Rogue Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a gap in the wrist on mine also, but I was able to get it pushed in enough with the glove still able to fit between her fingers. There's still a small seam there, but I can't even really notice it unless I actually look for it. I've seen a couple people on here who got theirs and the glove didn't reach all the way to her other hand. Thankfully that wasn't the case with mine, and I can live with a little seam on her wrist.

Quick question for you Mesa or anyone else really who uses it. Is it safe to use the can of compressed air on your statues? I have PF's as well and I've always been afraid of using it and causing paint to come off or something. What I use when I dust my statues is a unused paint brush, I think the bristles are actually hairs from a horses tail, and it's very soft and gentle on the statues.

I would be really hesitant to use compressed air to dust on a regular basis. If there is hard grit of any kind on it, it will act like a sandblaster. I like the horsehair paintbrush. I use one myself. I think even better would be a mini vac with a horsehair tip. Then you would be sucking the dust away from the statue as directly as possible, with a slight help from the soft brush to the degree it's needed. The best solution is to keep statues in a case, of course. Preferably uv blocking glass or plastic. I have a model car collection that I have all in individual cases. The cases get dusty once in a while, so I just dust off the case, and the car never gets dusty in the first place. I don't display ANYTHING without a case anymore. Admittedly I have a few things still in the boxes, of course. If something is really dusty, then I'll wash it with dish soap and the horsehair brush, and then once I'm sure ALL of the dust is rinsed off, I immediately use compressed air to dry it completely.
Would you clean your CAR with compressed air to get it clean, even if just dusty? Car aficionados would not. They would wash it carefully, with a light touch, and rinse the mitt, or the boars hair brush, which I use, repeatedly, and thoroughly, BEFORE going back into the bucket, so as not to introduce dirt into the bucket. AFTER all dirt and dust is off, you can always use compressed air to dry. Also, there are water filters for the hose, or use distilled water for the final rinse, so as to leave behind no mineral deposits whatsoever.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I'll stick to my horse hair paint brush to dust my statues for now. And unfortunately I can't afford the custom cases out there to put my statues in, so I'll have to contend with some dust here and there.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I'll stick to my horse hair paint brush to dust my statues for now. And unfortunately I can't afford the custom cases out there to put my statues in, so I'll have to contend with some dust here and there.

Hi Havok,

I use a cosmetic blush brush(s) to dust all my statues. I have two; one large & one small (to get into small areas).

They're very soft and can clean small areas very well.

My girlfriend suggested using them when she saw how much trouble I has using just a feather duster. She's one smart cookie! :D

I can't believe she still aval. I am gonna be a bit miffed if she ends up in the GC section.

Me too... :monkey2
It costs me 226$ incl. shipping & vat/tax to Germany...:duh

Obviously, SS needs to start implementing cancelation fees. Too many people ordering with the intention of not keeping it, like those PO-scalpers, or just fall victum to the hype by ordering it and aren't able to afford it.

thanks darthsaffron i can dream of some more lovely ladies of marvel that might hit my Shelves:banana

Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Lehnsherr)
Shadowcat (Katherine Pryde)
Psylocke (Elisabeth Braddock)
Invisible Woman (Susan Storm)
Elektra
:horror:chew

Now what version of Spider-Woman would you like to see done, the red and black outfit or the black and white one with the orange hair?:D

Now what version of Spider-Woman would you like to see done, the red and black outfit or the black and white one with the orange hair?:D

This one please:

76315-184497-spider-woman_super.jpg

Spiderwoman01.jpg

Obviously, SS needs to start implementing cancelation fees. Too many people ordering with the intention of not keeping it, like those PO-scalpers, or just fall victum to the hype by ordering it and aren't able to afford it.

:lecture
Definitely. Considering upcoming ES I fear that we'll expect the same consequences...
I don't understand SS policy. :confused:

:lecture
Definitely. Considering upcoming ES I fear that we'll expect the same consequences...
I don't understand SS policy. :confused:

No, I think SS has a good policy to help collectors. The real problem is flippers ordering from MULTIPLE addresses or accounts. There needs to be diligence to stop this injustice.

I can't believe she still aval. I am gonna be a bit miffed if she ends up in the GC section.

It's still available because the economy took a nose dive since the orders were taken. It really has nothing to do with how great the statue is. People simply can't afford as many statues as they used to.

Agreed as well. Actually I'm trying to cut back, but yet I have 2 statue's I'm in the process of getting, so go figure. :lol

Congratulations...
Looks very nice. I think this is the one who turned out best - referring to the pictures, mine should arrive soon... ;)

Back