S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've read the time ring Goku Black has means that he will always exist unless it's removed. One thing I'm wondering, is Goku Black technically abusing Zenkai? Or does he have a more OP version of it where it seems to activate after nearly every battle? Because he recovers from attacks, and gets stronger far quicker then Vegeta, Gohan and Goku did through their Zenkais where they needed Namekian healing and senzu beans.

I also have to wonder just how Goku Black got so used to the power in his body just after swapping, since Ginyu could barely fight against Gohan and Krillin after swapping with Goku, and the only reason Goku struggled in Ginyu's body was due to the self-inflicted wound. Unless it's due to Zamasu's kai status, and the power of the Super Dragon Balls.

I think i remember them stating further back that zamasu was a prodigy kaioshin, which could explain why he improved so much after meeting goku once. I think it also could be due to his kaioshin status that he's somehow able to abuse zenkai boost too, maybe it has to do with his ki or part of another wish that was not stated, but i agree that he's somehow abusing zenkai as the evidence is shown and how he continually says that the saiyan body is a gift to the gods lol

also on a general topic, the origin of zamasu was so heartbreaking, it was so brutal i was really on the edge of my seat and slightly teary eyed from that! Also wish Trunks said something more badass after he transformed like, "I don't care how many sins i have to commit! Im going to drag down to hell with me myself!" XD i thought he was going to say something along those lines, nevertheless this episode alone actually had me thinking that the saga is movie worthy :lol

Notice how Trunks is really Broly-esque?

Aside from the similar hairstyle, the biggest similarity are the lack of pupils. It's almost like a constant Super Saiyan form of rage, like a berserker mode similar to how Broly was a rampaging beast. Is this "Raging/Berserk" Super Saiyan?

When Goku transformed after Krillin's death, he was remarkably calm despite the overwhelming anger over the deaths Frieza caused.

Also Vegeta after Beerus hit Bulma. His pupils did return before fighting though.

hqdefault.jpg

That's what I been saiyan man. it's a zenkai rage boost Trunks did, we've seen that before. He's gonna attack Zamasu brutally then Zamasu is gonna wipe himself off and smack Temper Tantrum Trunks away

I think i remember them stating further back that zamasu was a prodigy kaioshin, which could explain why he improved so much after meeting goku once. I think it also could be due to his kaioshin status that he's somehow able to abuse zenkai boost too, maybe it has to do with his ki or part of another wish that was not stated, but i agree that he's somehow abusing zenkai as the evidence is shown and how he continually says that the saiyan body is a gift to the gods lol

also on a general topic, the origin of zamasu was so heartbreaking, it was so brutal i was really on the edge of my seat and slightly teary eyed from that! Also wish Trunks said something more badass after he transformed like, "I don't care how many sins i have to commit! Im going to drag down to hell with me myself!" XD i thought he was going to say something along those lines, nevertheless this episode alone actually had me thinking that the saga is movie worthy :lol
That could explain how he got so used to Goku's body that he was able to use ki instantly and teleport, none of which Ginyu could do. But yes, he has to be abusing zenkai to the fullest. He bounces back from injuries INSTANTLY - even Perfect Cell needed a near death experience and Piccolo's cells.

I feel like in the international dubs, Trunks will have a more bad ass line.

The way that Black is so strong and able to recover so easily is perplexing but I think I have a theory. Perhaps he is fueled by Goku in some way. He always spats out lines about how he loves the rage Goku produces and how the pain makes him stronger. Now this could be just referring to his knowledge of Zenkai boosts or that they're bodies are actually connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason I believe that is since from what was shown of his encounters before meeting Goku, he never seemed to recover or increase in power that quick. But the other thing to consider is that he was never damaged that much so that could be it...but I think it is Zenaki abuse.

The one thing I dont buy about it being a temporary rage boost is that he seems able to keep it going. Rage boosts before lasted a few mins at most and Gohans lasted seconds usually. Trunks seems almost in control of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The one thing I dont buy about it being a temporary rage boost is that he seems able to keep it going. Rage boosts before lasted a few mins at most and Gohans lasted seconds usually. Trunks seems almost in control of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah same here. In the previews he's able to sustain it and without the aura around him. It's not just a simple rage boost like with what Vegeta and Gohan had. It seems to be similar to the graded stages we saw in the Cell Saga except instead of being between SSJ and SSJ2, it's somewhere between SSJ and SSB. He's almost there but not quite with something like a mid transformation state. It's kinda like he was about to reach SSB but then it stopped resulting in what we see. That or it's false SSB since it's VERY similar to that.

They wouldn't have gone through all of the noticeable changes and appearances to Future Trunks if it isn't meant to be a new transformation. They've been building to Future Trunks becoming stronger throughout the story arc. They wouldn't give him an ordinary rage boost, especially in the the same episode they gave Goku one.

Future Trunks trained with Kaioshin like Gohan did in the Buu saga, but since Goku wasn't there to break the Z-Sword and free the Elder Kai, Trunks' training was different... If I had to guess, I'd say that has something to do with his new transformation. But that's mainly because I can't think of any other reason for it that isn't disappointing.

Last edited:
Have you all been watering your displays? i have

although i did fall behind on several figures. i don't even wanna know how much SDCC Broly costs now

I kind of wish we legitimately had an Evil Goku. Much like in Dragon Ball Multiverse where there was King Vegeta and the evil Saiyan like Goku, Raditz, etc. Also akin to Star Trek's "mirror universe".

What I'm seeing so far is that all these different universes are just minorly different from one another. But at least Dragon Ball Super is picking up some pace with these recent storylines. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here...especially since it is somewhat of a unique revelation that a Kaio would want Goku's body. Essentially demonstrating that Saiyans are among the most powerful beings in the universe and even comparable to the "god" beings themselves.

although i did fall behind on several figures. i don't even wanna know how much SDCC Broly costs now

I'm up to date. Working on getting doubles of the few I don't already have doubles of. Just picked up a second SDCC Broly for $120.

My display is in complete disarray, though... I have a bunch of those cheapo walmart 6 shelf units but I moved them to another room and haven't set the figures up yet. They're all lying down on the shelves right now.
I really want to get some detolfs but the closest Ikea is like 30 minutes away and they never have them in stock plus I wouldn't be able to fit them in my car and the shipping is like 8500 times more than the shelves.

I've been working on them quite a lot lately. I'm all over the place for displays though based on what I have. Saiyan Saga, Goku vs. Frieza, Future Trunks, Cell Saga, Gohan vs. Perfect Cell, Super Saiyan 3, and Resurrection F.

Edited: Recently a Super Saiyan Vegeta display since I got the Figuarts Zero EX.

What releases are you behind on?

SDCC Broccoli, Whiskey, both PCE's, Super Vegeta, and SDCC SS Goku (although that 1 is more of a pipe dream at this point)

am actually working on my display as i type this. It's going to be different than the previous ones i think. However I'm going to need a bigger display case though. Once again my ambition is starting to exceed my budget ._.

I think we have a similar theme going on, various poses based on saga

I also don't buy as many custom Figuarts as I used to. Actually none, really. I still own all the other ones I bought but I'm not gonna feature them in my display(s) I don't think. I appreciate the dedication and craftsmanship people put in but it feels it's getting a lil overboard, at least for me. I see countless Goku Black customs being made and put on ebay starting at $200, and I just think "uhh, what's the point?" Tamashii's version is no doubt on its way so I don't understand why people will shell out hundreds on an all-but-confirmed official release. Characters that will never be released, such as Janemba or Tapion or Cooler, are the customs that interest me and deserve some cash :lecture

Back