S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the 3rd trunks head won't come with super vegeta, maybe it'll come with pce cell instead of the Kamehameha effect....

Angelo I agree, I really hope the future releases are well made instead of half-assed figures, I just hope every figure from now on will use the 2.0 sculpt

I'm predicting the next Regular release might be an incarnation of Goku. Perhaps either SSJ2 or a new sculpt of SSJ3...which is somewhat overdue since Vegeta is getting a the new sculpt 'update'. On top of that, Tamashii needs to do a new Goku body with the updated/modern articulation, with the exception of a Premium Color version of the original SSJ3 Goku, the Goku body mold is outdated and over-used at this point.

If it's SSJ2, we might see Majin Vegeta following soon...if it's SSJ3, possibly Majin Buu (Fat version).

Angelo I agree, I really hope the future releases are well made instead of half-assed figures, I just hope every figure from now on will use the 2.0 sculpt

Super Warrior Awakening Goku was Tamashii's 1st attempt, they were getting their footing. Super Saiyan Trunks is their 2nd attempt, they're becoming comfortable. Super Saiyan Vegeta is their 3rd attempt, they're ready to include it in all future releases. There should be no reason for Buu Saga Vegeta, specifically Majin Vegeta, to not include the same arms and legs from this new Super Saiyan Vegeta.

Tamashii needs to understand that we will wait patiently for high quality products. It was great to have an increase in releases but now it's time for Tamashii to stand back and evaluate the future of this line while incorporating the 2.0 sculpt and articulation.

I'm predicting the next Regular release might be an incarnation of Goku. Perhaps either SSJ2 or a new sculpt of SSJ3...which is somewhat overdue since Vegeta is getting a the new sculpt 'update'. On top of that, Tamashii needs to do a new Goku body with the updated/modern articulation, with the exception of a Premium Color version of the original SSJ3 Goku, the Goku body mold is outdated and over-used at this point.

If it's SSJ2, we might see Majin Vegeta following soon...if it's SSJ3, possibly Majin Buu (Fat version).

I completely agree. It was a great sculpt at the beginning of the series but it's time for it to be put away. Super Warrior Awakening Goku took care of the hip articulation so I'm thinking the "2.0" knee articulation will be very similar to Super Saiyan 4 Goku's.

Super Warrior Awakening Goku was Tamashii's 1st attempt, they were getting their footing. Super Saiyan Trunks is their 2nd attempt, they're becoming comfortable. Super Saiyan Vegeta is their 3rd attempt, they're ready to include it in all future releases. There should be no reason for Buu Saga Vegeta, specifically Majin Vegeta, to not include the same arms and legs from this new Super Saiyan Vegeta.

Tamashii needs to understand that we will wait patiently for high quality products. It was great to have an increase in releases but now it's time for Tamashii to stand back and evaluate the future of this line while incorporating the 2.0 sculpt and articulation.

I completely agree. It was a great sculpt at the beginning of the series but it's time for it to be put away. Super Warrior Awakening Goku took care of the hip articulation so I'm thinking the "2.0" knee articulation will be very similar to Super Saiyan 4 Goku's.

At this point, the SSJ4 Goku mold is in need of an update once again. They need to rectify the hip/pelvis articulation on that piece with the new style.

At this point, the SSJ4 Goku mold is in need of an update once again. They need to rectify the hip/pelvis articulation on that piece with the new style.

I agree, they already have the hip/crotch mold from Super Warrior Awakening Goku that they can recolor and would only need to sculpt a new thigh piece. (Which could very well be used for all future Goku releases.) Also, I wouldn't object to them using the Super Warrior Awakening chest/torso mold either, remove the damaged gi, and add the fur detail. If Tamashii wanted to, Super Saiyan 4 Goku could be one of their greatest releases in the Dragon Ball line.

If they made a new SSGoku I'm not sure I'd be buying it. It'd merely be an upgrade but no different than the regular Goku+Awakening Goku head swap which I am pretty happy with. I'd rather look forward to an Adult Trunks maybe with long hair and the SS spikey head.

I agree. Just like the Figuarts Zero version, this detail screams Vegeta. I wish Tamashii applied the same amount of dedication to all future releases. I would rather have 1 release every quarter with this amount of detail than multiple releases with 1 out of 4 being superb quality. At least for important releases.

The figure seems to have less detail than previous DBZ figures. The entire chest armor doesn't have the lines outlining it like in the old Vegeta. Plus the hair doesn't seem to have shading. It's just bright yellow, which I like.

