Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. The last PF I got was the dark phoenix I think. I haven't had any SSC pieces POed since. The only thing I have is Prime1 WW on PO but i had to have a Gadot statue. I am officially priced out. Even this I will probably end up passing on. It's not that I can't afford it either. I just don't know if its worth this amount of money to me any more.

Fair play to you, everyone has their line. I'll meet you know when I find mine!

I know right? These prices are nutz...I thought they were nutz at $400 but we are in another stratosphere :slap

Sideshow's strategy of increasing prices on premium formats by $10-$15 every couple of months over a 2-3 year period has worked brilliantly. They can now toss a 1/4 scale statue out at $700 and some folks are thinking it is a good deal. Their new strategy also includes the "hey, let's throw out a maquette at a huge price to trick folks that the increases on the regular premium formats aren't too bad". Remember when the 2nd Deadpool came out at $685 (I think - someone needs to check me on this) when Premium Formats were in the high $400's? People lost their minds at that price. Now, it has become second nature. Most premium formats (non-maquettes) are now nearing the $600 range. Man, I'm glad I'm almost out of space.

Yall better give props to SS. We all thought at least mags lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not all of us, just most on the forums.

I was thinking and hoping that Rogue would fall within the $700-750 USD range.

But as I posted in the other forum:-

Well it looks like the price is surprising many people, in that they were for whatever reason expecting the price to be in excess of $750 to $800 USD. If not even more by certain trolls we all know and love.

Now don't they feel silly, and somewhat relieved?

From now on we should all just wait until Sideshow themselves tell us what a piece will be priced at, rather than stress ourselves and others by posted heavily inflated prices, even beyond what this already expensive piece is being priced at.

If they end up pricing it too much (subjective) we can whine then.

I won't be getting the Ex, as the headsculpt didn't really impress me. But I'll certainly be preordering the regular locally once it goes up on Popcultcha (Australia).

And as high as the price is, it's not that much different from other pieces I've been ordering from Iron Studios and of course the bigger scale items from Prime 1.

Heck the Iron Man Mark 3 'Maquette' which is shipping in the next week was priced at $700 USD for the Ex, nearly a year ago when it went up for preorder.

How long is eventually?

And is that a guarantee or an assumption?

Humidity will speed up the process. It’s happened with the Batman pf briefs and the Indy pf jacket. Some Hot Toys figures had problems with clothing too. Some use 303 over clothing to protect.

I bought the Indy pf a couple of years ago and the whole jacket cracked all over as soon as I touched it. Same thing with the HT Indy belt.

Humidity will speed up the process. It’s happened with the Batman pf briefs and the Indy pf jacket. Some Hot Toys figures had problems with clothing too. Some use 303 over clothing to protect.

I live in Sydney Australia which has a mild to hot climate and I've never noticed any issues on my statues or my Hot Toy figures.

Not even on that black Catwoman statue PF I purchased a few years back. Out of the box there was a little deterioration? but it hasn't got any worse since I purchased it. Same with the classic Bats that I have.

But note that most of my statues with fabrics are behind glass or acrylic doors etc.

While deterioration certainly CAN happen with fabric, I think overall the odds are that it won't.

I'm not a fan of fabric on statues at all, but I think the concern is a bit overstated due to scenarios that are the exception and not the rule.

Back