S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody, your words mean a lot to me :) As with most things in life, there's always room for improvement and I'm already brainstorming ideas so my next display will be even more epic-er, I promise

@FatHotei
I got Trunks' Time Machine from eBay when it was still cheap, box and everything. It came with a ugly looking Trunks figure too. It also lights up & makes noises too! I think nowadays you'll be lucky if you find this for under $100

@blood
I haven't thought of putting a silk sheet on the table, prolly should've done that :/

@Silrian
For Gogeta's aura effects type in "Obitsu Effect" on Amazon, they have em in different colors as well. I was trying to achieve this

2158841-gogetafusionreborndvd.jpg

The lighting effects are actually from you, when you suggested the ones you bought from Ikea I believe. But yeah man, that's how I originally planned it; to have it all behind a glass display case but the one I had in mind was gonna cost me 400 dollars. I could afford it but I had other stuff to take care of first so prolly next time

Who's stronger, Kid Buu or Super Buu (nobody absorbed)? I got the impression that Kid Buu was stronger in the anime.

Well, as we all know by now, it takes more than brute strength to be considered the "strongest," so to speak

@Silrian
For Gogeta's aura effects type in "Obitsu Effect" on Amazon, they have em in different colors as well. I was trying to achieve this

View attachment 162679

The lighting effects are actually from you, when you suggested the ones you bought from Ikea I believe. But yeah man, that's how I originally planned it; to have it all behind a glass display case but the one I had in mind was gonna cost me 400 dollars. I could afford it but I had other stuff to take care of first so prolly next time

First off, Blood is clearly trying to sabotage you by quite literally hoping to pull the rug underneath you – or well your collection. What I of course mean is if your display is out in the open like that, realise that putting cloth underneath it makes a onesie, if anything pulls on that cloth the whole shebang goes, so it's a good suggestion but I'd first close it off before doing that, cloth is treacherous. As is Blood, remember, he has a framed Nappa, do not trust people who have framed nappas – just admire them... And kill them when they've outlived their usefulness so they can die their hero's death, and you can finally live in piece.:lecture:lol

Secondly, WUUUT those effects are still available? Gotta check that **** out. Also, I have lights that can't bend, so you sir... have just out-ikead me.

Good question, kid buu i believe was the weakest i believe bc that was his original form...but he had no restraints on when he attacked, and super buu was technically skinny buu absorbing fat buu...and fat buu was all the supreme kais absorbed soo i believe super buu was stronger

I thought Mr. (Fat) Buu was the weakest. Didn't Goku say that he was confident he would have been able to take him out in Super Saiyan 3 form but didn't want to because he felt Goten and Trunks needed to save the world. Supreme Kai also told the back story of how the other Kais weakened Kid Buu into Mr. (Fat) Buu.

Well, as we all know by now, it takes more than brute strength to be considered the "strongest," so to speak

Well, I meant more powerful. Super Buu had a much better offense and defense than Kid Buu. Kid Buu didn't seem to give a **** when he got attacked and barely showed any defense.

I think the easy answer is Kid Buu, because in all of DBZ, every character's final form is always the strongest so I just go by that :clap

But to get technical perhaps out of all the people Buu absorbed, even after reverting back to his original state he still maintained some if not most of their ki, similar to how despite Goku being wished back into a kid in GT, he still maintained all of his ki he built up over the years

Honestly, Kid Buu was very likely the strongest. SSJ3 Goku could not hold up too long against him (due to SSJ3 taking so much out of him, and Kid Buu's own power), and SSJ2 Vegeta had many problems fighting him, I don't think he landed many, if any, hits; and everyone grew concerned over Vegeta's clear disadvantage. Also, SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ3 Goku in their battles against Fat Buu were able to take him on fairly well, and Angelo is correct. SSJ3 Goku did theorize that he could have destroyed Fat Buu, and in the battle, he had a clear advantage; also, he was probably at his best with SSJ3 since he stated he was used to fighting in SSJ3 while dead, instead of alive. Even Babidi grew worried in that fight. Kid Buu however showed no real issues fighting either of them. Buutenks couldn't really do much against SSJ3 Goku, but Buuhan I don't know actually, I just know SSJ2 Vegeta couldn't fight him or SSJ2 Goku.

