S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whis still looks underscaled :(

also i predict he will come with very little accessories. 1 alternate head, a 2nd pair of hands & that's it

I'm sure he will be underscaled but I don't think it'll look too bad. The tip of Beerus' ears should level with Whis' nose and I think the tip of Beerus' ears will level with his forehead instead. He's still quite noticeably taller than the other figures.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah it really did, maybe there were some fixes to be made. With Beerus on the way, SSG would be great for displays and to pair him up with. Along with that trio idea.

The more I look at the picture, I can't think of anything else that needed to be done. I'm thinking they're not releasing him any time in the first two quarters of 2016 because they want to separate the Goku releases. I imagine they're beginning the process of getting the castings completed and ordering the materials for production.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, the "trio" for Battles of Gods would be SSG Goku, Beerus, and Whis. It makes sense that they would want them to be released decently close to one another. Which I'm actually glad they're doing. They released SSGSS Goku and Golden Frieza and they're releasing SSGSS Vegeta only a few months after and that's the "trio" of Resurrection F. Maybe after Whis, they'll take a break until Super develops their characters more.

Whatever their next reveals are will tell us a lot about where the future of the line will be going. I'm hoping it's not the full universe 6 fighters, at least not yet. Too many back to back Super releases no bueno

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

i love how Toriyama pretty much retconned the red-hair already :lol we'll never see that again fo sho

It was like, "you guys thought SS3 was the strongest? Think again, he can turn into a god. But if you think god is the strongest, think again!!"
and im sure as Super progresses we'll see Goku go SSG2 & SSG3. And Vegeta will skip at least 1 more transformation as he always does

Vegeta will become SSG2! He must!

And yeah angelo, that's how I feel. Though I do want to see the new articulation system on SSG Goku if possible, it could pave the way for 2.0.s of the old mold.

Whatever their next reveals are will tell us a lot about where the future of the line will be going. I'm hoping it's not the full universe 6 fighters, at least not yet. Too many back to back Super releases no bueno

I hope Tamashii is patiently waiting to see who, out of the 6, will be left standing for future stories. I can't imagine they would be wasting their time and resources on characters that could be written out shortly after their first appearance. That would be similar to releasing Yakon.

i love how Toriyama pretty much retconned the red-hair already :lol we'll never see that again fo sho

I wouldn't consider it retconned. It served its purpose for an entire movie and saga.

It was only for that one fight and that's it. Could've at least made Vegeta get it too but NO, Goku only. Always ****ing Goku

Vegeta got it through hard work/training. That alone upsets Goku because he was given the power rather than achieved it on his own.

And yeah angelo, that's how I feel. Though I do want to see the new articulation system on SSG Goku if possible, it could pave the way for 2.0.s of the old mold.

I feel Tamashii is saving that articulation for a "sub-line." The only articulation that could be applied would be the hip articulation. Which alone would create a huge improvement in movement for all of the figures. In regards to the knee articulation, I believe Super Saiyan 4 Goku's legs will be the "future" of Goku releases. I was surprised they didn't apply those to Beerus but he must have been too far into production.

Vegeta got it through hard work/training. That alone upsets Goku because he was given the power rather than achieved it on his own.

but i thought SSGod could only be achieved through the power of 5 pure-hearted Saiyans? At least that's what they told us. i dislike how they establish a certain method for 1 character, then another character uses another, or flat out skips said method altogether (another example being standard SS. It was known fact that to achieve SS it must be triggered by extreme rage & sheer will. but nevermind that explanation, we'll just have Goten & Trunks accomplish it with little effort)

That's my pet peeve about Dragon Ball in general. It doesn't fully explain things like this, only like "he just kept punching & kicking the air until it happened"

but i thought SSGod could only be achieved through the power of 5 pure-hearted Saiyans? At least that's what they told us. i dislike how they establish a certain method for 1 character, then another character uses another, or flat out skips said method altogether (another example being standard SS. It was known fact that to achieve SS it must be triggered by extreme rage & sheer will. but nevermind that explanation, we'll just have Goten & Trunks accomplish it with little effort)

The Super Saiyan God transformation is only achieved through the ritual but harnessing the power of a god can be done through training. At least that's the understanding I had from Super. They didn't go into further detail on how Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is achieved.