I welcome any upgrade. Piccolo and Goku especially. I would prefer that the upgraded releases stand out from the previous releases in regards to source material though.

Piccolo receiving a 2.0 sculpt would be great to see. Possibly the moment he sacrificed himself to save Gohan.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Goku receiving a 2.0 sculpt could cause some backlash if they stuck with a clean design but I think he's deserving. The Bandai Model Kit has some interesting ideas. Specifically the torso (similar to Krillin's) and knee articulation.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited:
The figure seems to have less detail than previous DBZ figures. The entire chest armor doesn't have the lines outlining it like in the old Vegeta. Plus the hair doesn't seem to have shading. It's just bright yellow, which I like.

I actually prefer the absence of shading in the lines of the armor. It's understandable in the art to show the depth but the sculpt on the figure allows different light sources to show that depth. It may appear flat with a bright light source and a straight direction but when the light source is spot on it looks really good...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Newman: "Oh this line will go on for years."
What fans think: Yeeees we're gonna get so many characters!
What Tamashii thinks: we're gonna remake all our old ones!

(I don't mind lol, I only collect main characters anyway. Piccolo 2.0 please!! In his anime colors!)

At some point I won't be surprised if they release Goku from the Cell saga with the new upgraded body. The same goes for Gohan as well (SSJ2, torn clothing with new knee joints and body).

latest

Speaking of which, I imagine the rumored PC Cell to shown off soon. Possibly release date this year to coincide with Trunks and Vegeta?

Newman: "Oh this line will go on for years."
What fans think: Yeeees we're gonna get so many characters!
What Tamashii thinks: we're gonna remake all our old ones!

(I don't mind lol, I only collect main characters anyway. Piccolo 2.0 please!! In his anime colors!)

What would be your ideal Piccolo 2.0? I would like anime colors and I think if they incorporate the darker gi paint application from the SDCC and the light skin tone from the Manga, it would be perfect.

I love the new look this Vegeta, but the comparison only shows me that the muscles need to be bigger.

At the moment, they look great to me. They're not too small and they're not too big. Tamashii found a great middle ground. I'm waiting to see it in person because I think the muscles are going to be quite noticeably bigger when next to 1st Release/PC Super Saiyan Vegeta.

We may see photos of it next to other releases this weekend at the Tamashii event.

At some point I won't be surprised if they release Goku from the Cell saga with the new upgraded body. The same goes for Gohan as well (SSJ2, torn clothing with new knee joints and body).

Spoiler Spoiler:

Speaking of which, I imagine the rumored PC Cell to shown off soon. Possibly release date this year to coincide with Trunks and Vegeta?

I wouldn't be surprised either. Although, honestly, I wouldn't mind if they went Figuarts Zero with the Super Saiyan 2 Gohan route. This is the perfect candidate for a Figuarts Zero release...

Spoiler Spoiler:

If not this weekend, I imagine we'll see PC Perfect Cell in June or at least before SDCC. That's what I was thinking, too. They may announce 2 Premium Color releases a year and keep them around December/January release dates.

But if they will gonna do the same with vegeta. Make it first pce and then a new better figure.... I don't know now, if is better not buy any pce, expecting a new figure; a better figure! Catch this? Or can we say that this vegeta is a unique case?

But if they will gonna do the same with vegeta. Make it first pce and then a new better figure.... I don't know now, if is better not buy any pce, expecting a new figure; a better figure! Catch this? Or can we say that this vegeta is a unique case?

I think it's safe to say that this is a unique case but you never know. Super (Saiyan) Vegeta is different enough from the 1st and PC release where each one keeps their Saga portrayal. It could be possible that if Tamashii releases a newer and better figure it will be different enough from the comparable release.

I think it's safe to say that this is a unique case but you never know. Super (Saiyan) Vegeta is different enough from the 1st and PC release where each one keeps their Saga portrayal. It could be possible that if Tamashii releases a newer and better figure it will be different enough from the comparable release.

Since Trunks is returning in Super I have a feeling that we will finally get an adult Jacket Trunks thats not so short.

If you ever wanted to know how a Goku DBZ Figuarts looks next to a Goku DOD Megahouse, now you can know

The DOD clearly looks much better, you should send this lame Mexigoku to me, I'll rid you of it free of charge.

Snake Plissken: Thanks, this time I'm happy with the figure :)

Using the Super Vegeta's head with the SS3's body that we seen before, this is the result:

Majin%20Vegeta%203_zpsfzxwmteu.jpg

Back