S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was about to say the same thing. It's not like he even comes with a lot of stuff and they even skimped out on him by not including a new hair sculpt, crossed arms, and a normal head. It's simply cuz he's Vegeta and they can do that. They know we'll buy him anyways [emoji20]

I always say that too:lol...except for now. I could probably buy it, avoid the cancellation fee, and sell it later, but I decided to cancel my pre-order yesterday. I think the figure is a rip-off for it's price. Mezco's charging $75 for their One 12 figures, and I'm willing to pay the price because they're a great company who respects their fan-base, and the product is amazing. I don't think this Vegeta is worth over $35. To each their own, but I'm voting with my wallet.

I think the only thing that will make me quit collecting Figuarts Dragon Ball is if/when they start cutting all the accessories for each figure, compared to what we used to get. If the future releases dwindle down to like only 2 extra pair of hands & an alternate face/headswap like we're back buying SS Goku & SS Vegeta again, and still try to sell it for $50 & above, then I'm out. Accuracy is great n all, but accessories are just as important too.

I've said a few times that I'm in this line till the end, but if it were to ever come to that, then I gotta draw the line somewhere, unfortunately. It was fun while it lasted :dunno

Gotenks would've been the most logical one to be next. After that perhaps Majin Vegeta would've had to happen. But no, DBS had to go and **** everything up :gah:

I think Gotenks along with regular Super Buu would have been a great "cap" for the Buu Saga for awhile. We would have 6 figures where you can pair them up and get 3 set-ups. Now we have 2 figures, that were never in the same scene as one another. They were on a good run and then they hit a brick wall.

Still holding out hope that Majin Vegeta will be part of the new articulation and a regular release. (Most importantly with an updated hair sculpt.)

i would say this is a fair assessment (to each their own, of course)

I really liked the video and agree with a lot, if not all, of it but I feel they should have gone further in depth on the comparison with GT to Super.

I always say that too:lol...except for now. I could probably buy it, avoid the cancellation fee, and sell it later, but I decided to cancel my pre-order yesterday. I think the figure is a rip-off for it's price. Mezco's charging $75 for their One 12 figures, and I'm willing to pay the price because they're a great company who respects their fan-base, and the product is amazing. I don't think this Vegeta is worth over $35. To each their own, but I'm voting with my wallet.
You can still find them a little under $75, depending on where you're looking. I got my Batman for almost $65
I think the only thing that will make me quit collecting Figuarts Dragon Ball is if/when they start cutting all the accessories for each figure, compared to what we used to get. If the future releases dwindle down to like only 2 extra pair of hands & an alternate face/headswap like we're back buying SS Goku & SS Vegeta again, and still try to sell it for $50 & above, then I'm out. Accuracy is great n all, but accessories are just as important too.

I've said a few times that I'm in this line till the end, but if it were to ever come to that, then I gotta draw the line somewhere, unfortunately. It was fun while it lasted :dunno
Yeah this is how I feel as well, along with some releases getting lack luster. There really has to be a limit for us. I'm thinking after a while, we really might get just costume swaps and no one new. Some swaps we need like Buu Saga Vegeta, and SSJ2 Goku.

You can still find them a little under $75, depending on where you're looking. I got my Batman for almost $65 Yeah this is how I feel as well, along with some releases getting lack luster. There really has to be a limit for us. I'm thinking after a while, we really might get just costume swaps and no one new. Some swaps we need like Buu Saga Vegeta, and SSJ2 Goku.

Wait where? The cheapest I could find for the BvS Batman was $76 on Toyzinthebox!

Also, I agree on those are the two swaps to get. I really hope they give use updated arms and legs for a SSJ2 Goku. Although, why haven't they given us the SSJ3 Goku arms for Goku releases since then? At the very least, I hope they give him side-burns and proportional eyes. If it's like SSGSS Goku, I'm not buying it. I keep that head in the box and just use the regular Goku because it doesn't look good to me.

BBTS got PCE Trunks.
Saw that, and got charged :yess:
Wait where? The cheapest I could find for the BvS Batman was $76 on Toyzinthebox!

Also, I agree on those are the two swaps to get. I really hope they give use updated arms and legs for a SSJ2 Goku. Although, why haven't they given us the SSJ3 Goku arms for Goku releases since then? At the very least, I hope they give him side-burns and proportional eyes. If it's like SSGSS Goku, I'm not buying it. I keep that head in the box and just use the regular Goku because it doesn't look good to me.
There were coupons to use on Toyz, that I think expired :lol I saved on my DKR Batman

Oh! That coupon didn't work on the pre-order for BvS Batman.

I also used it for my DKR Batman. Easily the greatest figure that I own, and I'm so glad they re-issued it.

