ROTK Complete Recordings Nov 6??? My Ring it is!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon Germany has listed it again - for a whopping EUR 175.99 - thats $ 278! :horror : Link

Didn't know that Amazon is starting to sell at "secondary market prices", too... :sick

I only have the standard CD Soundtracks and was wondering if these complete recordings are worth getting?

Besides the great packaging how much extra music is there and does it equate to something similar to the extended movie versions,as in a whole new experience.:cool:

Redman, the simple answer to your question is YES! For example, the RotK is nearly 4 hours of music. As far as I am aware, the they all (ie FotR, TT and RotK) include music from the extended cuts of the movies. One or other of them is almost always on in the background as I work. If you can get hold of them, do!! :)

This is posted by somebody on the product page on amazon.com...

"Justin Feeney says:
Here's the email I got from NewLineShop.com. Maybe if someone contacts Howard Shore's website they'll get more/different information:

Thank you for contacting Newline Shop.

At this time, the Return of the King - Complete Recordings soundtrack is not
available except on iTunes. It is expected to be available at some point, please
continue to check the site for updates.

Sincerely,

Jenny
The Newline Shop"

This is posted by somebody on the product page on amazon.com...

"Justin Feeney says:
Here's the email I got from NewLineShop.com. Maybe if someone contacts Howard Shore's website they'll get more/different information:

Thank you for contacting Newline Shop.

At this time, the Return of the King - Complete Recordings soundtrack is not
available except on iTunes. It is expected to be available at some point, please
continue to check the site for updates.

Sincerely,

Jenny
The Newline Shop"

Very Interesting

I hope those that want it get it. The last track of the entire album, the last in the whole series, for Pete's sake, is my favorite of all. It's actually the boy's choir singing what was one of Bilbo's traveling songs, and ultimately it hearkens to his last thoughts on Middle Earth, akin to his final song ever sung. Here's the translation from the Elvish of that last track:

---------------------------------------

I sit beside the fire and think . . .by J. R. R. Tolkien

I sit beside the fire and think
of all that I have seen,
of meadow-flowers and butterflies
In summers that have been;

Of yellow leaves and gossamer
in autumns that there were,
with morning mist and silver sun
and wind upon my hair.

of how the world will be
when winter comes without a spring
that I shall ever see.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood in every spring
there is a different green.

of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know.

But all the while I sit and think
of times there were before,
I listen for returning feet
and voices at the door.

---------------------------------------

You can hear a sample on amazon.com

You mean Bilbo's Song? I love that track too. The original poem always was one of my faves as well.

You mean Bilbo's Song? I love that track too. The original poem always was one of my faves as well.

Yes, though technically that title should belong to a poem written after LOTR which he wrote for his secretary. Its purpose is to be the final words Bilbo ever sang on Middle Earth, although since it wasn't published with the trilogy New Line didn't get the rights to use it, so Into the West was meant to convey the same feeling, and the boys choir song reiterates that feeling of closure with the text of the poem I just posted, under the film title "Bilbo's Song."

Here is the real "Bilbo's Song:"

Bilbo's Last Song (At the Grey Havens)
by J. R. R. Tolkien

Day is ended, dim my eyes,
but journey long before me lies.
Farewell, friends! I hear the call.
The ship's beside the stony wall.
Foam is white and waves are grey;
beyond the sunset leads my way.
Foam is salt, the wind is free;
I hear the rising of the Sea.

Farewell, friends! The sails are set,
the wind is east, the moorings fret.
Shadows long before me lie,
beneath the ever-bending sky,
but islands lie behind the Sun
that I shall raise ere all is done;
lands there are to west of West,
where night is quiet and sleep is rest.

Guided by the Lonely Star,
beyond the utmost harbour-bar,
I'll find the heavens fair and free,
and beaches of the Starlit Sea.
Ship, my ship! I seek the West,
and fields and mountains ever blest.
Farewell to Middle-earth at last.
I see the Star above my mast!

looks like the price went up a little bit. might have to wait on this some more. "into the west" has got to be the high point for me. but the "lighting of the beacons" is another that sent chills through me when i saw it in the theater those 3 or 4 times.

Back