And above all else, he had endless endurance (he never even had to regenerate himself unless he blew up a planet, unlike Fat and Super Buu) so while Goku may have had the advantage or an even ground, that went out so quickly. Kid Buu also almost killed Fat Buu too, and outright defeated him. I don't know about Kid Buu lacking defense, but he did lack Super Buu's (absorbed, anyway) techniques. He did have raw power however, and the ability blow himself up - and it would not actually suceed, unlike Chiaotzu :lol

I think the easy answer is Kid Buu, because in all of DBZ, every character's final form is always the strongest so I just go by that :clap

But to get technical perhaps out of all the people Buu absorbed, even after reverting back to his original state he still maintained some if not most of their ki, similar to how despite Goku being wished back into a kid in GT, he still maintained all of his ki he built up over the years
Did he? I remember reading that he had a lot of issues with ki and his general strength in GT, such as not being able to maintain any of the Super Saiyan levels (notably SSJ3) and couldn't use instant transmission and so on. Doesn't make sense with SSJ, since Goten, Trunks and Gohan maintained it easily as children. Then again...this is GT. We shouldn't really use it for reference

lol I dunno, don't remember the details but all I remember was watching him transform into Super Saiyan & fighting villains despite being in a smaller body, so he couldn't have lost that much power

I've also read here n there how it's ridiculous Goten/Trunks were able to transform so young, but did anyone forget kid Goku performing the Kamehameha just seconds after watching Roshi do it (among other amazing feats of strength), when it took Roshi 50 years to learn the technique.

First off, Blood is clearly trying to sabotage you by quite literally hoping to pull the rug underneath you – or well your collection. What I of course mean is if your display is out in the open like that, realise that putting cloth underneath it makes a onesie, if anything pulls on that cloth the whole shebang goes, so it's a good suggestion but I'd first close it off before doing that, cloth is treacherous. As is Blood, remember, he has a framed Nappa, do not trust people who have framed nappas – just admire them... And kill them when they've outlived their usefulness so they can die their hero's death, and you can finally live in piece.:lecture:lol

Secondly, WUUUT those effects are still available? Gotta check that **** out. Also, I have lights that can't bend, so you sir... have just out-ikead me.

yeah man, i don't even trust myself!

ef33f8fc-fdc9-46ec-8f18-18d7302281c0.png

DSC_2552.jpg

i hope you don't mind the upskirt! :monkey1

eef.png

412KZQz27vL._SX425_.jpg
Amazon.com: 1/6 scale Obitsu 11cm infant body 11BD-D01N Natural skin: Toys & Games

I am thinking of picking this up and doing a kid Goku costume figure. I'd sculpt over the body; probably his turtle school gi. Good idea? There's also a head on amazon that could work with a bit of modding. A person on eBay sells custom stickers for the kanji symbols: Dragonball Z SH Figuarts Size Logo Stickers for Figures Custom Made Branjita V 4 | eBay

But as an alternative I was thinking of picking up another tamashii figure that may be comparable in size to kid Goku (from another line possibly) and mod that figure instead. The figure on amazon is 4.3 in (11 cm) tall, which isn't quite the right size.
According to this chart, Goku should be around 3 ft tall. So the figure should be around 3 inches! Which is crazy small, maybe too small for articulation.
dbr_son_goku_v2_by_the_devils_corpse-d4zishf.jpg

It's because he's an alien monkey! Just...Saiyan :dunno but Goku's first kamehaha didn't work that well though. Who knows? Maybe Roshi didn't even see anyone do it, or made it up himself. Ehh, it's a minor thing though I guess. Goten/Trunks transforming at a young age is still meh though, I really think they should have gotten it from fusion only, like with SSJ3.

Also, blood, I trust you! We made a pact with Tamashii buddies Vegeta and Nappa, and we're still doing it! :lecture

But as an alternative I was thinking of picking up another tamashii figure that may be comparable in size to kid Goku (from another line possibly) and mod that figure instead. The figure on amazon is 4.3 in (11 cm) tall, which isn't quite the right size.
According to this chart, Goku should be around 3 ft tall. So the figure should be around 3 inches! Which is crazy small, maybe too small for articulation.
View attachment 162721

Yeah that is pretty small. At that point you're probably better off just buying the Hybrid Action Goku & modding that instead

BAN50885_a_1.jpg

Or maybe even modding Figuarts Nobita (which i personally believe Tamashii will use the same body type & engineering for Kid Buu/Goten/Trunks when they eventually release them)

sh-figuarts-doraemon-nobita-nobi.jpg

That's very true but those were final forms while Kid Buu was actually the first form. I agree with your statement because that seemed to be the trend with villains.

Honestly, Kid Buu was very likely the strongest. SSJ3 Goku could not hold up too long against him (due to SSJ3 taking so much out of him, and Kid Buu's own power), and SSJ2 Vegeta had many problems fighting him, I don't think he landed many, if any, hits; and everyone grew concerned over Vegeta's clear disadvantage. Also, SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ3 Goku in their battles against Fat Buu were able to take him on fairly well, and Angelo is correct. SSJ3 Goku did theorize that he could have destroyed Fat Buu, and in the battle, he had a clear advantage; also, he was probably at his best with SSJ3 since he stated he was used to fighting in SSJ3 while dead, instead of alive. Even Babidi grew worried in that fight. Kid Buu however showed no real issues fighting either of them. Buutenks couldn't really do much against SSJ3 Goku, but Buuhan I don't know actually, I just know SSJ2 Vegeta couldn't fight him or SSJ2 Goku.

