S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heightwise if nappa's shiny bald head reaches 16's mohawk peaks and make him broad and bulky, I'm down with it. And they're already making 16 too.

Give him about the same price as 16, done. *take my money*

If you buy one as a gift crisis I'm gonna send it too tamashii with a sticker saying 'this was bought to me as lobbying for nappa, THAT's how much we need Nappa'.

Or scalp the **** out of someone a year later.:lol

I would not keep it, no. That's the truth.

So, those bootlegs that are about 30 bucks free shipping? Are all those the same? Lot of sellers all same deal basically. Or is the qc completely flying blind?

So, those bootlegs that are about 30 bucks free shipping? Are all those the same? Lot of sellers all same deal basically. Or is the qc completely flying blind?

I'd imagine that they all probably bought it from the same place. Unless you mean that really awful 6 pack in that case, avoid it,

Yes that's what I bought. QC crapshoot. I bought 2 from the same seller. One has reasonable joints and can stand well enough, the other has horrendous joints all around.

Just got another bootleg Vegeta for the Jacksdo Trunks head. I went with the "Spring2010" eBay seller and they got here QUICK (little under two weeks). Packed well but the boxes got a little squished (no biggie).

The figures look great, the paintjob is what impresses me the most. Obviously, next to the real thing you can point out the differences...but for a bootleg, it's surprisingly well done.

I did some research, "Datong" is actually a city in China, known mostly for its local coal mines. It does have a heavy industry based around it, which contributes to other companies like Engine-making and Power Generation, but there is a Plastics company as well. Also managed to identify a "Shang-Hai Datong Plastic Toys Co. Ltd.", but they claim to make children playsets like bouncy castles and slides.

It's quite possible "Datong" is just the name used by a side group of a Chinese toy manufacturer who has acquired a lot of molds, parts and pieces and they release other Bootlegs under other names. Not using their legitimate business name allows them to fly under the radar and if you've ever been to Oriental countries, you can see how a lot of "businesses" get away with it. The open markets and bazaars are hot-beds of bootlegs, counterfeits and copies. When I lived in Thailand, you'd walk in and be wow'ed by some "toy" stores on the streets, but if they were part of a larger market (along with cheap prices), it was easy to determine they were selling counterfeit products. Oftentimes you'd have to identify a legit business or go to a mall to find REAL, legitimate products.

No I mean all those 28 dollar, free shipping deals.

That's what most of you bought right?

That price sounds about right, but the QC is iffy with some having near perfect joints and others being really loose.

ftr not saying it to offend anyone or thing, as I said, Broly's popular? Okay, make him, majority, rules, have always defended that. Nice to those who want him.

But I'm HELLA NOT gonna buy him just to add some convincing to tamashii that big characters should be made. Hell I don't even necessarily want any big characters apart from Nappa. 1st form cell and burter would be cool, but, meh, could deal not having them.

I'll lobby for nappa, because they made vegeta, and he completes that, but not by buying **** I don't otherwise want. That's a step too far for me.

this. Even though I'd probably get a Nappa, I have zero interest in Broly and won't buy him in the hopes that good sales will cause them to make Nappa.

Another point- if we get Nappa, then I think they really need to consider making a Radditz figure to complete the original trio of Saiyan villains

I think Broly's ok, and I mostly want a complete DBZ display. But Unlike the other releases, he isn't at the top of my list.

Also, it looks like now Krillin's price is increasing slowly as well. He's steadily increasing on Amazon ($47 now) while the others seem to be fine. Though I'm getting worried, and might get Goku and Vegeta soon.

I think Broly's ok, and I mostly want a complete DBZ display. But Unlike the other releases, he isn't at the top of my list.

Also, it looks like now Krillin's price is increasing slowly as well. He's steadily increasing on Amazon ($47 now) while the others seem to be fine. Though I'm getting worried, and might get Goku and Vegeta soon.

I noticed that too. And 18 is also not Primable now. Cell really shot up in the span of about 2-3 months.

Broly is gonna make Tamashii a loooot of moneys, without a doubt. Like him or not, his creation has been very benificial to the DBZ franchise so much so that he's gained a large & loyal cult following despite not being considered "canon," decades after his initial debut. That's just an undeniable fact. Plus this will be THE definitive Broly figure in existance, and Tamashii knows this. Now THAT'S exciting.

Can't wait to purchase him man.

@Silrian lol you're entitled to your opinion, but that post is just loaded with flamebait dude, sheesh :lol

I'm part of that loyal cult following. Broly is what actually got me interested in this line. I remember seeing a few of the figures like once a year but never pulled the trigger until I saw Broly. I don't give a rat's a** if he, or any other character in general, is "canon" or "non-canon." If I love the character, I'm getting it. Being the definitive Broly figure makes it oh so much sweeter and that's a huge reason why I pre-ordered him and after thinking about it I pre-ordered another one because I'm coming up with a lot of display ideas for him. I'm tempted to buy a third one of him, second (maybe third) Super Saiyan Goku, and then a second Datong Super Saiyan Vegeta so I can display Broly beating the snot out of Vegeta and Goku at the same time.

Just got another bootleg Vegeta for the Jacksdo Trunks head. I went with the "Spring2010" eBay seller and they got here QUICK (little under two weeks). Packed well but the boxes got a little squished (no biggie).

The figures look great, the paintjob is what impresses me the most. Obviously, next to the real thing you can point out the differences...but for a bootleg, it's surprisingly well done.

I did some research, "Datong" is actually a city in China, known mostly for its local coal mines. It does have a heavy industry based around it, which contributes to other companies like Engine-making and Power Generation, but there is a Plastics company as well. Also managed to identify a "Shang-Hai Datong Plastic Toys Co. Ltd.", but they claim to make children playsets like bouncy castles and slides.

It's quite possible "Datong" is just the name used by a side group of a Chinese toy manufacturer who has acquired a lot of molds, parts and pieces and they release other Bootlegs under other names. Not using their legitimate business name allows them to fly under the radar and if you've ever been to Oriental countries, you can see how a lot of "businesses" get away with it. The open markets and bazaars are hot-beds of bootlegs, counterfeits and copies. When I lived in Thailand, you'd walk in and be wow'ed by some "toy" stores on the streets, but if they were part of a larger market (along with cheap prices), it was easy to determine they were selling counterfeit products. Oftentimes you'd have to identify a legit business or go to a mall to find REAL, legitimate products.

I went with Spring2010, as well. If, more like when, I buy another one I was going to go through him again.

I really enjoy the quality. At first I was a bit skeptic because it was a bootleg version but when I received it and opened him up I couldn't believe it. It's nowhere near S.H. Figuart quality but the paint job is really nice and the molding is quite acceptable to me. If they re-released a S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta I would get it but I'm satisfied with the bootleg version. (Majin Vegeta is my favorite version of the character anyways.)

That's an interesting back history on Datong. I always wondered about the name. I respect them a lot though for making it obvious that the figure is a bootleg with the letters on the box in Chinese. Usually, when it's a bootleg, the company would try to sell it off as the real thing.

Does anybody happen to have the Bandai Tamashii Nations Beige Version Effect Impact? It looks pretty cool and I think for Broly it would be perfect.

You mean this one? :p

2e210c7383ca6587c19e9a5a8122baa5.jpg

I've got the beige impact effect, ended up using it for MP transformer Rumble instead of DBZ though. They look good and are pretty versatile.

Someone posted about a magma version last week, which I think looks a lot cooler. Think its a convention piece unfortunately :(

magmaimpact1.jpg

Back