ROTJ Luke REALLy does have a huge head!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting a body swap comparison KD, it'll help those that are thinking of doing the same.

Jedi Luke does suffer from Sideshow bigheadidis. Unfortunately Sideshow hasn't learned from their past mistakes fully since both new figures Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi-Mundi also suffer from the same proportional problem.
Though it's not an issue on either ANH Luke, Han, or Gen. Kenobi.

Jedi Luke was the first figure I bought that got me into this whole 1/6 collecting game... and was what introduced me to Sideshow.

So it has a lot to answer for :lol (namely I have less money now than I used to, lol)

figure1.jpg

figure2.jpg

figure3.jpg

Thanks for posting a body swap comparison KD, it'll help those that are thinking of doing the same.

Jedi Luke does suffer from Sideshow bigheadidis. Unfortunately Sideshow hasn't learned from their past mistakes fully since both new figures Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi-Mundi also suffer from the same proportional problem.
Though it's not an issue on either ANH Luke, Han, or Gen. Kenobi.

LOL!!!!...am i the only person who thinks that Ki Adi's head is ACTUALLY the right size?...he had a pretty big head to begin with anyway, and the make-up altered alot during the filming of the PT, i'm not too sure which one they have used as a base, but it seems to be a blend of 1 and 2 with a slight hint of 3 in there.

Probebly why he looks so....bobble-head like.

Well, then I guess we shouldn't lock threads that get bumped days, months, or years afterwards. Those topics don't have expiration dates right? People gripe at them for doing that.

I'm not trolling just gave my two cents wanted/needed/whatever on a topic. Nobody needs anyone of us in this thread. :lol

Troll go home!!:gun

I think with your swap of bodie, the figure looks much better, Chase...He has a disproportionate head of course, but still look cool..it was a great sculpt.Wander why Sideshow didnt notice the giant head back then...:confused:

Also, I dont see why this thread is compared to Necroposting..:confused:.. People buy old Sideshow figures all the time and post new threads about them.I still found them cool and/or interesting + your pics are a cool bonus .

Thnx:rock

Looks great with a little padding in shoulders King! Nice work :rock

The little bit of padding made all the difference, thnx J. Oh and I added the belt :rock

The body swap actually does look better.
Can you post pics next to other SST figures?

And figure in particular??

I think with your swap of bodie, the figure looks much better, Chase...He has a disproportionate head of course, but still look cool..it was a great sculpt.Wander why Sideshow didnt notice the giant head back then...:confused:

Also, I dont see why this thread is compared to Necroposting..:confused:.. People buy old Sideshow figures all the time and post new threads about them.I still found them cool and/or interesting + your pics are a cool bonus .

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

No figure in particular, just wanted to see if Luke ended up being too tall to hang out with his mates.

I think he cam out way to tall :lol
SANY1906.jpg

Heres some quick pix with some other Star Wars figures. I posed them all pretty stiff, legs locked and facing forward so you could see the heights better.

SANY1905.jpg

SANY1904.jpg

SANY1902.jpg

SANY1903.jpg

Jedi Luke, big head indeed. But to be honest, it never bugged me as much as his big hands. All Luke's have way to big hands.
The monkey arms are... yes, annoying, but since this was SSC's first SW 12" (which also got me into the 1/6 thang), I see it as "a step in history" and I can live with it. It's much much much harder to live with the fact that SSC hasn't learned from their mistakes, like screamingmetal pointed out justly. Some of their later releases still have to big heads (and hands).

Btw, Darren, awesom Jedi!

While the original head always reminded me of the scene where Vader finds out that Luke has a sister (during their epic fight), yours reminds me of the scene where Luke tells Leia that she is his sister: "The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia."

Last edited:
Back