S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, adjusting him to the stand is gonna take a lil getting used to. You gotta mess around with it for a while to find a good balance. But like I said it's hard to keep him in 1 pose for long cuz you're gonna wanna keep it in your hands cuz of how awesome the figure is lol

I really want to get flight poses out of him. I'm going to need a different stand solution for that.

He's so delightfully hefty. He makes me wish the whole line was at maybe 1/10th scale instead.

Does Broly come with a stand?? He's the first Figuarts that I'll be getting. Have a lot to catch up on!

Flight poses are definitely possible, it just takes a lil creativity & patience :wave

7-7.jpg1547ab3e4f3683.jpg1547ab3f2749e2.jpg1547ab3fb846fb.jpg

I might just use one of my medicom RAH stands to be safe, those things support PAKs fairly well and even the RAHs themselves.

Maybe stronger joints of articulation. Me, I honestly want to rebuild my SDCC Gohan.

How so?

I now officially entirely regret selling my second saiyan vegeta. Applause man. Sheer applause.:clap

You just upstaged the **** out of those Zeroes.:lol

Do you ever maybe plan on making an effect that somewhat comes close to Cell vs ssj2 Gohan...? Or is that just undoable?

Also Frankie, I'd be much more interested in yellow aura effects, or electricity type effects (yellow as well as blue for ssj2). Have you considered making those?

I've been wondering the same thing...

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.

This is $50.

It's probably the biggest physical piece I've made so far.

The Cell vs Gohan Kamehameha is totally doable, it's just costly due to the size, even with the scale shrunk down. I mean, look at the scale of it in the show.

hqdefault.jpg

It's a dome, a huge dome. To realistically produce one to display you would be looking at something between about 10-12 inches in diameter, and about 5-6 inches tall. It would be cool. If I were to make one, I'd probably include a section of land around it to display the devestation.

...and I got the answer! :yess:

It's beautiful, Frankie.

How would you go about producing the Cell vs. Gohan Kamehameha? I'd love to see how it would turn out. Whether it's sketching out ideas or anything.

I asked canofbeems to do the cell vs gohan final kamehameha but I was too late and he was done so never got a response. I'd he SO in for that effect piece done right and somewhat to scale.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.

This is $50.

It's probably the biggest physical piece I've made so far.

The Cell vs Gohan Kamehameha is totally doable, it's just costly due to the size, even with the scale shrunk down. I mean, look at the scale of it in the show.

hqdefault.jpg

It's a dome, a huge dome. To realistically produce one to display you would be looking at something between about 10-12 inches in diameter, and about 5-6 inches tall. It would be cool. If I were to make one, I'd probably include a section of land around it to display the devestation.

On the Auras with lightning, I'll show you guys something soon that you might like. I think I showed off an earlier version of it, but only took maybe 1-2 pictures and didn't really do any proper coloring or added lightning.

Oh, and I grabbed Broly.

He's huge. Ridiculously huge. Maximum huge.

fPfIMcx.jpg

Difficult to make stand, however.

They included some bigger gripping arms for him with the stand, but the stand itself is too small, as are the bigger gripping arms by just a bit.

I might fix this.

Is it possible to make an effect piece for the Broly Second Coming final fight? 3 kamehameha beams and one Broly blast?

For those that have ordered him in this forum, I'm one of the last people who will be getting Broly...

5b4.gif

I asked canofbeems to do the cell vs gohan final kamehameha but I was too late and he was done so never got a response. I'd he SO in for that effect piece done right and somewhat to scale.

I miss a lot of emails sometimes cause I get too caught up in stuff, it's terrible. I'm sorry.

What scale do you mean by somewhat to scale?

Show scale would have this be dinner table sized.

How so?

I've been wondering the same thing...

...and I got the answer! :yess:

It's beautiful, Frankie.

How would you go about producing the Cell vs. Gohan Kamehameha? I'd love to see how it would turn out. Whether it's sketching out ideas or anything.

It could be done in two ways, with base or without.

With base it would be produced in two to three pieces, first piece is the base, second is the dome blast.

