Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what's worse:

Having collected when prices were in the $200-300 per PF and being shocked that it's now $500-700 and not being able to stomach paying those prices or

Having just started collecting now and buying $500-700 pieces with no hesitation because that's the norm right now...

Gotta earn more $$$. All problem solve hahahaha

Gotta earn more $$$. All problem solve hahahaha

hah, I hear that! Thing is, I can still afford these statues. It's just I can't justify the cost anymore. Perhaps I would feel differently if I didn't already own a lot of the characters that make my collection feel somewhat complete.

The price point is still too much for me considering all the characters I want from this line. I am more selective nowadays as space is limited. My last Sideshow piece was Wolverine I have no more PO from Sideshow.

Please be civil peeps. Insults will not be tolerated. Opinions are great things as long as they are put across constructively.
Some posts deleted.
Thanks.
x :peace

hah, I hear that! Thing is, I can still afford these statues. It's just I can't justify the cost anymore. Perhaps I would feel differently if I didn't already own a lot of the characters that make my collection feel somewhat complete.

Definitely. Price jump $25 each PO just sound ridiculous. Only statue business can do this, literally.

Definitely. Price jump $25 each PO just sound ridiculous. Only statue business can do this, literally.

Nerd collectibles are big business now. Until the bubble bursts and they stop making films and it's no longer popular, it will continue. Which is both good and bad for us

I still have not pulled the trigger on this...at first I was 100% in...now wavering a bit. Def not doing EX though unless I get a coupon or something.

I’m glad I got in at the start and not now

Quality has gone up though, they are closer to XM level now with clothing textures in the sculpts and more realism to the face, leather textures and less cloth/pleather which personally I don’t like mixed media myself.

Quality has gone up though, they are closer to XM level now with clothing textures in the sculpts and more realism to the face, leather textures and less cloth/pleather which personally I don’t like mixed media myself.

I don't think the quality is necessarily better. QC is def worse. More realism is just a change in style for how they want the statues to look. And we aren't talking about statues that were made a decade ago. This was like 4-5 years ago:lol There were some amazing pieces that were equally complex made 5 years ago that were like half the price of these statues coming out now. The mark VI maquette will probably never be matched in quality by another SSC made IM piece and that was like 7 years ago?

I don't think the quality is necessarily better. QC is def worse. More realism is just a change in style for how they want the statues to look. And we aren't talking about statues that were made a decade ago. This was like 4-5 years ago:lol There were some amazing pieces that were equally complex made 5 years ago that were like half the price of these statues coming out now. The mark VI maquette will probably never be matched in quality by another SSC made IM piece and that was like 7 years ago?

I was measuring quality in the terms of complexity more not so much on quality control. You are correct Sideshows QC still isn’t that great, I was in a protracted battle with them over my Captain Marvel PF it was really bad to the point I almost stopped buying from them.

I was measuring quality in the terms of complexity more not so much on quality control. You are correct Sideshows QC still isn’t that great, I was in a protracted battle with them over my Captain Marvel PF it was really bad to the point I almost stopped buying from them.

I think complexity is merely a design thing. Plus there are more artists doing zbrush these days so they have a larger pool to have more pieces in development at once then they used to. But that still shouldn't equate to this much of a price increase. The only thing dictating the price is the fact that people are still willing to pay them regardless of how expensive they get. It has nothing to do with complexity of pieces or QC for that matter...

I think complexity is merely a design thing. Plus there are more artists doing zbrush these days so they have a larger pool to have more pieces in development at once then they used to. But that still shouldn't equate to this much of a price increase. The only thing dictating the price is the fact that people are still willing to pay them regardless of how expensive they get. It has nothing to do with complexity of pieces or QC for that matter...

I don’t think the price increase is justifiable at all, I’m just trying to find some positive outcome from it. The statues are mostly 3-D modeled in Z-brush now and then 3-d printed and then the mold made from that, you are correct the price shouldn’t be going up economy of scale would dictate it should go down from the more efficient ability to create them and higher number of statues made.

However one thing that does effect the cost is the higher price of manufacturing in China because of social reforms for workers and conditions. Average manufacturing wage in a China tripled from 2008 to 2017 from 3,500 USD a year to 9,500 USD a year so that is going to have an impact, however the lower cost of crude should have lowered bulk shipping costs a lot around this time and other factors in play shouldn’t have doubled the cost of the statues.

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/china/wages-in-manufacturing

I don’t think the price increase is justifiable at all, I’m just trying to find some positive outcome from it. The statues are mostly 3-D modeled in Z-brush now and then 3-d printed and then the mold made from that, you are correct the price shouldn’t be going up economy of scale would dictate it should go down from the more efficient ability to create them and higher number of statues made.

However one thing that does effect the cost is the higher price of manufacturing in China because of social reforms for workers and conditions. Average manufacturing wage in a China tripled from 2008 to 2017 from 3,500 USD a year to 9,500 USD a year so that is going to have an impact, however the lower cost of crude should have lowered bulk shipping costs a lot around this time and other factors in play shouldn’t have doubled the cost of the statues.

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/china/wages-in-manufacturing

Good point on the China costs going up...absolutely a factor. In any case, we basically just have to deal with it til the high end collectors hit their breaking point in cost:rotfl even then, if what we are seeing now becomes the ave cost for all statues, I am pretty much done.

Back