S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to be an exclusive according to some sources. it is strange though considering the SWA Goku, Armor Trunks and SUper Vegeta are regular releases not to mention Beerus.

Hmm thats really odd

The promo pics have the web shop exclusive label on them too. Its likely because manga Gohans reissues havent been selling well like others have said.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

the reason gohan reissues arent selling is because of that manga coloring lol kind of dumb how they take it as a gohan figure not selling when the reason is because no one likes the color to begin with. This should have been a regular release :( i wonder if the new head or screaming face can be used on the original or sdcc, i would like to put the new face on my sdcc to simulate his first transformation haha

As far as my OG gohan i just have him with a smiley face and a cape on, pretty excited for PCE cell and this gohan (just disappointed it's not a regular release), kind of wish they made an awakening gohan instead but it's all good. From the pictures the hair sculpts kind of look the same as the OG gohan to me though, but the body sculpting and faces are pretty darn good.

Best regards friends...

Angelo: sorry for the delay friend, in general I'm happy with the figures of this line, although sometimes I have mixed feelings because of their mistakes regarding the accuracy of color and/or the lack of paint application in some of them.

Pre-ordered Gohan, but I'm definitely not pleased with the PCE Cell and when I modified this image it became clear to me that Bandai missed the opportunity on this occasion:

Perfect%20Cells%20PCE%20small_zpswpn2hags.jpg

the reason gohan reissues arent selling is because of that manga coloring lol kind of dumb how they take it as a gohan figure not selling when the reason is because no one likes the color to begin with. This should have been a regular release :(

That's true. I like the cape look, but the overall paint kind of ruins the figure for me. I don't get why the best versions of these figures are always EX...instead of regular releases. :dunno

Its simple; way back in the beginning, the line actually died out in Japan, the only reason it is still around today is thanks to bluefin, the distributor in the USA. The only way tamashii allowed the line to start up again was if releases were sold as web exclusives in Japan, with a one time "regular" release in America so if any figure bombed (like #16) they wouldnt lose out on much money. That has eased recently with the resurgence in popularity of dbz thanks to Super and the films, but tamashii is still uneasy about certain releases based on previous sales figures.

So is this new Gohan 2.0 an normal release like the other 2.0's... Someone tried saying it was an ex. And I swore I read somewhere it was an normal release.

Super Saiyan (2) Gohan was listed as a Regular Release when it first appeared on the Shonen Jump Calendar but has since been changed to a Web Exclusive.

Best regards friends...

Angelo: sorry for the delay friend, in general I'm happy with the figures of this line, although sometimes I have mixed feelings because of their mistakes regarding the accuracy of color and/or the lack of paint application in some of them.

Pre-ordered Gohan, but I'm definitely not pleased with the PCE Cell and when I modified this image it became clear to me that Bandai missed the opportunity on this occasion:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Glad to see you back, Orbital! I understand. Premium Colors really should have been Tamashii Nations Web Exclusive versions of SDCC Exclusives but, sadly, it doesn't seem like that will be the case. Who knows, maybe if enough people start to let Tamashii Nations know that we want more anime accurate paint applications for future releases, they'll take it into consideration. I would really like to see an anime accurate Scouter Vegeta Premium Color. I think the saturated colors will really make that figure pop. I have noticed that some of the paint applications are very hit-or-miss and seem rushed. Hopefully while they put the "pedal to the metal" with the line, they take the time to apply paint application.

Edited: Some interesting comparison photos between the original releases and the newer releases...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Deric Chong/Facebook

Its simple; way back in the beginning, the line actually died out in Japan, the only reason it is still around today is thanks to bluefin, the distributor in the USA. The only way tamashii allowed the line to start up again was if releases were sold as web exclusives in Japan, with a one time "regular" release in America so if any figure bombed (like #16) they wouldnt lose out on much money. That has eased recently with the resurgence in popularity of dbz thanks to Super and the films, but tamashii is still uneasy about certain releases based on previous sales figures.