Second piece would be the dome, which might actually be done in two pieces, but preferably in one, which would just be a symmetrical blast design eminating from a slightly raised bump on each side that would be the emission point. Both would meet at the middle where there would be some sort of clash design. That middle section is actually the hardest part.

Is it possible to make an effect piece for the Broly Second Coming final fight? 3 kamehameha beams and one Broly blast?

Yes, but not at the scale from the movie, Broly's blast would be like 3-4 feet tall at least.

The complications with that would be as follows.

foremost, orientation. If you want to maintain the angle like in the source, you'd have to have a special stand solution to hold the whole thing up, a tall strong one, on Broly's blast, and a second short one near the kamehameha emission point.

Second, without a goten figure, and with shorter figures getting a stranger scale compared to others, it would be a total shot in the dark as to positioning for his portion of the blast, and should a figuarts goten ever be produced, we might be wrong.

I miss a lot of emails sometimes cause I get too caught up in stuff, it's terrible. I'm sorry.

What scale do you mean by somewhat to scale?

Show scale would have this be dinner table sized.

With base it would be produced in two to three pieces, first piece is the base, second is the dome blast.

Second piece would be the dome, which might actually be done in two pieces, but preferably in one, which would just be a symmetrical blast design eminating from a slightly raised bump on each side that would be the emission point. Both would meet at the middle where there would be some sort of clash design. That middle section is actually the hardest part.

Oh, you're canofbeams :)

Didn't realize. I have a hard time keeping up with this thread and can't read all the posts. No worries on getting busy. It happens. I had thought you were out of the game though. Glad you aren't!

Here is an except from the email I sent you...

"Would love to know how feasible and expensive a huge piece like that would be... 3/4 circle, flat on the bottom with the little ends on either side that go in Cell and Gohan's hands... I'm talking obnoxiously large and in scale... like 12" tall or more. :) Is that completely nuts?"

I'm curious about it as it would look awesome on display. It's my favorite moment in all of DBZ. Yes, to proper scale would be the size of a queen bed probably. But something very large that is double the figuart's height would be displayable and impressive I think, but of course I have no idea as to it's feasibility in production and cost. But it sounds like there would be some other interest, so perhaps it's worth discussing further.

Assuming the dome structure is about 12 inches high, the diameter without base ring of ground getting chewed up would be about 24 inches, with ground ring would be between 26-28 inches in diameter, with some sway to accomodate the figures with probably a standing area.

Okay, so, cost of that...

Material cost would be about $375 on a rough estimate. I might be missing some things.

I'm not quite sure how much time that would take to produce, so I can't factor that in right now. The base ring alone would take a long time to sculpt and produce.

Yeah, I could imagine the middle being the hardest part to design.

Now, is there a possibility of developing an asymmetrical design? Considerably one sided? Similar to this...
mqdefault.jpg

If so, how would that work?

Yeah, I could imagine the middle being the hardest part to design.

Now, is there a possibility of developing an asymmetrical design? Considerably one sided? Similar to this...
View attachment 151211

If so, how would that work?

The same, it just requires assymetrical sculpting to show greater more powerful movement coming from one side vs the other.

You can see this would work with your sample, how there is a clear deliniation between the two sections, with most of the design showing a flow of energy going away from one side, towards another that would show an opposing, but smaller, flow.

The same, it just requires assymetrical sculpting to show greater more powerful movement coming from one side vs the other.

You can see this would work with your sample, how there is a clear deliniation between the two sections, with most of the design showing a flow of energy going away from one side, towards another that would show an opposing, but smaller, flow.

I think that would be a really interesting piece and one I'm going to think about for awhile. You do such a great job with the energy flow that it would suit that exact sample perfectly.

Also, I'm very interested in a design like this, as well...

DragonBallZ_Gogeta_s_x100_BigBang_Kamehameha_Wallpaper_3to0n-1-.jpg
Le-x100-Big-Bang-Kamehameha.jpg

How would something like that work? Would it work better as one finished piece or multiple pieces?

The video game version seems to have an actual natural energy effect look to it rather than the anime version.

Back