S.H. Figuarts DC Extended Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the new pictures of Gal Gadot's head. The close-up really shows that she looks better than the previous promo pictures. It would've been awesome if they included a smiling face for her and not just neutral and angry.

I dunno. The Figuarts face still looks more like Maggie Gyllenhaal from TDK than Gal Gadot to me. I still think the new Mafex looks more like Wonder Woman. They both look like nice figures though.

The sculpt for Gal Gadot's face is there on the SHF and could pass for a "real person". It's just that the paint is too subtle. Let's just wait for the actual figure and see it for ourselves as SHF figures look better in hand, as always. I also think that the body proportion and posture is way better on the SHF. The Mafex looks too generic and looks like a cartoon.

I9Q6IOj.jpg

Got this photo from another chat group posted by infinite_virtue.

The photoshopped paintwork definitely helps it. But I still like the mafex better. Neither is a perfect likeness but my eyes just more readily accept the mafex sculpt as a representation of Gadot. The Figuarts still looks like it’s based on someone else to me.

But, hey, choices! How cool is it to be able to choose from multiple high end 1:12 lines?

So, FYI. The Hobby Base double-pegs certainly don’t work. One set is too big and the other set is too small. I tried sanding down the bigger set but unless you get it perfect, they tend to pop out easily. Also, by the time you get it adjusted, it is a smidge taller but not by too much.

My Justice League Batman arrived today. I tried the same mod and had the very same result. I sanded down the pegs on one of the larger ones and it ended up being just a hair taller, but not very much at all. By the time you’ve sanded enough of it down to fit in the sockets, you’ve lost some of the extra height. Does anyone have a definitive answer on which double ball joints will work?

Try cutting the original one in half and add a little stalk off of another peg glue it on both ends. Problem solved. But use a very good glue. Or cut the balls off of the original one, glue them to the desired socket one that is the right height.

Try cutting the original one in half and add a little stalk off of another peg glue it on both ends. Problem solved. But use a very good glue. Or cut the balls off of the original one, glue them to the desired socket one that is the right height.

That’s a pretty good idea, if I can get the glue to hold. Thanks.

Do you guys think it's worth preordering flash? It'll cost me like $90Aud and there's a possibility he might end up like deadshot at $50 or under

just to chime in here

you could cut the peg on half and add a section of correct diameter metal tubing , so the cut ends of the peg slide in to the tubing leaving the balls exposed to connect in the socket ,this would restore the correct height of peg and strengthen the joint when glued

just to chime in here

you could cut the peg on half and add a section of correct diameter metal tubing , so the cut ends of the peg slide in to the tubing leaving the balls exposed to connect in the socket ,this would restore the correct height of peg and strengthen the joint when glued

I would think this is a better option rather than gluing two ends with a sliver in between. It would definitely hold better

I would think this is a better option rather than gluing two ends with a sliver in between. It would definitely hold better

I might try cutting and extending like you all have been suggesting - but about how much height are all adding? About 1/8" or 1/4"?

This is something that SHF should just provide - a free new peg. Unless they like their shorter/squattier Batman.

just to chime in here

Fantastic idea. That does sound like it would be pretty stable that way. Do you have an idea for where I might find metal tubing small enough for that?

Back