S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all of the orange bricks, all of the season sets of dragon ball z kai to the end of the cell saga, all of the movies on dvd, BoG bluray, History of Trunks/Bardock bluray, the new bluray season sets seasons 1,3 and 4. Super dragon ball z for ps2, BT3 for ps2, raging blast 2 and Budokai HD collection

Nice collection! Budokai was a great series. Are you excited about Xenoverse?

Also to tell the difference between bootleg Scouter Vegeta and legit Vegeta, look closely at his armor waste flaps, the outlining edges; if they are tannish brown then it's legit, if they are white then it's a bootleg

The bootlegs are noticeable, especially if you know what to look for. They still look pretty good in the group shots.

I have all of the orange bricks, all of the season sets of dragon ball z kai to the end of the cell saga, all of the movies on dvd, BoG bluray, History of Trunks/Bardock bluray, the new bluray season sets seasons 1,3 and 4. Super dragon ball z for ps2, BT3 for ps2, raging blast 2 and Budokai HD collection

Is there any difference between the orange brick and the new blu-ray season sets?

Are you getting Xenoverse? I'm pretty excited for that.

Edited: FatHotei beat me to the question.

Anybody think there's a chance we'll get anime accurate Perfect Cell? It's strange how his manga is a darker color to the anime's lighter color. It's usually the opposite, it seems.

niice

I think the manga tried to keep his insectoid appearance by going with the darker green, because in the anime if you havent seen his first form, you only have the wings as a hint to his origins.

The main difference between the orange bricks and new blurays is the cropping. Both are in 16:9 format rather than the original 4:3 format in which the series originally broadcast in. They had to crop the original footage in order to make it 16:9, which cuts off portions of the top and bottom of the animation. The orange bricks was just a straight center cropping throughout the whole series, while the new blurays were a bit more selective with their cropping. Other than that, the blurays have some nice special features which are not included in the orange bricks:)

Edited: FatHotei beat me to the question.

It looks like the next gen graphics really works wonders for the gameplay. The special attacks look incredible. Vegeta's big bang attack fills the sky with blinding light, just like the anime.

Werent the orange bricks redubbed slightly? Or am I mixing it up with another release?

One release was changed in a bad way dub-wise I heard. Jeice wasnt Australian etc.

It looks like the next gen graphics really works wonders for the gameplay. The special attacks look incredible. Vegeta's big bang attack fills the sky with blinding light, just like the anime.
Even after all this time I think raging blast 1 had the best anime accurate character builds. The blasta are better in xenoverse but I still prefer rb1 for characters. I just feel it stayed truer to anime style than any before or after it.

I'm oldschool man... started watching DBZ in the 90's when it would air at like 6am before Sailor Moon. So I'll always prefer the classic original Ocean Dub over anything else. When I think of Vegeta, Brian Drummond comes to mind, always & forever. I can't help it guys.

I grew up on the ocean dub too, even after America got the funi dub ocean continued to dub for the Uk, so we heard ocean dubs of the android and buu sagas too that are almost impossible to find now, which makes me sad. While ocean will always have a place in my heart ive learned to love the funi actors too.

Werent the orange bricks redubbed slightly? Or am I mixing it up with another release?

One release was changed in a bad way dub-wise I heard. Jeice wasnt Australian etc.

I think they were remastered using Funimation versions of the episodes...? I could be wrong.
I'd love to get my hand on the Dragon Box.
912ULwZPVXL._SL1500_.jpg

The dragon boxes were produced in Japan, uncut, limited edition releases which were restored from the original footage retaining the 4:3 aspect ratio. The English dub is the 2nd audio track, so whether you're watching in Japanese or English the episodes retain their original Japanese soundtrack, for better or worse.

First time I ever watched Dragon Ball Z, and continued to watch it, was on Cartoon Network during their Toonami hours in '98 or something. I believe that was the Funimation dub? (Toonami was the **** when I was growing up. Batman, Superman, Justice League, Sailor Moon, Samurai Jack and ReBoot!)

yea I think its a possibility

I hope so!

I think the manga tried to keep his insectoid appearance by going with the darker green, because in the anime if you havent seen his first form, you only have the wings as a hint to his origins.

That could be. Speaking of, I always thought it was strange how his wings were part of his final form. He got rid of them during the Imperfect stage and then grew them back for the Perfect stage.

The main difference between the orange bricks and new blurays is the cropping. Both are in 16:9 format rather than the original 4:3 format in which the series originally broadcast in. They had to crop the original footage in order to make it 16:9, which cuts off portions of the top and bottom of the animation. The orange bricks was just a straight center cropping throughout the whole series, while the new blurays were a bit more selective with their cropping. Other than that, the blurays have some nice special features which are not included in the orange bricks:)

Thanks! I may get the blu-ray of Season 6 then and try it out. It's the same voice actors, right?

Back