ROTS DVD Info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the special Wallmart disk and it's really just a very short abridged version of the whole Star Wars saga, with the omission of ROTS. Nothing amazing.
It's hosted by C-3PO and R2, and narrated by Anthony Daniels.
It has short scenes showing C-3PO and R2 talking to the camera and to each other between narrated segments of the moves. It's all in Pan & Scan, and there are no audio options or scene selection, just selection between the two Prequel movies, or the Original Trilogy.

One thing to note, is that much of the OT segments are Pre-Special Addition versions. They have the old Emperor in ESB, Vader with eyebrows, and a non-Hayden Ghost Anakin in ROTJ. The Special Addition version of the X-Wing fly-by in ANH is there, and the old end song in ROTJ is there too, but with celebration end scenes from the Special Addition release of ROTJ.
It was weird watching the old scenes on DVD, in fact I think this is the first time they've ever been seen on DVD.
Makes me wish George would release the original versions on DVD even more.

screaming and anyone else wanting the originals on DVD
check out:
OT forum

Read the Citizen DVD thread. The quality is AMAZING. Best there is.

Good luck.

Still no idea how to get my hands on the OT. Imagine the fact that I've never seen the OT.....thats just creepy! All I know is the SE version from '97 :horror

Back