S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far my predictions have been true. a 16 check, broly check, vegito CHECK, next we will get buu, goten and trunks, nappa!!! TRUST ME!

I see why using Vegito for a Majin custom would be tempting, he has the most detailed hair sculpt out of any of the figures, and it platinum blond too. But Vegeta is Vegeta, to capture his likeness, you need his best likeness. So I would say that Datong will serve just fine for this.

I like the detail of Vegito's hair, but I really don't like that he won't match with the existing figures. I want consistence in sculpts an paint apps. It would only be cool if they released a new hair set for all the SSj characters that matched this Vegito.

ok so no new announcements at sdcc.

btw what the hell is wrong with that vegito's face? he does not look like vegito the face is too wide or something

jynuzeja.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics :)

(Disclaimer: The following critiques on Vegito's face are written in mind that it's currently a prototype and is subject to change, and is written hoping that changes will be made.)

Vegito's face is too sharp, all his facial features seem to crease at 45 degree angles. he needs to be smoothed out some.

His eyes seem too wide, Vegeta has the correct width that Vegito should have.
His grimace is too fierce, and angular. His eyes look like triangles, but they should look like quadrilaterals.
His belt is suppose to be a lighter color than his gi.
2818018553_cd821131a8.jpg

Vegito+SS.jpg

His hair is too "upward" and not "outward" enough. BUT, I love his hair detail and the sharpness of his hair. ALL the figuarts need their hair to be sculpted in Vegito's style (sharp edges, pointed tips, creases in the spikes), including Broly.

Lastly, Vegito's blue is suppose to match Vegeta's blue exactly because it's meant to be the material of his blue tights in the shape of Goku's gi.
So the color plastic, and paint used for Vegeta should be used for Vegito too.

This image looks like what they used as inspiration for their sculpting in regards to the shown face...

Vegito_Looking_Awesome.jpg

That appears to be the same Broly figure they've been showing for awhile but the lighting makes a huge difference. It looks beautiful.

Good catch Angelo, I can see the resemblance :)

That image is a great base, but since the sculpt is unfinished, it doesn't look accurate.

Yeah, there's definitely adjustments that need to be made. I think a huge adjustment would be to bring down the jaw line where it lines up with his mouth instead of his nose.

Yeah, it has the same paint chip on the hair in front.

That's exactly what I saw, too. The picture shows the greenish tint to his hair a lot better and I'm glad to see that he doesn't need holders to stay upright. Also, his cloth is push in more. I know that was a minor detail on the other photo but it's good to see it close in tightly.

Nice to see 16 and Vegito! The display set-up is AWESOME as well! What a disappointment to people seeing that SS3 Goku posed majestically over the water, only to find him sold out.
The Vegito does seem a little odd in the face, however there is a fairly obvious "In Development" sign so he should improve for release. Remember the 18 prototype?
Also SDCC VEGETAA!! I WANTS IT!!! Fkn BBTS get it up already!!

Nice to see 16 and Vegito! The display set-up is AWESOME as well! What a disappointment to people seeing that SS3 Goku posed majestically over the water, only to find him sold out.
The Vegito does seem a little odd in the face, however there is a fairly obvious "In Development" sign so he should improve for release. Remember the 18 prototype?
Also SDCC VEGETAA!! I WANTS IT!!! Fkn BBTS get it up already!!

I know, I was never really that upset for SS3 Goku being sold out until I saw him set up like that. Now I want one.

How much does BBTS sell SDCC figures for? About 30% higher than SDCC price?

Back