RWoS #1/5000 completed Ebay auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malice! Where did you get all that money!!!?? :lol

I wish I was lucky enough to own a piece that was wanted that badly.

Wow thats cool! Is that not a bad price as well for piece like that with that number? I'm not sure of current prices.

current price, if you're lucky enough to find a buyer in these times, is around $700-800 BIN. But auction style will be lower since lots of people are hurting for $.

So for a number #0001 that's not too bad a jump in price I don't think. Depends if you care about the number though I suppose.

I couldn't believe an hour before the auction ended and this was still at something like $260, then it jumped to around $350, and I bid $385 just to see if I could get a high bid.

$1000 does seem like a decent price to buy a #0001 at. If this had been two years ago, this would have ended at $1500 minimum, probably more like $2k

Ahh...the good ole days. When collectibles had low edition #s and they rose in value.

You know, when these things were actually "collectible".

Ahh...the good ole days. When collectibles had low edition #s and $ actually rose in value.

You know, when these things were actually "collectible".

Not sure 5000 is a low edition :monkey3 But I totally agree with you...SSW really started it for me and, for me, they hold a nostalgic kinda quality for me :rock

I just meant since the post SS-Weta split overall.

Balrog-1000
WitchKing-1000
Cave Troll-750
etc.

Even though this particular piece was 5000 units, (it was a #1 afterall), usually it still goes for more than x2 it's retail cost.

Has anything released in the last 3-4 years done that?

I just meant since the post SS-Weta split overall.

Balrog-1000
WitchKing-1000
Cave Troll-750
etc.

Even though this particular piece was 5000 units, (it was a #1 afterall), usually it still goes for more than x2 it's retail cost.

Has anything released in the last 3-4 years done that?

Ok, I was only joking and I totally see what you mean, I think it is because the SSW line has such a strong, somewhat unique backing (which includes me as I own most of them) that means the main players in the line are still consistently popular :) and, no, not that I can think of

yes me neither, low numbers must increase the quality of the statue or something :rolleyes:

If this was a number 10-99, I'd agree with your sarcasm, but owning a #1 edition is something special. I don't even think SS sells any of the #1-5 pieces anymore and I'd bet they go to VIP's or employees, artists, etc.

I remember #5000/5000 of the RWoS being offered on eBay a few years ago.

I seriously contemplated bidding on it and selling mine that is #3300s. Then it seemed like a lot of work. :)

I remember that one selling for around $700US at the time.

Beren

Malice! Where did you get all that money!!!?? :lol

I wish I was lucky enough to own a piece that was wanted that badly.

i was watching it closely for the 7 days it was listed. believe me a was watching it to the last minute untill the feeding frency started and i was like, WTF! :monkey2 oh well i have a buddy who has an extra who's selling it to me. :banana

Someone on The Shadow and Flame won this :D

i hate him/her and i hope it get's lost, brakes and rots on the way to him or her. :mad:

If this was a number 10-99, I'd agree with your sarcasm.

Family_Guy_Brian_Sarcasm_Navy_Shirt.jpg

:lol

Back