Rocky Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed 100%!! :hi5:

:D

rambo4-photo-01.jpg

Since I saw it posted elsewhere, thought I'd repost it here.

It's pretty clear the deman for Rocky figures isn't strong, either because it's been done, or just lack of appeal in the character, but he got the least votes of the options in the poll. Sure it's just a bit over 2000 people voting, but I still think it's a realistic look at the popularity of Rocky for collectibles. He's a loved character but I think for many, it doesn't go past the films, or at least not into action figure collecting.

https://www.hottoys.jp/magazine/people/181.html

does the NECA hint they are going to do Rocky figures in the future that would be cool since it would be an upgrade from that JAKKS garbage.

I don't know if that poll means much. . .you've gotta figure that most fans of Stallone's better, more iconic films would go for either Rambo or Rocky, since the HT figures from both franchises are quite dated. You could only vote once, and more of those folks went for Rambo. If you could have voted for your top two, I suspect Rocky would have had nearly as many votes as Rambo.

If you could have voted for your top two, I suspect Rocky would have had nearly as many votes as Rambo.

If Rocky had come in second, I might agree, but evend Judge Dredd got more votes.

If the average figure wasn't $150 now, I think Rocky would fair better, but if you read a lot of the comments about figures and price, even figures people really want will get complained about if cost is high and the number of items in the box is low. Any Rocky would be a pretty minimal accessory figure unless they did second heads and outfits. I think people just look to his action roles for more value for their money and more interesting figure designs.

If Rocky had come in second, I might agree, but evend Judge Dredd got more votes.

If the average figure wasn't $150 now, I think Rocky would fair better, but if you read a lot of the comments about figures and price, even figures people really want will get complained about if cost is high and the number of items in the box is low. Any Rocky would be a pretty minimal accessory figure unless they did second heads and outfits. I think people just look to his action roles for more value for their money and more interesting figure designs.

DX Rocky that comes with both ring outfit and street clothes (the black outfit with leather jacket and black hat). Two sculpts - battle damaged and standard

You could do that with any of the movies - a Rocky IV one with bearded sculpt and outfit from his training in Russia would be awesome!

Bingo - value for money :)

DX Rocky that comes with both ring outfit and street clothes (the black outfit with leather jacket and black hat). Two sculpts - battle damaged and standard

You could do that with any of the movies - a Rocky IV one with bearded sculpt and outfit from his training in Russia would be awesome!

Bingo - value for money :)

I would fork over mondo cash for a huge Rocky HT release. Like a $600 Rocky DX-Squared Line.

But what I am suggesting is that there might be a pool of collectors that would go after Rocky and Rambo, and aren't nearly as interested in Judge Dredd, Cobra, Over the Top, Copland, etc. But they could only vote once, and were most inclined to pick Rambo. If they could have picked a second place, they would have likely voted for Rocky, but were done with their vote, so they couldn't, and the remaining pool of collectors looking for a new license or liking Stallone's less popular characters for whatever reason look stronger as a result.

Similar to two political candidates of political party A vying for the same seat, and ultimately making it look like a 3rd candidate from party B is stronger because of his relative votes, when if there was only one candidate from party A (either one), the candidate from party B would look very weak compared to him.

$600 for DX 1/6? You'll be in the small minority on that 1.

If it came with four bodies and different outfits and different characters. Hence, the new HT brand name DX-Squared - I was trying to be sarcastic (but for all that stuff I would fork over the dough)

But what I am suggesting is that there might be a pool of collectors that would go after Rocky and Rambo, and aren't nearly as interested in Judge Dredd, Cobra, Over the Top, Copland, etc. But they could only vote once, and were most inclined to pick Rambo. If they could have picked a second place, they would have likely voted for Rocky, but were done with their vote, so they couldn't, and the remaining pool of collectors looking for a new license or liking Stallone's less popular characters for whatever reason look stronger as a result.

Similar to two political candidates of political party A vying for the same seat, and ultimately making it look like a 3rd candidate from party B is stronger because of his relative votes, when if there was only one candidate from party A (either one), the candidate from party B would look very weak compared to him.

Based on the poll results, I just don't think this is the case.

You're saying that almost every vote for Rambo would also go to Rocky given 2 choices, but to me, if it were such a hard choic to make, I would expect the Rocky votes to be close to the Rambo ones and it's less than half. People voted Judge Dredd and Cobra over Rocky even.

I just don't think Rocky figure demand is there, i'd love to see more, I just don't think there's support beyond maybe one more special DX release.

Back