S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Tamashii is following the "re-do" trend on top of getting fan feedback. Let's also keep in mind that the original Vegeta was also a Web Exclusive and once Tamashii put their best effort forward in doing the Super Warrior Awakening Goku, we were all clamoring for an updated Vegeta.

I think Gohan falls in that pattern as well and Tamashii wanted to do another Gohan to show their improvements, but not exactly the same. The re-issue of the original Gohan is still fairly available so you're blocking your sales on that figure by redoing it.

Also, IN MY OPINION the original SS Gohan is a much better and closer character representation of Teen Gohan than the original SS Vegeta. You can notice how the newer Gohan's sculpt-work and design strays little from the original other than being slightly improved and battle-damaged of course, but a lot of us at first thought they were re-using the hair sculpts. The new Vegeta features many new improvements from its predecessor.

We're also getting that new SSJ3 Goku. So the 2.0 upgrades might not stop just there...

I remember a lot of collectors clamoring for an updated Vegeta release but not necessarily a completely upgraded version of the previous Web Exclusive release since the Premium Color was scheduled.

I agree with the newer Super Saiyan (2) Gohan being a release for Tamashii Nations to represent the upgrades they're capable of producing but I was surprised they decided to label it a Web Exclusive. So they're almost doing the opposite of what they did with Super Saiyan Vegeta and that's more than likely due to the character's popularity.

Agreed.

Given that we've seen examples of the upgrades that Tamashii Nations is capable of, I can see a lot of older releases being given 2.0 upgrades. Piccolo, Final Form Frieza, Krillin, Normal Goku, Vegito, Frieza Saga Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. Whether they're complete upgrades or specific parts, I see potential in future releases.

well the problem with gohan is that the manga colors is the one people dont really like while the SDCC one is the one that's near perfect. Also doesnt help that this 2.0 one isnt a regular release because they think there isnt much interest in gohan based on the sales of the reissues (but people arent buying the reissue because the manga colors arent that good tbh). So having an actual SWA gohan wouldve really fixed that issue but oh well, it'll take it either way, and it's gonna be a good figure either way. Cant wait to see people do custom weathering on him :clap

As far as the hair sculpt, the ssj1 hair is perfect and i thought so about the ssj2 as well, but lately been preferring the sculpt on the model kit, it's closer to how it looked in the anime and manga when he first transformed, felt like they shouldve took the changes to resculpt a better one as well but it's all good. Heck with tien and yamcha getting a release i have hope for Future Gohan one day! Plus, now it's more likely he'll have the new 2.0 system which is even better!

Sadly, Gohan doesn't seem to be a strong seller for Tamashii Nations. So I expect any future Gohan release to be Web Exclusive.

Future Gohan is a possibility. Banpresto scheduled a Resolution of Soldiers release that looks phenomenal. As long as Future Trunks and his backstory are relevant, luckily, Future Gohan will be as well

Angelo, effects or more base form faces for armor Trunks. Maybe that Ascended SSJ head would have been nice because I was so hype for it :monkey2 or a lower price. I paid $40 after shipping so yeah. But I'm excited for Xenoverse Trunks too, gonna be interesting to get the first video game DB figure and first non-Z figure

I give you the next S.H. Figuarts releases...

15327516_1237351382988148_5424397106269986043_n.jpg

Angelo, effects or more base form faces for armor Trunks. Maybe that Ascended SSJ head would have been nice because I was so hype for it :monkey2 or a lower price. I paid $40 after shipping so yeah. But I'm excited for Xenoverse Trunks too, gonna be interesting to get the first video game DB figure and first non-Z figure

Base form faces would have been nice. I was actually expecting Tamashii Nations to release a few base faces with Xenoverse Future Trunks and only a stoic face for the Super Saiyan head. (Hopefully the latter actually happens.) It may have been a pain for them but it would have motivated collectors to purchase both Trunks figures for complete accessories.

What effects would you like to have for Dragon Ball Z releases? I like the blast effects that Ultimate Gohan and Time Patroller will come with but I think Tamashii Nations could experiment more designs.

I'm alright with the non-pony tail Super Saiyan hair not being released. While the prototype was manga accurate, I enjoy the symmetrical appearance more. Maybe we could see it for an eventual Bojack release. Tamashii Nations already has 90% (or maybe even more) of that product complete.

Blast effects and more complex things like Burning Attack or Heat Dome for Trunks, or maybe even a slash effect. But I still think the Xeno Trunks looks great, that design is cool and worth the money.

A Bojack release could still happen, but I feel like we would see a Broly release more because they will just tweak the original Trunks body, and give a non ponytail base and SSJ heads. Alternatively maybe we'll get jacket-less Trunks from the end of the Cell Saga and/or the fight against Broly. Also on damaged Goha, I didn't realize he was an exclusive, wow. I think it's since Ultimate Gohan didn't sell that well, and that was a very lazy re-tool with just the head and effect piece, plus the now outdated Goku body. The SSJ/2 Gohan, people were waiting for a long time on so that may have been a thing along with the port strikes delaying it coming to USA. Sucks though...they still have a lot of Gohans to work with I think but probably nowhere near the amount of Trunkses.

That's Goku, not Gohan. He must have found the worlds strongest hair gel.

If I understand the translations properly, they dress like this to be Bulmas body guards.

15302444_1159691594084944_996642054_o.jpg

Last edited:
I was gonna say that can't be Gohan, he's too irrelevant :lol ( :( ) though he would wear a suit.

But wow Vegeta looks classy as hell in that suit. Goku maybe got some magic hair gel. It probably exists

I have to watch Dragonball Evolution again for a second time so that I can remember all the reasons why I didn't like it!

Hoping someone can help :pray: I'm trying to find one of the KO Tamashii flame effects. I remember they had lots of different colours and I'm after the grey version. I already tried Ebay but no luck.

Implying that Yamcha could handle baseball without dying, or survive as a FiguartS :lol

Back