Rondo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joranthalus

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATE: More info and images of the other figures on page 2

took a few quick pics of rondo this morning before work, but unfortunately, i'm working in "the field" today so i'm using the verizon card and the connection out here sucks. One pic was all i could bear to upload...

Here he is, hands at 10 and 2 - in the creeping position....

rondo.jpg

overall i'm VERY pleased with this guy. A few minor nits, but he pretty much rocks :D

sorry for the harsh pic, i was a little rushed...

Last edited:
Looks pretty good... although the sculpt (and it could be the flash) seems much flatter and less textured than the proto. Still, looks great and a figure I don't think anyone ever expected to see :lol

Looks pretty good... although the sculpt (and it could be the flash) seems much flatter and less textured than the proto. Still, looks great and a figure I don't think anyone ever expected to see :lol

it's the flash, the face looks great otherwise, imo.

The biggest problem i have with it so far is that they used soft rubber for the shoes, and so the soles are rounded making it very difficult for him to stand up without the stand. The stand's lowest height is well above his waist making it useless unless you cut it down a bit...

it's the flash, the face looks great otherwise, imo.

The biggest problem i have with it so far is that they used soft rubber for the shoes, and so the soles are rounded making it very difficult for him to stand up without the stand. The stand's lowest height is well above his waist making it useless unless you cut it down a bit...

Interesting... are the shoes generic enough that you could swap them, or are they oversized like the hands?

took a few quick pics of rondo this morning before work, but unfortunately, i'm working in "the field" today so i'm using the verizon card and the connection out here sucks. One pic was all i could bear to upload...

Here he is, hands at 10 and 2 - in the creeping position....

rondo.jpg

overall i'm VERY pleased with this guy. A few minor nits, but he pretty much rocks :D

sorry for the harsh pic, i was a little rushed...

If Rondo looks this good I cannot wait to see KING KARLOFF!!!!!!:rock:rock:rock

East Man! Here to do battle with the amazing RAAANDO!

Sorry, off topic...but Rondo made me think of the amazing RANDO!...

I'll leave now...heh./

pretty much in scale... when you consider sideshow's monsters weren't really all that in scale with sideshow's monsters. He's just a wee bit shorter than frank...

flash.jpg

noflash.jpg

sadly, this is all i've got time to do... sorry for teh suck on the images....

Bill -
The real buttons are incredibly annoying... i needed to soak his head to get it to pop off so had to remove the coat and shirt and it took a long time. Those tiny buttons are a real pain in the ass. Other than that, i'm cool with him.

Wolfie -
At first i thought the paint was a little dark, but it's growing on me. The pants do little to hide the bulky hip joints, but i can always pose him differently.

Frank -
I was pleasantly surprised by frank. The proto pics don't do him justice. Outstanding head sculpt and paint. However, the bare forearms are a problem since the color doesn't quite match.

They all have the same problem with the rounded rubber soles on the shoes and the small size of the feet making it difficult to get them to stand up. I'll be swapping shoes.

Also, not much in the way of accessories. Bill comes with the extra arms and heads, which is great, and Rondo has two hats. Other than that, nothing. Would;ve been nice to have a little something with the other two... not sure what though. Maybe a gallon of milk for wolfie to throw at the cashier.

Still, for the price, the license, and the first time out, i'm MORE than happy with all of them. I'm giddy :D

Gort, Klaatu, and the Saucer Men should be here tomorrow...

Man, I really hope these figures turn a profit for Amok Time... they really seem to be doing them justice and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us :rock

Gort and Klaatu will be here tomorrow :rock

Thank you for posting these photos Joranthalus :) Great appetizer for what is on my way too.

They all look very decent (especially when compared to the very reasanable prices they were sold).
The stands look excellent.

Rondo is my favourite, followed by by Zombie and Werewolf.

Must say the teenage Frankenstein I am still doubing to add him in the collection.

Hope they still have plans on releasing their Elvira...

Back