Rogue Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary Jane is sharing a moment of revelation with the viewer: "ooooh... my boyfriend Peter is Spiderman!"

The Mary Jane piece is the most awesome piece of the line IMHO and one I really regret selling. The moment in time thing was pretty obvious and the only one that didn't work was the Black Cat. It would have been neat if they included a jewelry case with a circle through it and then her holding a big ass diamond smiling at the viewer like "Look what I just got" in that trademark AH! Come Hither stare but then again everyone can play Monday Morning Quarterback.

I really liked this piece a lot but I just can't seem to get past the bricks and the horn, I'm usually not this picky but I love the others in this line and don't see anything wrong with them, but to me Rogue's paint job and sculpt are just AWESOME!!

I just can't get past those two things no matter how minor they are.

Well I love mine, I have the one brick covering her lower right leg removed and it makes a big difference for me. There's a couple paint imperfections on mine, but they really aren't noticeable enough to warrant a replacement in my opinion. Overall it's an excellent piece and I'm looking forward to Black Queen, and the next one to be revealed in the line.

refresh my memory...

There's MJ, Emma, Rogue, and Black Cat...
and Black Queen is the most recent.

Have i forgotten any?

i just got mine today absolutely love it the colour is perfect to me the bricks give it feeling of her power that no one can stop her i love her hair as well and her geen eyes blow you away i won't stop looking at this for a very long time.

how many are they being released in this line does any one know i thought it was 5
emma
mj
black cat
rogue
jean (black queen)

i love to see more. i like to see some of the dc women i know i won't but i can dream:lol

Last edited:
how many are they being released in this line does any one know i thought it was 5

the original agreement between Adam and Sideshow was for 6 statues. However, I think since the line has been so well received by the fans and collectors, and since Adam is happy and Sideshow is as well, that it will go beyond that original number.

thanks darthsaffron i can dream of some more lovely ladies of marvel that might hit my Shelves:banana

Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Lehnsherr)
Shadowcat (Katherine Pryde)
Psylocke (Elisabeth Braddock)
Invisible Woman (Susan Storm)
Elektra
:horror:chew

Is it just me? I'm having a hard time locating where the final brick should go. As you look at the statue, it should be on the right side (her left), but there isn't a hole to put the peg into.

Please help.

Edit: nevermind, it's on her knee. :lol :lol I was looking everywhere for where to put the peg into.

Man, I don't know if I'm happy with how my gloved arm/hand fits.

If I line it up so there is no seam at her wrist, the glove is no where near her other hand.

IMG_1193Large.jpg

IMG_1194Large.jpg

IMG_1195Large.jpg

If I line it up so glove is near here other hand, there's a good 1/8-1/4 inch gap at her wrist.

IMG_1196Large.jpg

IMG_1197Large.jpg

And mine came very dusty, had to get the air compressor and a soft cotton cloth. I still thinks she needs some more wiping.

Man, I don't know if I'm happy with how my gloved arm/hand fits.

If I line it up so there is no seam at her wrist, the glove is no where near her other hand.

IMG_1194Large.jpg

If I line it up so glove is near here other hand, there's a good 1/8-1/4 inch gap at her wrist.

And mine came very dusty, had to get the air compressor and a soft cotton cloth. I still thinks she needs some more wiping.

Gotta love the direction SS is going with QC and other issues.

I'm just going to see if I can get another hand and see if its any better of a fit. I can live with the gap on the wrist I guess. I love the piece and don't want to return it.

The dust I think was from the packaging maybe. It's taken care of, all cleaned up now; that target clearance air compressor I bought awhile back is great for dusting statues.

Don't get me wrong, I love this piece. Great paint, and definitely the most "complex" AH lady we've seen so far. I just wish the gloved hand fit like it's supposed to.

Looks like the 'gap on the wrist' problem is quite common for this piece...

There was a gap in the wrist on mine also, but I was able to get it pushed in enough with the glove still able to fit between her fingers. There's still a small seam there, but I can't even really notice it unless I actually look for it. I've seen a couple people on here who got theirs and the glove didn't reach all the way to her other hand. Thankfully that wasn't the case with mine, and I can live with a little seam on her wrist.

Quick question for you Mesa or anyone else really who uses it. Is it safe to use the can of compressed air on your statues? I have PF's as well and I've always been afraid of using it and causing paint to come off or something. What I use when I dust my statues is a unused paint brush, I think the bristles are actually hairs from a horses tail, and it's very soft and gentle on the statues.

Don't get me wrong, I love this piece. Great paint, and definitely the most "complex" AH lady we've seen so far. I just wish the gloved hand fit like it's supposed to.

I think that the problem is that people are in the mindset that the statue is very fragile, but I think the gloved hand is a little flexible.

When I got mine, I had the hand in both positions you have in your pictures, but once I had it in the position of your second set of pictures, I kind of jimmied the glove so that the elongated finger rested between the pinching fingers.

It seemed to twist and bend fairly well, luckily I wasn't really thinking right and just went for it.

Sideshow should release instructions on how to assemble this figure!

There was a gap in the wrist on mine also, but I was able to get it pushed in enough with the glove still able to fit between her fingers. There's still a small seam there, but I can't even really notice it unless I actually look for it. I've seen a couple people on here who got theirs and the glove didn't reach all the way to her other hand. Thankfully that wasn't the case with mine, and I can live with a little seam on her wrist.

Quick question for you Mesa or anyone else really who uses it. Is it safe to use the can of compressed air on your statues? I have PF's as well and I've always been afraid of using it and causing paint to come off or something. What I use when I dust my statues is a unused paint brush, I think the bristles are actually hairs from a horses tail, and it's very soft and gentle on the statues.

I like my air compressor. Use it about once every 1-2 months to just push the dust that settles within my curios. For Rogue, it wasn't enough to get the dust that settled in the crevices and I had to wipe statue down, but for loose air dust the settles, works perfect to push it off. A soft bristle horse-hair brush should be fine to, and I wish I had one tonight for this purpose, but for regular cleaning, I like my compressor to keep it simple; thought I'm careful of detachable hands/heads/weapons. You also have to be careful of moisture/condensation, so always test the air stream first. I've used compressed air from a can, and it works okay, just don't shake the can or hold it upside down or you'll spray out white gunk that has to be wiped off.

I think that the problem is that people are in the mindset that the statue is very fragile, but I think the gloved hand is a little flexible.

When I got mine, I had the hand in both positions you have in your pictures, but once I had it in the position of your second set of pictures, I kind of jimmied the glove so that the elongated finger rested between the pinching fingers.

It seemed to twist and bend fairly well, luckily I wasn't really thinking right and just went for it.

Sideshow should release instructions on how to assemble this figure!

I'm a little hesitant to attempt bending the glove to fit. Trust me, I tried to gently fit it in place, but it wont go. First, I'm worried about breaking the arm; secondly worried about cracking the paint.

Back