Rumor: Depp as Dr. Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So with Rudd as Ant Man, Michael Douglas as Hank Pym and Johnny Depp as Dr. Strange, Phase 3 is set to suck. :lol

Dunno about that. Rudd is a very solid choice for Ant-Man.

Depp as Strange should bring in some good humor. The one thing I like about the Marvel films as opposed to The Goyer DC stuff is the light heartedness of it. The Marvel films don't try to deny the absurdity of it all and have fun with it.

Really? Johny Derp as the Sorcerer Supreme???
Nope, does not compute.

I can dig Del Toro as derpy character but not derpy actor as Strange.

I think it could definitely work, but ideally Depp would reign it in a bit and wouldn't go "Jack Sparrow" on the role. Strange is a very odd duck, and the way he was sometimes portrayed with the Defenders was as an aloof, egomaniacal, sometimes self deprecating weirdo. Frankly, that's the version of Strange I want to see on the screen, and Depp could do a great job at it.

I think it could definitely work, but ideally Depp would reign it in a bit and wouldn't go "Jack Sparrow" on the role. Strange is a very odd duck, and the way he was sometimes portrayed with the Defenders was as an aloof, egomaniacal, sometimes self deprecating weirdo. Frankly, that's the version of Strange I want to see on the screen, and Depp could do a great job at it.

Agree 100% with this.

I like Depp and think he could be perfect in the role. As Kara said he'd have to back off a little on the Captain Jack stuff but he could very easily work.

You accidently put an s on the end of character.

You read my mind

I really hope Depp isn't in the MCU, he has his fans, and many of them, but I really get sick of seeing him

I mean physically sick, kinda like when you have to much fruit punch, the idea of more of it makes you feel a bit ugh!

Jack Sparrow, Sweeney Todd - played the same as Hunter S Thompson

I hope this isn't true, but not much to be said if it is

Works for Downey Jr being same ol Downey Jr in Ironman. So Im open to Depp being his same ol character too.... :monkey1....

I'm so tired of Depp's characters.
You accidently put an s on the end of character.

tumblr_mpmmvlWE091s5pdzpo5_400.gif

Works for Downey Jr being same ol Downey Jr in Ironman. So Im open to Depp being his same ol character too.... :monkey1....
Same for me, but I don't watch enough of his films to get sick of him I guess. Fear and Loathing and Ed Wood were brilliant, as was his performance in them.

We are posting rumor threads now ?

Yup. Plus, with the exception of POTC, he's gone out of his way to be noncommittal to sequels. Though that might be a non-issue given Disney's involved, but who knows.

:exactly: :lol

I don't mind him in the POTC films, but everything else lately he's done just annoys me.

And thank you Nam :duff

Last edited:
Back