Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Rogue has been my fave female character for over 30 years and since money isn't a problem for this ninny, I decided to preorder the EX.
I did that because I'm hoping the portraits will surprise me when in hand, and/or someone will do a custom portrait for the piece once it's out.

Exactly, this one is too good to pass up. This ninny just pre ordered! :rotfl

Got a while to prepare for this one, hopefully we get more info on it soon

Well, Rogue has been my fave female character for over 30 years and since money isn't a problem for this ninny, I decided to preorder the EX.
I did that because I'm hoping the portraits will surprise me when in hand, and/or someone will do a custom portrait for the piece once it's out.

I know you said money isn't a problem, but given that there's a good chance you're going to go with a custom head anyway, why not just buy the regular from Popcultcha. You'll save around 50% of what you end up paying Popcultcha, and put that towards the custom head?

But Magneto maquette ex was $750 and just about everybody said Rogue would be more. The $699 barrierwas already broken. But still - it's a lot of $$$ and for a EU collector who doesn't feel the need for the ex, I gonna look for a good price from a local seller.

I stand corrected. I was lumping this in with the X-female PFs since they were all teased together, and never noticed this one carried the maquette designation. So was figuring around $575-$600. What exactly constitutes maquette vs. PF anyway? I did PO Magneto and have Thanos, so ... yeah. I'm assuming Psylocke and X-23 are PFs.

I stand corrected. I was lumping this in with the X-female PFs since they were all teased together, and never noticed this one carried the maquette designation. So was figuring around $575-$600. What exactly constitutes maquette vs. PF anyway? I did PO Magneto and have Thanos, so ... yeah. I'm assuming Psylocke and X-23 are PFs.

That's the million dollar question right there.

If you watched the recent Sideshow live show both Susan and Dave Igo couldn't give a satisfactory answer to that very question!

It was truly uncomfortable seeing them try to answer that question, much like the segments on Rogue and Green Lantern. It wasn't pretty.

They need to learn to only select questions from the chat that they have prepared answers for, for which they also know won't receive obvious backlash for uncertainties etc. They need to be more political.... I can't believe I just said that :slap

The Maquette term is used for other licenses that are not 1/4 scale, new and old. PF is strictly 1/4 scale, the Avengers line would have been considered comiquettes years ago at 1/5 scale.

The Maquette term is used for other licenses that are not 1/4 scale, new and old. PF is strictly 1/4 scale, the Avengers line would have been considered comiquettes years ago at 1/5 scale.

Maquettes have always been to me to be items used as reference during productions like a movie, video game etc, but those references themselves can be of any appropriate scale.

Sideshows definitions are currently quite fluid, which is why I sometimes call them 'Sideshow Maquettes' as I don't believe these pieces would be used by any profession.

I know you said money isn't a problem, but given that there's a good chance you're going to go with a custom head anyway, why not just buy the regular from Popcultcha. You'll save around 50% of what you end up paying Popcultcha, and put that towards the custom head?

Because I'm a sucka. I really do want that EX head to be awesome in hand. I'll take my chance with it first.

I've basically given up on EX pieces now, like you said, it's easier to go through a local.....but it's Rogue

Because I'm a sucka. I really do want that EX head to be awesome in hand. I'll take my chance with it first.

I've basically given up on EX pieces now, like you said, it's easier to go through a local.....but it's Rogue

I understand. I really wanted to like the Ex, but at the same time I didn't because of the cost differences to me.

But when you need the Ex, you need the Ex. I've currently got both the Prime 1 1/3 Justice League Superman and Wonder Woman Ultimate pieces on preorder from Sideshow even though it's costing me a fair bit more than just getting the regular locally.

I understand. I really wanted to like the Ex, but at the same time I didn't because of the cost differences to me.

But when you need the Ex, you need the Ex. I've currently got both the Prime 1 1/3 Justice League Superman and Wonder Woman Ultimate pieces on preorder from Sideshow even though it's costing me a fair bit more than just getting the regular locally.

There's many pieces I've not ordered simply because I'll try and find it locally because I can't justify $200 for the EX piece. The aftermarket on FB in Oz is pretty good and I've picked up a couple of XM pieces cheap by just playing the long game. That's what I'm doing with Deathstroke, Zatanna, etc. But when a fave is up for order, I can't help myself. It's gonna kill me with the shipping and the GST, but she's an exception.

There's many pieces I've not ordered simply because I'll try and find it locally because I can't justify $200 for the EX piece. The aftermarket on FB in Oz is pretty good and I've picked up a couple of XM pieces cheap by just playing the long game. That's what I'm doing with Deathstroke, Zatanna, etc. But when a fave is up for order, I can't help myself. It's gonna kill me with the shipping and the GST, but she's an exception.

At current rates the Rogue is going to end up costing you about $1,300 AUD. But by the time it ships it'll probably be $1,350 AUD.

Yup!

Which is why imo they're not true maquettes. It's just a way for them to price differently.

That's what I'm thinking as well, maybe it just has to do with the way it was produced and what their price point is, or way to justify a higher price point currently.

There was a pretty successful Lord of the Rings line that were called maquettes, all 1/5 or 1/6... Iron Giant is a Maquette. :dunno

Last edited:
Decided to pass on this. Looks to much like Angelina Jolie in Rogue cosplay.

That's what I'm thinking as well, maybe it just has to do with the way it was produced and what their price point is, or way to justify a higher price point currently.

There was a pretty successful Lord of the Rings line that were called maquettes, all 1/5 or 1/6... Iron Giant is a Maquette. :dunno

I thought maguette was to label movie related statue. Not anymore

Yup!

Which is why imo they're not true maquettes. It's just a way for them to price differently.

The price doesn’t make any sense. Straight clear resin is more expensive than mixed Polystone, if material cost was a factor than Fathom would have been 700+ dollars because of all the straight resin, maybe it’s licensing Rogue’s license could be more? A slightly larger base doesn’t justify an almost 50% rate increase from 500 to 715.

Maquette tat probably came from wait texting and experimenting with the pose and sustainability of the support she has.

Who knows. It’s a buy sell market. They up the price, folks still by... why would they stop lol

Back