Heres a funny little review I made of some abomination of (rubbery) plastic that a company called XC is trying to pass off as a copy of SDCC 2011 Goku :lol

Holy cow, that is an awful bootleg. It looks as if it were part of the $12 bootleg pack. I can't believe how the plastic was able to move like that on the face though.

I'm quite surprised that Datong never attempted SDCC 2011 Super Saiyan Goku.

You know, I wouldn't mind a Datong 2011 Bootleg Goku...I really wouldn't!

Oh! That coupon didn't work on the pre-order for BvS Batman.

I also used it for my DKR Batman. Easily the greatest figure that I own, and I'm so glad they re-issued it.
Greater than Awakening Goku?

arnold-stare-o.gif

Bane, what have I said about betraying lines?

I feel in that specific case, it would be understandable. Accessories decreased, Price increased. How would you feel if the amount of accessories dwindled but the price was around $35/40?

Ever since I started this line back in June 2014, the only release I've had a problem with pricing was Android 16. That was mostly due to comparison with Broly's pricing and, when I look back at it, I'm starting to think that was a steal at the time.

I'd have a difficult time of thinking what would get me out of this line. The increase in pricing would stop me from buying multiples for specific releases but the line in general? Not sure what would do it.

Edited: There are certain characters that I have no interest in purchasing such as Jaco.

You know, I wouldn't mind a Datong 2011 Bootleg Goku...I really wouldn't!

I honestly wouldn't mind, either. It appears that Datong's quality has been increasing lately and I'd be very interested to see how they tackle the figure. Would the skin tone be the same? Would they use SWA Goku head and faces on the figure? Just minor stuff like that.

Getting the swa Goku head and the gi colors would be fantastic! I wonder how this would effect the officials prices

Also agree on the likes of jaco, angelo. There are some characters you draw the line at

I think whats sort of off putting to many fans is that the ssjg transformation has effectively been made into simply attaining god ki, which isn't tied much to sayins at all. SSB is a ssj who achieved god level ki, which is incredibly generic. Definitely more boring than a new transformation specifically for sayins, like ssj4. Even I, notoriously loathing GT's designs overall, admit that ssj4 is better than ssb.

The power theyve achieved is very uncharacteristic, it's imply god power nd gods are so elevated in ki that they require less bodily mass. I can see that latter thing, it's both sort of funny and also clearly resonates old ma masters who looked quite thin. The asian notions of gods are often different than our often roman inspired ones, with a heavy emphasis on ohysical musle perfecting and body building. DBS is elevating fighting to more energy and texhnique based forms. This obviously makes it very easy to throw in all kinds of whacky designs, which is clearly what Toriyama likes.

But he doesn't hone in on the aesthetic nor the lore that many fans of DBZ specifically have come to love. So far DBS is as much removed from DBZ as DB is. DBZ was conistently about sayins and their power potential. That's no longer the case, which can rectify the focus of dbs away from chars who are all saiyans. For someone who's fav char is piccolo and started this franchise without the concept of a sayin except the monkey king influence, it's not so surprising he's veering away from it. But obviously, specifically DBZ fans will be disappointed with this, as saiyans are thr prime iconography of DBZ.

I think we need to accept that DBZ is the story of saiyans. It starts with Raditz and the sayin revlation and it ends with the sayin prince acknowledging his last fellow pure blood (except tarble I guess?). DBS, though expanding sone background lore, isn't about sayins anymore... I've just made my peace with that tbh...

I think we need to accept that DBZ is the story of saiyans. It starts with Raditz and the sayin revlation and it ends with the sayin prince acknowledging his last fellow pure blood (except tarble I guess?). DBS, though expanding sone background lore, isn't about sayins anymore... I've just made my peace with that tbh...

I think it's safe to say DBS is mostly about how delicious Earth food is :lol
in almost every episode (including BOTH films) there's at least 1 scene focused on the characters involved indulging in some incredible delicacy. The entire motivation for the Champa arc solely relies on him swapping Earth just for its food

Even in Resurrection F, there's a scene with Whis/Beerus wondering what they're eating with Vegeta yelling "IT'S PIZZA!" And there was the scene with Beerus going crazy after eating Wasabi at the end of BoG. This is going to be the constant theme throughout the entire series.
Okay we get it Toriyama, food is funny. Ha ha.

Here's a snapshot I took of PC Trunks. His coloring and tones are great, sturdy joints, easy to stand. The peg hole to attach the sword strap is a bit tricky to get in (I've read it's a common issue, but once in, it stays), and it had a tiny bit of paint rub on his left boot on the side. Other than those two minor concerns, this is no a no-brainer: get him
Tobi (1 of 1)-4.jpg

Back