S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i lucked out then!! i bought sdcc gohan for 100 dollars in march or so, i figured he would be around that . seriously if i hadnt gotten in the line in feruary i wouldnt have gotten at all, figures became scarce quickly after in my country.

The most I've spent on anything from this line was a set of 3, SDCC Gohan, Trunks, and SDCC Piccolo. It came out to like 265 or something. Which is not bad at all considering Piccolo is probably 80-90, making Gohan and Trunks around the same considering their prices right now. I came in pretty late to this line, Scouter Vegeta was just released I think. I ended up getting everything else for retail. I wasn't planning on getting SS3 Goku but I ended up finding him at a comic store for 40 bucks when his ebay price was at 100~.

Wow, SS3 Goku still at retail? Nice. I remember at NYCC 2013 he was still at retail I think, since he was at Tamashii's booth.

You guys are just downright crazy. I can't even fathom spending 200+ dollars on a 40 dollar action figure.

Same here. So far I have paid $39.99(free s/h) for Super Vegeta(Zero), $39.99(free s/h) for manga Piccolo, and $30.00(free s/h) for Datong SS Vegeta.

The only others I want so far is Piccolo(Zero), Android 16, and SS Vegito.

You guys have the right idea, the reason some of these are at the crazy prices we see are due to people actually paying that price.

If I didnt get lucky and purchase these as they were first released I probably wouldnt even have gotten into this line.

I will admit I did consider buying that horrible sdcc Vegeta from ebay, but their crazy idiotic prices already put me off permanently.

If people stopped paying such prices these sellers would bring their prices down, guaranteed.

You guys have the right idea, the reason some of these are at the crazy prices we see are due to people actually paying that price.

If I didnt get lucky and purchase these as they were first released I probably wouldnt even have gotten into this line.

I will admit I did consider buying that horrible sdcc Vegeta from ebay, but their crazy idiotic prices already put me off permanently.

If people stopped paying such prices these sellers would bring their prices down, guaranteed.

saddly this forum is just a small fraction of the people collecting this
and the fear of missing out is there.

Thanks for the advice guys. While it seems nuts to pay so much for $40 figures, that's what you get for snoozing and losing on the line. I knew about this line but didn't jump in until now and that's the penance. It's the same with this hobby anyway, $150 HT going for $500 when it becomes scarce. If they re-released some of these figures somehow it'd deflate the prices but since that doesn't look like it'll happen c'est la vie

Pretty much. Some are willing to pay $200 plus for SS Vegeta, Trunks, SDCC Goku, etc. so they gladly put it up for those prices. Glad I've never cared about SDCC Goku.

Thanks for the advice guys. While it seems nuts to pay so much for $40 figures, that's what you get for snoozing and losing on the line. I knew about this line but didn't jump in until now and that's the penance. It's the same with this hobby anyway, $150 HT going for $500 when it becomes scarce. If they re-released some of these figures somehow it'd deflate the prices but since that doesn't look like it'll happen c'est la vie

tumblr_inline_n8id6adrgs1qb940b.gif

I would like to see everyone's top five hero and villain wants. I don't care about polls or the possibility of them being released. What action figures do you want most in your collection?

Heroes -
1. SSJ 4 Goku
2. SSJ 4 Gogeta
3. SSJ Gogeta
4. Bojack Trunks (with sword)
5. Buu saga SSJ Gohan (saiyaman costume, but without the bandana, cape and glasses)

Villains -
1. Cooler (not final form)
2. Janemba (with sword)
3. Super Buu
4. Dabura (with sword)
5. Super Android 13

Heroes -
1. Tien (vs. cell attire)
2. Ultimate Gohan
3. Trunks Junior SSJ
4. Goten SSJ
5. Hercules

Villains -
1. Nappa
2. Majin Vegeta
3. Super A-13
4. Kid Buu
5. Fat Buu

Heroes -
1) SSJ4 Vegeta
2) Majin Vegeta (Alternate headsculpts for M, SSJ, non SSJ, similar to trunks)
3) SSJ4 Gogeta
4) SS4 Goku
5) Bulma (Prefer the ones where shes older, but I would gladly take a Namek saga)

Villians -

1)Fat Buu
2)Kid Buu
3)Nappa
4)Raditz
5) Then entire Ginyu Force plus the Captain Ginyu as a frog.

Pretty much. Some are willing to pay $200 plus for SS Vegeta, Trunks, SDCC Goku, etc. so they gladly put it up for those prices. Glad I've never cared about SDCC Goku.

I never thought I would, but I decided I had been thinking about it too long and didn't want to get totally screwed on getting one if prices continue to stay at $300+. Of course, you are right, high prices only exist if people are willing to pay them. For Trunks and Vegeta it makes less sense to me. Those were wide, normal releases. However with SDCC Goku, there is always a markup for a popular con exclusive, so I don't find that one too appalling. It's a specific convention exclusive from 4 years ago, there's going to be a big markup on it.

