S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh god the name "BLACK" Goku is already starting to stick -_-
just like how for the longest time people were still saying BILLS
and ULTRA SUPER SAIYAN

and ULTRA SUPER SAIYAN

Black Goku is the actual name used by Toriyama though, thats why its sticking. Hopefully we get a better name when he is revealed in the show.

Gimme SS2 Goku, and every release can be another Goku for all I care.

ssj2 Goku would be the perfect way for them to make a non-ripped gi Goku in the new style, hell I would even take a new version of ssj3 Goku, the new joints would do wonders to keep him standing up! If they made any kind of goku in that gi, I would easily buy one to replace every old body Goku on my shelf!

ssj2 Goku would be the perfect way for them to make a non-ripped gi Goku in the new style, hell I would even take a new version of ssj3 Goku, the new joints would do wonders to keep him standing up! If they made any kind of goku in that gi, I would easily buy one to replace every old body Goku on my shelf!

If Tamashii were willing to "try something different" with Super Saiyan 3 Goku, they could lengthen the hair and add die-cast to the legs similar to how they're developing the TMNT.

If Tamashii were willing to "try something different" with Super Saiyan 3 Goku, they could lengthen the hair and add die-cast to the legs similar to how they're developing the TMNT.

Yeah, very true. Honestly he would be far more stable already if they would have kept the hair closer to his body, its how far it stick out in an arc that makes him so top heavy.

and ULTRA SUPER SAIYAN

MYSTIC GOHAN :yuck

I still remember some tool either here or on Facebook said Gohan's SS2 is actually called "Rage Super Saiyan 2." ****ing moronic fan fiction.

They could definitely double dip the body, and do both SS2 and SS3 heads. Or hell, add in SS1 and the normal head to recreate this.

OocwNKY.jpg

@Havok

That's awesome! Please tell me the face-plate doesn't require any modifications to achieve this same look...

It's doesn't really require mods just some force. Tried it myself earlier today. I also tried using Goku's faces on Trunks but that definitely won't work without some modification.

Yeah, very true. Honestly he would be far more stable already if they would have kept the hair closer to his body, its how far it stick out in an arc that makes him so top heavy.

I always thought that was great to the hair having a lot of potential mobility but it does cause posing problems and even slight inaccuracies. (I don't remember his hair ever having that arc.) It does seem Tamashii has corrected that with Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta though. The hair is one solid piece against his back with layers on top of that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited:
They could definitely double dip the body, and do both SS2 and SS3 heads. Or hell, add in SS1 and the normal head to recreate this.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can see this being very expensive and yet sell extremely well.

Need some advice here. Just seen new Trunks appear on eBay UK. The store is meant to be based in Hong Kong but listing says item is located in Ireland. Could there be some deception here?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bandai-S...sh=item25bd5979c7:g:6k4AAOSw3ihXS~ZD#shpCntId

Seller has 98.3% positive feedback. Should I take the plunge or wait a bit longer for him to arrive at a store I'm familiar with?

I would suggest to wait for a store you're familiar with so you have the assurance that you get him.

His cockroach antenna hair bugs me, pun intended.

If that were the case, I'm sure all the SJWs would be stroking themselves to the idea of complaining about the White Goku being good while the Black Goku would be bad :lol

Lol hadn't thought of that. But they're already open to that with black goku anyway.

@Nick yeah it sounds like something Toriyama could do. Good find though Raditz, What's the context of that dude? That's from a game I guess?

Need some advice here. Just seen new Trunks appear on eBay UK. The store is meant to be based in Hong Kong but listing says item is located in Ireland. Could there be some deception here?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bandai-S...sh=item25bd5979c7:g:6k4AAOSw3ihXS~ZD#shpCntId

Seller has 98.3% positive feedback. Should I take the plunge or wait a bit longer for him to arrive at a store I'm familiar with?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272246136278?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

PCE Vegeta from Europe looks nice xD

Aside from being the main character, popular seller, etc. etc. Tamashii can re-use parts of the SWA Goku to help curb costs on tooling new pieces. They already have the new crotch, new arms (clean up the wrist guard molds), and can obviously re-use the face molds and other hands.

