S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, blood is 100% right. A little insight: Anime is ALWAYS made rushed, freelance artists are brought in maybe a week before the episode is due to air, and sometimes only ONE artist works on an entire episode. They are rushed by design. Dbz has the same flaws, we just dont notice them because we got used to it long ago. The episodes are then touched up for dvd and blu ray release.

This info is the entire reason I havent once complained about the animation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DBZ was early 90's animation, it's 2016 and apparently things haven't changed much. At least for Dragon Ball standards. Actually it might've been better back then

image.jpeg

Maybe it's just the animation studio, in this case Toei, that tends to rush things but for the majority of modern anime, the animation is fine. Attack on Titan, kill la kill, one punch man, and sword art online are just a few examples of modern anime that have no animation problems and if they do it's nothing compared to how DBS is. Not every anime is rushed, but clearly DBS was.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Here's another question, why are people watching it frame by frame to get the screenshots? It's looking into it a bit too hard. No offense.

I just googled "super episode 25" and it was right there lol
i'm not saying the entire episode(s) are poorly animated, it's just that those specific shots where there IS awkward animation is jarring, for me at least, and proves my point where we have to make excuses for why it is the way it is, over n over (and the fact that they have to go & "correct" those scenes is in of itself admission that they've fudged up)
especially when the movies look so so much better, makes me wonder why they even bothered to rehash, which some people can argue they're even retconning them

earlier i tried rationalizing it as them presenting us to follow Option A(movie) or Option B(show); it doesn't matter which you choose because despite both being slightly different events & plot points, they will ultimately have the same outcome. However way you put it, this entire logic they're using is still unnecessary which is why i said DB is cursed to always contradict itself

Here's another question, why are people watching it frame by frame to get the screenshots? It's looking into it a bit too hard. No offense.

I will say that while the infamous episode 5 was terrible, if it wasn't freeze framed for the most part, it would've been fine. This episode however was obvious even without pausing. It was more noticeable this time.

I have an idea for a debate! Regarding a Majin and his face plates...

b-but there's nothing to debate about SHF Majin cuz it doesn't exist
DBS & animation quality is both a political & philisophical issue :lecture

^exactly!

It's supposed to improve over time not stay the same lmao

Cell Saga 1992
image.jpeg

Beerus Saga 2015
image.jpeg

Artists change, and there isnt any more time to animate now than there was then, there isnt any room for improvement [emoji38]

Artists change, and there isnt any more time to animate now than there was then, there isnt any room for improvement [emoji38]

to be fair, improvements do happen over the years....

17pu5262wio5fjpg.jpg

the 90's one scare the **** out of me though

BIBbHZfCcAEsUWt.png

EDIT:although improvement is relative. it's more the style that changes

Like I was saying before perhaps it's just a Toei issue but I don't see any other modern anime suffering from this.

It looks like they just used the bare storyboard & said "we only got 10 minutes left before the deadline! **** it, just color it in & push it through with the others"

You gotta love how Trunks and Vegeta are the same size, and have pretty different armors despite it being the exact same model made by Bulma :lol

Back