why you're using that face as an example when it's a prototype. Sadly, that's the problem when a line becomes increasingly high in demand and the company decides to supply that demand with faster releases and mass production.

The prototype doesn't always look better than the final product, though

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Sometimes they nail the look in the prototype, and other times they decide to take a step or 2 backwards, that's all. These aren't $20 model kits where they can get away with less detail & makes it easier for us to overlook (like the figurerise). We're paying a lot of money for SHFs so they're held to a higher standard

The prototype doesn't always look better than the final product, though

Sometimes they nail the look in the prototype, and other times they decide to take a step or 2 backwards, that's all

The design of the product is different because it goes through stages. (Lately, in regards to design, they show the product's design very similar to the finished product.) When it comes to paint application, never expect it to be similar to the prototype. Most of Bandai's prototypes are given superb paint application due to there only being very few to paint and then become used to market the product. (Bandai Hobby especially. Huge cockteasers.) It's not anything new either. The original Super Saiyan Vegeta went through a similar process and also the original Super Saiyan 3 Goku.

Super Saiyan Vegeta

Spoiler Spoiler:

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

Spoiler Spoiler:

These aren't $20 model kits where they can get away with less detail & makes it easier for us to overlook (like the figurerise). We're paying a lot of money for SHFs so they're held to a higher standard

S.H.Figuarts aren't Figure-rise Standard either. The materials used are better quality and the production process is more complex.

Back