RWoS #1/5000 completed Ebay auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what has a greater value, an AP or #1/5000?

AP, if it is a true AP and not just an unsold, unnumbered extra that had the initials "AP" slapped on the bottom, as is the case with some "artist proofs" (I'm not referring to SS in this scenario).

AP, if it is a true AP and not just an unsold, unnumbered extra that had the initials "AP" slapped on the bottom, as is the case with some "artist proofs" (I'm not referring to SS in this scenario).

With the Weta stuff there is a special box where the normal ES would have been written in and it reads Artist's Proof; waaaaaaaaaaay too classy! :cool:

I need to get one................or two :D

see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

Very good :lol

I own quite a few of those old SSW pieces, and some I'm still very fond off. The RWoS is certainly one of 'em. But, I also own some, I wished I had never bought... KotD, Shelob, Gandalf & Shadowfax, Fellbeast & Morgul Lord, PJ as corsair. All are still boxed up too...
I never managed to get my hands on the original Balrog, although I was very close a couple of times, even for an AP Balrog. I still fancy a Balrog, but the days I'd spend that much money on one figure are long gone. And as Mesa correctly pointed out, most AP's are no real AP's, so to me, they are not worth more than a regular edition item. I love low numbers, (low Edition Sizes even more!) but, a low number is no motivation for me to pay more. After all, all editions are more or less the same. It's all in the mind, if you get me.

Still, congratzz to the person that won this RWoS. It's a great piece, no matter what number is on the bottom!

Congrats Mal awesome piece prob my most wanted.:cool:

You didn't happen to buy 2 by any chance and are feeling in a generous mood my good friend,buddy,bearer of good news.:lol

Congrats Mal awesome piece prob my most wanted.:cool:

You didn't happen to buy 2 by any chance and are feeling in a generous mood my good friend,buddy,bearer of good news.:lol

sorry mate just one. but if i did i would give a fellow freak ringer a chance at it first.

Did you pick it up on ebay Malice?

yes SR. i got one hellavah deal on it. :banana

:D

Back