S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My re-issued SSJ Gohan has a loose waist. Is this normal? :( Also it didn't come with the little plastic circles normally attached to joints of new Figuarts Dragonball toys. Is this the same with others? I got mine from Toys in the Box.

My re-issued SSJ Gohan has a loose waist. Is this normal? :( Also it didn't come with the little plastic circles normally attached to joints of new Figuarts Dragonball toys. Is this the same with others? I got mine from Toys in the Box.

Hm, not sure what you mean. Picture.

Edited: I saw your video on Facebook. It seems a little loose. Does it affect his posing ability or articulation?

Hm, not sure what you mean. Picture.

Edited: I saw your video on Facebook. It seems a little loose. Does it affect his posing ability or articulation?

Yeah, he wouldn't snap into place so he wiggles/moves a lot, and just like another person suggested, I listened if there's rattling in his crotch area, and yup, there is :( The person said the mechanism that should hold his waist in place properly must be broken.

Actually not just that, even the Vegetto that arrived today has a problem. It's not a joint problem though. You know those little plastic circles that come with these toys? Well one of the plastic circles is trapped in the body seam of Vegetto... well I can just cut that off, no problem, but it's weird, very very weird. :eek:

Anyone know which is the source of the information about the preference of the Japanese for figures in the colors of manga?

My question is because the 3 POA figures of the Super Battle Collection were very popular and they had the colors of anime.

Yeah, that's what a couple of others were thinking too. Orbital Frame photoshopped it yellow in one of his photos.

Using (again) the SSGSS Goku's head, I did another SS version:

SS2SG2_zpsqiyeobos.jpg

Anyway here's proof of my unlucky life. Two figures, two different problems. Seriously, what kind of odds did I have to beat to get two different problematic figures having different issues? That's like winning the mega jackpot of the lottery the first time, and then winning the second biggest prize on another ticket on the same night (except what I got weren't happy million dollars). Enjoy :(

Loose Waist Gohan:

Plastic in Vegetto:

Yeah, he wouldn't snap into place so he wiggles/moves a lot, and just like another person suggested, I listened if there's rattling in his crotch area, and yup, there is :( The person said the mechanism that should hold his waist in place properly must be broken.

Actually not just that, even the Vegetto that arrived today has a problem. It's not a joint problem though. You know those little plastic circles that come with these toys? Well one of the plastic circles is trapped in the body seam of Vegetto... well I can just cut that off, no problem, but it's weird, very very weird. :eek:

That sucks. I never heard of that before.

The thin plastic strips? I've had that problem before. I think it was Android 18 who I had the trouble with because that plastic did not want to let go of the figure at all.

Edited: Oh wow, nothing like that before. How the hell did that happen.

Anyone know which is the source of the information about the preference of the Japanese for figures in the colors of manga?

My question is because the 3 POA figures of the Super Battle Collection were very popular and they had the colors of anime.

Using (again) the SSGSS Goku's head, I did another SS version:

SS2SG2_zpsqiyeobos.jpg

5514414.jpg

Do you happen to have a recolor with the smirking face?

anyone got pics of Manga Gohan does his skin tone like match Normal Goku and Krillin?(not too pale)

Those that have joint problems - coat it with some future floor polish on the joints and leave it 24-48 hours before attaching the joints again. Should fix the problem and not alter the figure in anyway.

Also, yea how did they get GrinGoku already? Is that the same Alex that was supposed to get 1000 of them? If so this is good news.
Edit: I dunno maybe its the lighting but the GI on that exclusive looks reaaly glossy. Too glossy kinda like that horrible ss3 knockoff.

I hope that Goku is easy to get. I hate to admit it but I'm at a point where I really want it. The orange seems close to the SDCC SS Goku, the blues look nice, the skin is consistent with the original release (MAJOR for me, I'm so happy they didn't change it), and the extra face...the waist peg/socket will be easily exposed but there's so much here for me to like.

I've wanted him since the moment I saw him. The most anime accurate figure to date. Shame it's gonna be so difficult to get, at least according to what we know. The boots look really good and the orange is the perfect shade. I want them to keep that orange for all of the future figures from now on. If they ever do re-releases they should use that orange. I want consistency with my figures and this is the first step.

MexiGoku looks great n all, but the icing on the cake would be if they included his signature Power Pole

FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender2 (4).jpg

Back