Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Statue Forum is toxic, they complain about literally everything. It’s just a whole bunch of people who hate their lives so they project it onto there.

I agree, I would personally have to see more. Although it’s nice Sideshow is making a lot of unique head sculpts, it would be nice if they started making 2-3 for each statue it cater to more people who don’t like certain ones. Making the master mold can be somewhat expensive though.

There are 17 pages of comments about the EX head over there. Except for me and maybe two others, people are like vomiting.

I liked the regular head and I thought, I hope the EX is as nice looking as the reg. I didn't want some screaming banshee. I was a little surprised that it was the same sculpt, but I figured, it could have been worse. I have my own idea of what a Rogue portrait should look like. Neither one of these matches it, but I can certainly appreciate them. I actually think the EX portrait on the original PF comes closest to my ideal, paint job aside. I got a good one, so I was happy with it. Most weren't, but I think many have been too critical of it over the years, posting the absolute worst, most distorted pictures they could take.

There are 17 pages of comments about the EX head over there. Except for me and maybe two others, people are like vomiting.

I liked the regular head and I thought, I hope the EX is as nice looking as the reg. I didn't want some screaming banshee. I was a little surprised that it was the same sculpt, but I figured, it could have been worse. I have my own idea of what a Rogue portrait should look like. Neither one of these matches it, but I can certainly appreciate them. I actually think the EX portrait on the original PF comes closest to my ideal, paint job aside. I got a good one, so I was happy with it. Most weren't, but I think many have been too critical of it over the years, posting the absolute worst, most distorted pictures they could take.

Totally agree. I actually got replacement heads and they were decent. I was considering custom paintjobs but the replacements were def good enough. This new PF looks pretty good to me. The pose does make it difficult to display with my OG xmen lineup though. I am concerned about the price as well.

Totally agree. I actually got replacement heads and they were decent. I was considering custom paintjobs but the replacements were def good enough. This new PF looks pretty good to me. The pose does make it difficult to display with my OG xmen lineup though. I am concerned about the price as well.

I actually bought a second statue that was completely custom painted AND had the original butt sculpt put back. It's the way it should have been done in the first place, but I'm not knocking what I got from Sideshow.

I’m on the fence about it but I’m not going to sit around and waste 15-20 hours complaining about it like they do over there, if I don’t like something I move on and don’t waste my time and energy posting about it. It’s a toxic attitude when people obsess over stuff like that.

I’m on the fence about it but I’m not going to sit around and waste 15-20 hours complaining about it like they do over there, if I don’t like something I move on and don’t waste my time and energy posting about it. It’s a toxic attitude when people obsess over stuff like that.

I agree...you know most of those people will still end up buying the statue too:rotfl

I imagine at some point all Sideshow 1/4 scale statues will be "Maquettes." I think that's what they're moving towards.

I imagine at some point all Sideshow 1/4 scale statues will be "Maquettes." I think that's what they're moving towards.

If the popularity of XM Studios is a sign then maybe yeah. I have to admit Sideshow has been stepping their game up when it comes to quality and competing with them though.

this hobby has truly become the realm of either the super-rich or the super-in-debt.

no interest in this statue but my pre-order days came to a screeching halt over one year ago. thank god for ebay and their 15% off codes. It has saved me hundreds of dollars in the past 12 months.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm someone who just doesn't have a very high # of characters I want to have, I don't know how some of you who show serious interest in pretty much everything released manage lol. I have my ~10 characters that I will buy and that's more than enough for me.

this hobby has truly become the realm of either the super-rich or the super-in-debt.

no interest in this statue but my pre-order days came to a screeching halt over one year ago. thank god for ebay and their 15% off codes. It has saved me hundreds of dollars in the past 12 months.

Me too. The last PF I got was the dark phoenix I think. I haven't had any SSC pieces POed since. The only thing I have is Prime1 WW on PO but i had to have a Gadot statue. I am officially priced out. Even this I will probably end up passing on. It's not that I can't afford it either. I just don't know if its worth this amount of money to me any more.

Back