S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't wait for Nappa to get here! IMG_5851.jpg

Is there a 12" Figuarts Goku planned I saw the video on FB but naturally I couldn't understand what these guys were saying :dunno

He's almost here. Not my pic btw, have no clue who the originator of the pic is, got it my Facebook group.

FB_IMG_1502445501301.jpg

He's almost here. Not my pic btw, have no clue who the originator of the pic is, got it my Facebook group.

View attachment 359182
Crap...was about to upload this same pic here. It's posted from one of the guys a5 the Hong Kong sh figuarts Facebook group. Once again, it's released several days earlier in Hong Kong. Which is why I love shopping over there. They don't care about breaking release date schedules and sell it earlier than intended. I've been there. I'd know.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I guess this Napper goes perfect with Arlia Vegeta

IMG_0488.JPG

Until they release the yellow version (which im certain they will as an exclusive), this is how we all MUST pose him :lecture

I want my Nappa now! And Vegeta as well, when in August is Vegeta arriving here in the US anyway? I had to get them from Amazon because I had a gift card to help lower the cost :)

...well crap, I just found out via letter that Amazon changed the release date of Vegeta to September :(

I can't wait to see the Nappa custom repaints, as well as what customizers do with Majin Vegeta's hair

I hate the fact that vegeta's front hair is stuck with his face plate, it becomes too expensive to buy custom hair pieces

It’s definitely an interesting conversation. I do think it’s important to seperate the things that are issues from the things may be more subjective criticisms of new features that some might like and others don’t.

Issues on the 2.0 figures that should be addressed
• Reuse of body parts resulting in slight inaccuracies (using Super Vegeta’s bigger hair on regular Vegeta, and using 2.0 Goku’s body for SS God Goku who should be noticeably skinnier)
• Crotch shading
• Missing out on basic paint apps (i.e. Lines on Vegeta’s armour)
• Inconsistent use of gloss hair vs matte hair for Super Sayans (gloss on SS3 Goku but matte for everyone else. Also a problem with the 1.0 figures)
• Sloppy paint apps (I’ve haven’t see this on my figures, but some have mentioned it about the 2.0s)

Subjective criticisms/personal preference
• General lack of shading/detailing (The 1.0s did have inconsistent shading, i.e. Piccolo vs SDCC Piccolo, so at least they’re being more constant with the lack of shading across these 2.0s)
• Trunks/Vegeta gap that appears in the torso joint (was that to allow movement?)
• Knee caps (why didn’t they use the ball joint knee they showed a demo of and that they’re using on other figures with baggy pants? did they want to keep consistent with the 1.0 figures like Krillin/Trunks/Android 17 who already had knee caps?)
• Joints seamlessness (are the 2.0 joints more or less seamless then the 1.0?)
• Added torso articulation (is it unnecessary? it’s an old feature on many other Figuarts lines but relatively new on many of the 2.0 Dragonball figures)
• New pelvis articulation (new feature of the 2.0 design across all Figuarts lines that won’t be changing regardless of criticism that it’s a useless addition/not an improvement. Both an issue of is it good looking and does it improve articulation.

Those are the ones i can remember being mentioned.

Good posting! The reuse of Super Vegeta's hair on Scouter Vegeta and Majin Vegeta is disturbing!

The only point I would like to comment is regarding the Trunks gap that appears in the torso joint. I think it was fixed on super Vegeta.

So does anyone here actually play with their figuarts, or do you just pose them one way and don't touch them for several weeks/months?

It's funny how playing with your toys is considered childish, but posing your toys is considered mature, yet to non-fans there is no distinction whatsoever, we're all considered as man-children :panic:

So does anyone here actually play with their figuarts, or do you just pose them one way and don't touch them for several weeks/months?

It's funny how playing with your toys is considered childish, but posing your toys is considered mature, yet to non-fans there is no distinction whatsoever, we're all considered as man-children :panic:
Posing them is really useful especially when you need to make sketch art.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Well, NY must have sent Vegeta out on a faster shipping method than what I asked for, less than a week to get here? Anyway, scouter 2.0 isnt bad, from most angles he actually looks more accurate to the show than the og, but the lack of detailing and that neck keep getting to me xD

Sometimes I will when I want to repose my figures, I'll just get distracted with them and start playing with them like when I was a kid. Those older irwin figures got TONS of play time hahah

depends on the type of figure and how i have them pose, sometimes it's a big fight between taking it down and messing around with it and going through the trouble of getting it back into that "perfect" pose i had it in lol The times when i rearrange my whole dbz shelf it's pretty much an all day affair so yeah. Most of the time i mess around with figures that i see are more durable and easier to put back like marvel legends or some of the storm collectibles stuff :lol

As far as actually playing with them like i did when i was a kid, not as much as over time i realized i was wearing out joints etc and my old figures got loose from when i was a kid. I liked articulation alot because i could get them into cooler fight positions when i was playing with them and then i realized that i was wearing them out and slowly turned into "play posing" i guess? Sometimes when i just open them i kind of play with them like a kid but more carefully, for example the SHF ryu, i was doing shoryukens and tatsus with it lol :panic:

All 80 participants! Can you name them all?

FullSizeRender.jpg

A closer look at Piccoro's competition

FullSizeRender.jpg

Back