S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broly has potential to go high too. Though many people are buying multiples... but they have been for the last several releases as well.

Yeah I can see that but you never know, maybe SDCC Piccolo and Cell will be going for $300-350 in a year or so. I remember back before I started collecting figuarts that SS Vegeta was $160-180 new...I thought that was too much at the time and now the new listings start at $300. But if you are a guy who is carrying triples of these figures lol you don't need to worry at all :).

Yeah I can see that but you never know, maybe SDCC Piccolo and Cell will be going for $300-350 in a year or so. I remember back before I started collecting figuarts that SS Vegeta was $160-180 new...I thought that was too much at the time and now the new listings start at $300. But if you are a guy who is carrying triples of these figures lol you don't need to worry at all :).

Lol yeah that's why I have triplets of many. Sadly just have one of sdcc goku and gohan. Have 3 sdcc vegeta though. Only one trunks and I'm one of the fools who sold his ss vegeta for $150. But you can find him for $220ish on facebook. Considering trading my d-arts charizard for one if I can.

Anyway... Who knows what will happen with cell and piccolo. Piccolo was retail for well over a year and has only just started to creep up. He only even sold out at bluefin I think because ppl went and bought multiples, like I did. Cell is weird because he took almost two years to sell out then shot up dramatically in price.

At some point the whole reason for extras is to cash in and with Xmas around the corner, I just didn't want to throw down the $140 on two Brolys and $65 on guyver, but I absolutely need to have them :)

Figuarts mario and luigi are a bonus and will go with my slowly growing nintendo shelf. So far it's Link, Samus, Charizard. May need to add a figma Pitt in there too.

did u paint the line on the boot tips or sculpt them?

I painted them on. It's tempting though once Vegito comes out to see if I can find someone selling spare parts and just pick up a few sets of boots.

And on the topic of Broly I bought one but I'm definitely getting another. I don't see his prices going down. He's a popular enough character I see his price going up within a year of his release

I painted them on. It's tempting though once Vegito comes out to see if I can find someone selling spare parts and just pick up a few sets of boots.

And on the topic of Broly I bought one but I'm definitely getting another. I don't see his prices going down. He's a popular enough character I see his price going up within a year of his release
That's well done bro, that's wishfull thinking but would be cool hahha. Try carving in the lines, seems easier than sculpting.

Yea hell be in the $200 for sure

And here's what I mentioned from last night.

Galick Gun vs Kamehameha Beam Clash.

Full album: Custom Beam Clash Effect by CanofBeams.com - Imgur

OEVA7EV.jpg

X6y98XK.jpg

M20gLY0.jpg

Beam clashes are interestingg, as they usually come in two types, often within the same media. There's a soft type and a hard type. Soft type collision has the beams sort of molding and mashing in to each other. Hard types have the beams maintaining their original body and sort of pushing and grinding against each other. The one I made this time was like the hard type, and it's all one piece.

OEVA7EV.jpg

X6y98XK.jpg

M20gLY0.jpg

Beam clashes are interestingg, as they usually come in two types, often within the same media. There's a soft type and a hard type. Soft type collision has the beams sort of molding and mashing in to each other. Hard types have the beams maintaining their original body and sort of pushing and grinding against each other. The one I made this time was like the hard type, and it's all one piece.

That's amazing work my friend! Especially the light passing through it. Gives it something extra.

Quick question, is there any differences with the re-released figures (Gohan being an example). I'm assuming there is a item # difference of something to tell them apart?

Quick question, is there any differences with the re-released figures (Gohan being an example). I'm assuming there is a item # difference of something to tell them apart?

Maybe stronger joints of articulation. Me, I honestly want to rebuild my SDCC Gohan.

Brendan if you mean monetary wise it wont matter either way. Manga Goku and Piccolo are all going cheap regardless of what issue they were.

Also great job as always Frankie!

OEVA7EV.jpg

X6y98XK.jpg

M20gLY0.jpg

I now officially entirely regret selling my second saiyan vegeta. Applause man. Sheer applause.:clap

You just upstaged the **** out of those Zeroes.:lol

Do you ever maybe plan on making an effect that somewhat comes close to Cell vs ssj2 Gohan...? Or is that just undoable?

Also Frankie, I'd be much more interested in yellow aura effects, or electricity type effects (yellow as well as blue for ssj2). Have you considered making those?

That beam clash looks outstanding, I'm totally buying those at some point. I REALLY want to re-enact that moment from Vegeta vs Goku

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.

It's probably the biggest physical piece I've made so far.

I now officially entirely regret selling my second saiyan vegeta. Applause man. Sheer applause.:clap

You just upstaged the **** out of those Zeroes.:lol

Do you ever maybe plan on making an effect that somewhat comes close to Cell vs ssj2 Gohan...? Or is that just undoable?

Also Frankie, I'd be much more interested in yellow aura effects, or electricity type effects (yellow as well as blue for ssj2). Have you considered making those?

The Cell vs Gohan Kamehameha is totally doable, it's just costly due to the size, even with the scale shrunk down. I mean, look at the scale of it in the show.

hqdefault.jpg

It's a dome, a huge dome. To realistically produce one to display you would be looking at something between about 10-12 inches in diameter, and about 5-6 inches tall. It would be cool. If I were to make one, I'd probably include a section of land around it to display the devestation.

On the Auras with lightning, I'll show you guys something soon that you might like. I think I showed off an earlier version of it, but only took maybe 1-2 pictures and didn't really do any proper coloring or added lightning.

Oh, and I grabbed Broly.

He's huge. Ridiculously huge. Maximum huge.

fPfIMcx.jpg

Difficult to make stand, however.

They included some bigger gripping arms for him with the stand, but the stand itself is too small, as are the bigger gripping arms by just a bit.

I might fix this.

Back