ROTK Complete Recordings Nov 6??? My Ring it is!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is that little rubber nub that holds the DVD in the case. With the previous two, you really had to wrestle with it, bending and warping it to get it to fit on the holder. Now with a two sided disc, you don't have the luxury of one side with artwork to absorb your thumb prints. The exposed second side of the disc is going to get smudged and scratched facing out like that. It was the only poor choice in an otherwise well designed package.

The problem is that little rubber nub that holds the DVD in the case. With the previous two, you really had to wrestle with it, bending and warping it to get it to fit on the holder. Now with a two sided disc, you don't have the luxury of one side with artwork to absorb your thumb prints. The exposed second side of the disc is going to get smudged and scratched facing out like that. It was the only poor choice in an otherwise well designed package.
why couldn't they just use 2 dvds. the box is big enough.

I can't believe anyone would use iPod as a preferred listening device for this. I'm pretty much chomping at the bit for the 5.1 audio right now -- Amazon just sent my box yesterday, so it'll arrive in early December -- as even the 320kbps mp3s I've got can barely resolve the fullness of the orchestra.

This is the clearest LOTR recording yet, though, and it will probably sound just delicious when played through a proper audio setup.

And listening to all the bits that were excised -- like the amazing melding of all the Ring themes just before Frodo declares "The Ring is mine" -- just makes you wonder what were they thinking. Seriously.

One of my favorite moments of the score out of the entire trilogy is the full choral expression of the Fellowship theme from the charge at the Black Gate/arrival at the Crack of Doom. When my copy arrives tomorrow, I will be skipping straight to that track ("For Frodo").

I got a shipping notice from Amazon. It should be here on the 28th. :rock I don't like the double sided disc though.

I just got notification from Amazon that mine won't be here until after Christmas!! Why can everyone else get them and we can't here in the UK??

I just got notification from Amazon that mine won't be here until after Christmas!! Why can everyone else get them and we can't here in the UK??

Hi Crazytrain, I ordered mine from Amazon.com and its on its way to me I live in Dublin Ireland and it will be here by next Monday so maybe you should cancel and re order if you have to wait until after Xmas!!:confused:

Hi Crazytrain, I ordered mine from Amazon.com and its on its way to me I live in Dublin Ireland and it will be here by next Monday so maybe you should cancel and re order if you have to wait until after Xmas!!:confused:

Thanks for that WoS - I'll give it a try! :)

I have just checked and they are sold out everywhere... I am googled for it.. and all the usual places : amazon, Barnes & nobles, CDUniverse -- ALL gone.

No one selling on ebay either..

Anyone with news... please post thanks!!

That one's listed as out of stock now too.

I wonder if all units of this CD set have been shipped yet ad that's the end of the run, or if it was just an initial pressing and there are more to come. Neither of the other two complete score sets are sold out yet, so it seems strange to me that this one would be unless it was just that highly anticipated, or the pressing run was really, really small.

That one's listed as out of stock now too.

I wonder if all units of this CD set have been shipped yet ad that's the end of the run, or if it was just an initial pressing and there are more to come. Neither of the other two complete score sets are sold out yet, so it seems strange to me that this one would be unless it was just that highly anticipated, or the pressing run was really, really small.
actually this happened for the other 2 releases. it will be reprinted .

Well you know that the pressing plant in California was affected by those fires some time back and that delayed the shipment of the initial release, this was posted on Howard Shore's website at the time so maybe that has something to do with it?

This is what it says on the product page from a place i order imports from here in denmark...

"Due to production problems, this item is currently very hard to come by."

Back