I didn't know that. Thanks :hi5:

16 bombed? He's such a nice figure.

Yeah, he, Vegetto and Ultimate Gohan all seem have sold very poorly, #16 in particular is still available at retail price, something unheard of in this line.

Yeah, he, Vegetto and Ultimate Gohan all seem have sold very poorly, #16 in particular is still available at retail price, something unheard of in this line.

I've also seen Beerus and the PC figures available. I'm sure they'll sell out eventually, but with so many figures coming out, maybe people aren't in a hurry to by them. Or maybe they're tired of the Saiyans.

I wouldn't be surprised if those low sales were quite crucial in future release decisions at the time. Android 16's sales didn't encourage Tamashii Nations to explore other supporting characters. Vegito and Ultimate Gohan didn't encourage Tamashii Nations to continue the Buu Saga considering they were the two strongest powers. (Although, I do think that the Gotenks/Gohan absorbed Super Buu releases would have increased the Vegito and Ultimate Gohan sales if they were released in pairs similar to how Tamashii Nations is doing currently.)

Edited:
I've also seen Beerus and the PC figures available. I'm sure they'll sell out eventually, but with so many figure coming out, maybe people aren't in a hurry to by them. Or maybe they're tired of the Saiyans.

Beerus would have greatly benefited from Super Saiyan God Goku being released along with it.

The Premium Color releases have changed the after market value of this line drastically. Before, this line was a gold mine for investors. Now, Tamashii Nations is giving the collectors more opportunities to collect previous releases without having to pay ridiculous after market prices.

Also, Tamashii Nations is producing a lot more units than before.

I can see why Ultimate Gohan bombed because he's a pretty lazy Goku retool. The head sculpt, effect and faces are nice but that's all he's got. If they modified the body to better fit his physique, that'd be great. Vegetio was pretty lazy too (especially since some of his hands were just repainted Goku hands..........really Tamashii?) but I liked the heads and effects, plus the crossed arms. Android 16 was just too much and had too few accessories, the only stand out being his damaged head. I wonder if that may be why some other releases aren't selling too well...

On Manga Gohan, yeah. His colors suck. You can get away with SSJ Goku and Piccolo but Gohan's are almost an eyesore.

Best regards friends...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would pay for that Cell without thinking! :clap

The green on the PCE, is something I could tolerate. Can't say the same for that... PINK!!
Since 2.0 seems to be restricted to battle damaged versions, yes, they have missed the opportunity :(

Tamashii also missed a golden opportunity by not releasing Manga Future Trunks as a standard release years ago, some executive def dropped the ball on that 1

I don´t see what is the issue with pce cell. I know is not exactly like the anime but looks better than the original. i think that is good enough to change the original for this one. Not?

ps: of course i would like it more the exactly anime colours!

I don´t see what is the issue with pce cell. I know is not exactly like the anime but looks better than the original. i think that is good enough to change the original for this one. Not?

ps: of course i would like it more the exactly anime colours!
Not sure why people keep claiming that pce cell looks better because he really doesn't. the eyes look slightly better thats it. Being less anime accurate is not a good thing especially because the first one wasn't

I was wondering if anyone could help? After around 3 weeks of waiting, my Master stars piece SSB Vegeta arrived. It's really nice but it has a thin line of silver/white looking paint from around the top of the lip to mid cheek. Is there any way to remove it without damaging the rest of the paint?

The issue is that, instead of taking the color scheme from well known, logical source (like the anime) Tamashii instead went for, iirc, a single promo pic of him in this weird pink and off green color instead that no one has ever seen or wanted him colored as. Honestly, people can say "its fine" but lets be brutally honest here, thats just folks saying it to make themselves feel better because they finally get a shot at owning Cell.

For the record, no, PCE Cell isnt better than the original release, not by a long shot. At least the original is close to the manga colors for him.

Back