At first, I thought it was the result of a Saiyan going through the God transformation/ritual, their bodies becoming accustom to that power, and then simply transforming Super Saiyan. Then I remembered Goku turned regular Super Saiyan in Battle of Gods/Super after the Super Saiyan God transformation.

Awesome! Thanks, Orbital!

TURTLES!

Edited: I really like that pose for Beerus. Whis looks like he's going to be the least poseable S.H. Figuarts in the line. Damn it. They could have made his outfit into separate parts.

Well rumor has it that SSJ3 can only be unlocked under special conditions such as in another dimension like how Gotenks and Goku achieved it. That's only speculation however. Honestly he should've achieved it like you said but Tori decided to make it exclusive to Goku and Gotenks for some reason.

The truth is that ssj3 is completely irrelevant either way. It was a cool moment in the buu saga but otherwise it is, like Tori said, "just another power up". The only reason Goku went 3 is because otherwise he couldn't remain the main character (Gohan would've been). This whole franchise is senseless past Cell's era. I love the ssj3 transformation, but it has no real distinctive feature past its look whatsoever. After the repetition of the unique ssj transformation to a unique one beyond (ssj2) it's nothing but rinse and repeat with weird and inconsistent outcomes. Ssj3 is the same as ssj 2: a power up IN ssj form. And with DBS any speculation about it truly has become useless. If there's ANY choice that was good on Toriyama's part it was to ditch a ssj transformation for something else. Except he then stacked ssj atop a different transformation, but whatever, I guess that's still more original than just raising the number behind ssj. Ironically, the buu saga did add an actual new transformation: fusion, and then they make that irrelevant too, because they realised **** if we fuse a char we lose brand recognition.

And then, Vegeta now finally catches up with Goku and guess what WE NEVER EVEN ****ING SEE HIM TRANSFORM.

*repeatedly smashes head against wall*

This franchise:
DB: kid grows up and fights in tournaments, ultimately against the evil half of earth's guardian.
DBZ part 1: 'oh **** Goku is an alien'.
DBZ part 2: ''oh **** Goku can transform into a super saiyan'.
DBZ part 3: 'oh **** Goku's son can even transform beyond a super saiyan'.
DBZ part 4: 'oh **** Goku has to remain the main character'
DBS part 1: 'cat loves food yeah yeah yeah'
DBS part 2: 'pimp my DBZ chars'
DBS part 3: 'derp, nipples'

Cool stuff has happened and been designed, but at the end of the day the only meaningful story past Gohan's victory over Cell has been Vegeta's char arc and they all but retconned that in DBS. So honestly, for me, this franchise ended at the Cell saga and the Buu saga was an epilogue for Vegeta. Ssj3 is beyond being cool entirely irrelevant.

This franchise is utterly stuck in the biggest antagonist of storytelling ever: Brand Recognition.

I just wanted the "god" transformation to be more significant. just the word God alone implies paranormal abilities. but God in DB is just being able to punch & kick stronger, that's it.

Goku was already god-like before SSG was even conceived. Being able to teleport anywhere in the universe, telepathy (he has shown many examples of this), absorbing other people's power, etc.

I feel Tamashii is saving that articulation for a "sub-line." The only articulation that could be applied would be the hip articulation. Which alone would create a huge improvement in movement for all of the figures. In regards to the knee articulation, I believe Super Saiyan 4 Goku's legs will be the "future" of Goku releases. I was surprised they didn't apply those to Beerus but he must have been too far into production.

What is the deal with SS4 Goku's legs? I hear a lot of praise on here, but I don't see the difference between the knee articulation to past Goku releases (barring Awakening), and actually look exactly like Beerus' knees to my untrained eyes.

What is the deal with SS4 Goku's legs? I hear a lot of praise on here, but I don't see the difference between the knee articulation to past Goku releases (barring Awakening), and actually look exactly like Beerus' knees to my untrained eyes.

If you look closely you can see ssj4s knees have actual large balljoints ala the star wars figuarts, meaning there wont be a gap at all when bent.

Old style:

tHIChzkN.jpg

New style:

DQeb4sc.jpg

Perhaps you only saw the past prototype but at the latest Tamashii Nations event, he was improved at the knees.

81c29bab07daa86b4eead28bcd84c34b.jpg

5a89b39e8a197f4a535922799b53b5d5.jpg

Back