And above all else, he had endless endurance (he never even had to regenerate himself unless he blew up a planet, unlike Fat and Super Buu) so while Goku may have had the advantage or an even ground, that went out so quickly. Kid Buu also almost killed Fat Buu too, and outright defeated him. I don't know about Kid Buu lacking defense, but he did lack Super Buu's (absorbed, anyway) techniques. He did have raw power however, and the ability blow himself up - and it would not actually suceed, unlike Chiaotzu :lol

What's the power level difference between Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Ultimate Gohan? Goku wasn't confident enough to beat Gotenks absorbed Super Buu by himself though even at Super Saiyan 3. I felt he was just trying to stall Gotenks absorbed Buu until Gohan put on the earring.

I noticed that Kid Buu rarely had any defense compared to the other Buus. The reason for that, in my opinion, is that he knew nothing could actually harm him so why put up a strong defense.

Did he? I remember reading that he had a lot of issues with ki and his general strength in GT, such as not being able to maintain any of the Super Saiyan levels (notably SSJ3) and couldn't use instant transmission and so on. Doesn't make sense with SSJ, since Goten, Trunks and Gohan maintained it easily as children. Then again...this is GT. We shouldn't really use it for reference

lol I dunno, don't remember the details but all I remember was watching him transform into Super Saiyan & fighting villains despite being in a smaller body, so he couldn't have lost that much power

I've also read here n there how it's ridiculous Goten/Trunks were able to transform so young, but did anyone forget kid Goku performing the Kamehameha just seconds after watching Roshi do it (among other amazing feats of strength), when it took Roshi 50 years to learn the technique.

Kid Goku had a lot of trouble keeping in Super Saiyan 3 transformation. Especially in his fight against Super Baby Vegeta. Which I honestly don't mind considering that Adult Goku couldn't sustain the transformation for long, either.

Adaptability is a Saiyan trait though, isn't it? Goten and Trunks turning Super Saiyan still confuses me. Even Vegeta was wondering how the legendary transformation was reduced to a child's plaything. Another thing that was ridiculous was when Trunks was training at 150x gravity. Namek Goku trained at 100x.

There's nothing that really shows SSJ3 Goku's power against Gohan's, it seems like Goku is stronger according to sources, while nothing really states that Ultimate Gohan is stronger. Honestly, I think SSJ3 Goku might be a tad stronger...but he gets worn out so easily, so Ultimate Gohan would be more likely to win unless Goku can finish the fight fast enough, since Gohan has nothing to really worry about. And yeah Goku had problems with SSJ3 regardless of his form, but SSJ as a child? That makes no sense unless the sources are wrong or I'm remembering wrong. I didn't like how SSJ wasn't used that often either.

Kid Goku is 12 at the start, 16 by King Piccolo Saga and...I'm not sure how old in the last season.

Edited: Hey crisis, can we get more pictures of Majin Vegeta? He looks amazingly well done.

There's nothing that really shows SSJ3 Goku's power against Gohan's, it seems like Goku is stronger according to sources, while nothing really states that Ultimate Gohan is stronger. Honestly, I think SSJ3 Goku might be a tad stronger...but he gets worn out so easily, so Ultimate Gohan would be more likely to win unless Goku can finish the fight fast enough, since Gohan has nothing to really worry about. And yeah Goku had problems with SSJ3 regardless of his form, but SSJ as a child? That makes no sense unless the sources are wrong or I'm remembering wrong. I didn't like how SSJ wasn't used that often either.

Kid Goku is 12 at the start, 16 by King Piccolo Saga and...I'm not sure how old in the last season.

I agree, Ultimate Gohan wouldn't really have anything to worry about. The only comparison I can think of is their individual fights against Gotenks absorbed Super Buu. Neither Ultimate Gohan or Super Saiyan 3 Goku really did any considerable damage to him or held up an impressive offense to compare.

I was actually ticked off about Ultimate Gohan. It seemed Toriyama just increased his power so Super Buu could absorb him thus giving Vegeta and Goku no alternative than to fuse. Other than that, I didn't believe Ultimate Gohan had any true significance. Maybe it was Toriyama's way of expressing how Gohan is weakened by the safety of others? I have no idea.

Kid Goku's 12 at the beginning of Dragon Ball? Why is he so short? Or was Gohan just an extremely big kid for his age?

I'd like to see all of Gil's customs in one pic, I don't think I've ever seen them all together. also, incredible display crisis.

Kid Goku's 12 at the beginning of Dragon Ball? Why is he so short? Or was Gohan just an extremely big kid for his age?

I always wondered that as well. I think it's to make him extra cute. The Japanese love cute little stuff.

Gohan is super small too in the Saiyan saga, where he's apparently 4 years old (just looked it up). He looks to be the same size as Goku when he was 12. But that means Piccolo was training a 4-year-old how to fight.

1267804712142_f.jpg

where is my S.H Figuarts Kid Buu ? Cmon tamashii:impatient:

hqdefault.jpg

I'm waiting .......1683876-janemba_2.jpg

Attachments

• 66133-1.jpg
    66133-1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,257
Back