Heroes -
1. Tien (vs. cell attire)
2. Yamcha (Cell)
3. Trunks Junior SSJ
4. Goten SSJ
5. King Kai

Villains -
1. Nappa
2. Radditz
3. Dabura
4. Kid Buu
5. Fat Buu

Heroes

1. Mystic Gohan / Adult SS Gohan
2. Goten
3. Kid Trunks
4. Master Kai
5. Gotenks

Villains

1. Kid Buu
2. Dabura
3. Captain Ginyu
4. Beerus
5. Majin Buu

I never thought I would, but I decided I had been thinking about it too long and didn't want to get totally screwed on getting one if prices continue to stay at $300+. Of course, you are right, high prices only exist if people are willing to pay them. For Trunks and Vegeta it makes less sense to me. Those were wide, normal releases. However with SDCC Goku, there is always a markup for a popular con exclusive, so I don't find that one too appalling. It's a specific convention exclusive from 4 years ago, there's going to be a big markup on it.

I'm not too crazy about the colors of SDCC Goku, but yeah it makes sense for the con exclusives.

You know sdcc Goku is his proper anime colours right?

Anyway, my list is only heroes, I have all my favourite villains minus kid buu or buuhan.

1.Armored Trunks (long hair)
2.Ultimate Gohan
3.Buu saga Vegeta (+majin hair)
4.Namek Goku w/kanji and belt
5.Android saga Gohan

I'm not too crazy about the colors of SDCC Goku, but yeah it makes sense for the con exclusives.

I've always loved the colors, and I really don't care for the colors on the regular release ss goku. Who knows, never actually seen SDCC Goku in hand, so I might be underwhelmed, but I'm excited to get it.

It's been a weird journey for me with this DBZ line. I started collecting it as soon as I heard about it, which was actually at SDCC 2012. I didn't know what it was until I saw the bluefin booth. Bought two SDCC Gohans and didn't even open one for a good long while. Then I saw Trunks and Cell go up for order on BBTS and Cell having Gohan and seeing Cell really sealed the deal for me on the line. I bought those, opened up a Gohan and had such a blast setting up scenes and posing these things. Hadn't even really thought about DBZ before that for a while, though I did have a gashapon or two I'd picked up from local boutique toy stores.

Then I noticed that SS Vegeta and SS Goku were both really expensive. I thought no way am I ever paying more than $40-60 for one of these things. I managed to find a Vegeta for $60 and around then the Goku rerelease went up for preorder. Sweet, Frieza and Scouter Vegeta went up too, I was in. I go to SDCC last year, grab Piccolo (and a bunch for other members at TFW) and the lineup and display is really jammin'.

Then Krillin comes out. I felt like he just didn't belong in the group. Now I start looking at the figures differently. I see SS Vegeta and Scouter Vegeta next to each other and think I don't need two different Vegetas and SS is going for almost $200, no way is it worth that to me. So I sell it. I get rid of Krillin. Then some hard times hit with a little lack of work and extra bills, so I start selling off a lot of collection and seeing Trunks, SDCC Gohan, Cell, etc, I just see dollar signs.

I sell off Scouter, SS3 Goku and have a deal lined up to unload Trunks, Gohan and Frieza. Just for those 5 figures I would have cleared almost $600. Crazy. Awesome. These things are almost as valuable as my Hot Toys!

Then stinking SDCC 2014 happens and I see the Android display. Something about seeing the 3 Androids together, they looked so damn perfect. I couldn't get rid of all these figures, particularly when it would cost me a crap ton if I ever wanted them back, which I knew then I would. So I nixed the Trunks/Gohan/Frieza deal, and here I am, having to buy back SS3 Goku and Scouter Vegeta and deciding it's time to add SDCC Goku.

I've had many collection purges over the years and these figures nearly didn't make the cut, but I'm glad they did. It's such a fun line and I hope it goes on for a long time. Would be awesome to be picking up some more obscure characters in 4 or 5 years, make this line the new Mattycollector MOTUC in that sense.

Anyhow, not sure why that boring figuarts odyssey came out of me right now. Moving right along...

You know sdcc Goku is his proper anime colours right?

Anyway, my list is only heroes, I have all my favourite villains minus kid buu or buuhan.

1.Armored Trunks (long hair)
2.Ultimate Gohan
3.Buu saga Vegeta (+majin hair)
4.Namek Goku w/kanji and belt
5.Android saga Gohan

Just gonna hop in here and +1 this list with the sole addition that I'd switch nr 2 and 4.

Brilliant Big D. Right up there with you.:hi5:

Back