Rocketeer Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FQRizzo

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/the-rocketeer-gets-a-reboot

Disney is gearing up to reboot The Rocketeer, their 1991 comic-book adaptation about a man, a jetpack and… Jennifer Connelly.

Vulture reports that the studio will be meeting with writers soon to hear pitches on the property, which interestingly would be a Disney superhero movie that doesn't take place within the Marvel universe, even though Marvel is owned by Disney. (Or would it?)

The original film was based on the Dave Stevens character and starred Billy Campbell as a stunt pilot who acquires a Howard Hughes-designed (!) rocket pack and soon finds himself mixing it up with gangsters and Nazis. The film didn't fare very well at the box office, alas, but it is a favorite for many of us comics fans.

I'll be the first positive post in here. :lol

Well sock me sideways...**** yeah! :yess:

Maybe you should be rebooted. :cool:

tumblr_m283nw8K0o1qis3vho2_250.gif

“their 1991 comic-book adaptation about a man, a jetpack and… Jennifer Connelly”

Maybe if they stop calling the rocket a “Jetpack” that might help. He’s not the Jeteteer.

Maybe If they would take a tad bit grittier approach like L.A. confidential, The Black Dahlia, you know 30’s gagster kind of thing, it might go over better. But I doubt Disney would do such a thing.

the only good thing about the original flick was the hot J-Connelly-----
I thought it was awesome, as a kid. You do have a point about Jennifer though. She was fine as **** in that movie. :drool

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what this reboot manages. This is one of those cases where I'm not bothered by reboot fever. Same with Total Recall.

This movie is already off to a tough start, as it won't have 1991 Jennifer Connelly - literally the best a woman has ever looked.

Other than that, meh. I love the hell out of the original, but if they want to try a reboot, I'm not bothered.

What about Katherine Heigl, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Olivia Wilde, or Kate Beckinsale? They could work. Assuming that character returns.

What about Katherine Heigl

7483_411c.gif

She is the WORST. Absolutely no thank you.

And if her character comes back, my ideal casting will depend on the setting. If it's in a similar time period, I think another voluptuous actress would work, since I always thought the "ripped from the art of military cockpit" look of Connelly fit the movie perfectly.

But then again, I don't want the casting to be too similar.

Katherine Heigl is one of the worst people working today. Not just in acting, but her crazy ass persona, and hypocritical opinions is a real turnoff.

She claimed that her character in Knocked Up was a horrible representation of a woman, yet she went on to play a dumb, scared, helpless blond where Aston Kutcher must save you from screaming like a dumb idiot, and getting shot.

Real improvement there.

It doesnt need a reboot but im not 1 bit suprised. I knew once Marvel & Disney combined and Avengers hit that a rocketeer film was on the way, even if theres no connection, Disney sees $$$ signs with comic like movies and they know the Rocketeer fans are still hungry.

Time will tell, if the right talents involved it could be great!

Back