The Goku mold is outdated in comparison, and Tamashii's newer innovations can be brought in to update the outfit. He could also use a new knee joint to upgrade the huge "gap" knee we've seen on the old mold. Something similar to the updated SS4 mold or similar to Broly would be great, with the mold to fit in with the look of his pants. The most recent SS4 prototype sports something like that.

Also, obviously the SSJ3 hair needs an update too. The plastic should be lighter yet durable and more amenable to movement without weighing Goku's head down and breaking his neck. Make parts of it hollow perhaps? As it was noted before, Tamashii is somewhat trying to systematically take down their counterfeiters by releasing new versions of figures or head sculpts that have been challenging their market. An updated SSJ3 Goku as a regular release makes sense...it will also ensure the figure will be around to be re-released given their hokey Exclusive rules as well.

Decided to pick up SSB vegeta today, and he's actually not to bad at all. The likeness if spot on for vegeta and the satin finish isnt bad either. I actually like the figure more than i thought i would, ofcourse i still had to outline the mouth on the stern and smirk face, but it looks great afterwards. The problems are lack of shading or detailing and lack of a new hair sculpt or more detailed one, but overall not too bad imo, oh yeah and new crossed arms.

Attachments

• SSB vegeta.jpg
    SSB vegeta.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 159
Decided to pick up SSB vegeta today, and he's actually not to bad at all. The likeness if spot on for vegeta and the satin finish isnt bad either. I actually like the figure more than i thought i would, ofcourse i still had to outline the mouth on the stern and smirk face, but it looks great afterwards. The problems are lack of shading or detailing and lack of a new hair sculpt or more detailed one, but overall not too bad imo, oh yeah and new crossed arms.

May I ask how you outlined the mouth? I'm planning on doing it too

Hopefully it'll just stay in the concept art and change in the anime. I can already see Tamashii thinking of a Web Exclusive and eventual Premium Color release.

Aside from being the main character, popular seller, etc. etc. Tamashii can re-use parts of the SWA Goku to help curb costs on tooling new pieces. They already have the new crotch, new arms (clean up the wrist guard molds), and can obviously re-use the face molds and other hands.

The Goku mold is outdated in comparison, and Tamashii's newer innovations can be brought in to update the outfit. He could also use a new knee joint to upgrade the huge "gap" knee we've seen on the old mold. Something similar to the updated SS4 mold or similar to Broly would be great, with the mold to fit in with the look of his pants. The most recent SS4 prototype sports something like that.

Also, obviously the SSJ3 hair needs an update too. The plastic should be lighter yet durable and more amenable to movement without weighing Goku's head down and breaking his neck. Make parts of it hollow perhaps? As it was noted before, Tamashii is somewhat trying to systematically take down their counterfeiters by releasing new versions of figures or head sculpts that have been challenging their market. An updated SSJ3 Goku as a regular release makes sense...it will also ensure the figure will be around to be re-released given their hokey Exclusive rules as well.

:goodpost:

Here's my review of Figuarts Super Saiyan Armored Trunks (totally love this guy, not disappointed!) :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great informative review, Adeno! I enjoyed the read!

May I ask how you outlined the mouth? I'm planning on doing it too

i used a brown gundam real touch marker. These are gundam markers usually used for shading or lining for gundam model kits. When you mark something you can wipe it off immediately or kind of lightly smear it around with a cotton tip to create shading. So i used it to mark the mouth then wiped of the excess with my thumb, you can use a cotton tip too. If the ink is still wet a cotton tip with alcohol on it will wipe it away as well, so i just did that and made sure the excess on the surrounding area was gone too. I did the same for SSB goku's smirky face. Just make sure whatever you add into detail lines is something you really want, because it's hard to get it off deep details. I did that for my SSB vegeta a little while ago, didnt come out the way i liked but i'll live with it (tried outlining and shading details on his boots, legs and gloves). I think Im a bit rusty with my lining skills but oh well :slap

Attachments

• ssb goku smile fix.jpg
    ssb goku smile fix.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 153
Back