Rumor: Depp as Dr. Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depp is PERFECT for this role. Strange is the most underserved Marvel character - and I was disheartened by the Joseph Gordan Levitt rumor. But imagine Depp and Downey as Strange and Stark on screen together?

Depp is PERFECT for this role. Strange is the most underserved Marvel character - and I was disheartened by the Joseph Gordan Levitt rumor. But imagine Depp and Downey as Strange and Stark on screen together?

Actually, if Depp's less Ichabod Crane and more Dean Corso (his character in 9th Gate), I can actually see it working.

Yeah, that could be fantastic. They would be like oil and water--the gravely serious, aloof mystic and the fun-loving scientist. And given Depp's popularity, the writers might actually allow him to be on the same level as Stark in the hierarchy of characters, unlike what happened in Avengers, which could make their interplay all that much better.

Actually, if Depp's less Ichabod Crane and more Dean Corso (his character in 9th Gate), I can actually see it working.

Depp's Dean Corso was awesome! I watched The Ninth Gate again recently. I really like that movie! :rock :rock
I'd be interested to see Depp as Doctor Strange.

A few years ago I would have been really excited about this. But now it's just another wacky looking character for him to play.

I prefer they went with Viggo Mortensen, but casting could have been a lot worse than Depp. He is capable of pulling it off and I wouldn’t let his past roles scare me because I’m sure the studio and director want this character played a certain way. He just can’t go all Jack Sparrow because he feels like it.

Japper_91.jpg

Is Thor wearing a lamp shade on his arm in that poster?

And that can't be a Tim Burton movie. There aren't enough rubber suits.

I don't get all the doubt, depp can play anything, he's a method actor people are too hung up on jack sparrow.

Back