Premium Format Rocket and Groot Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably

I'm waiting for my Groot

I wonder if Groot and Gamora could fit in a besta shelf together

HaHa ...Rocket actually looks pretty rad! Would be stoked if I can get him later ...even in the aftermarket.

Off topic but real quick does anyone know if John (Vince Vell) is still doing statue repairs and repaints? I have one of his business cards and sent him an email a few days ago but no response yet.
I believe so mate. I was in contact with him around Christmas time and he was still doing repairs then. I didn't get around to sending my item to him soI hope he still is. He looks to be one of the best in the business!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cool thanks. Yeah he's fixed a statue for me before. Hopefully he'll get back to me. I'll try again in a few days.

My Rocket arrived today. I thought the paint app was actually very good, as was Groot, but disappointingly he had a tuft of hair that had broken off at the back of his head. I'll see if SSC replace him. A shame because he and Groot are a great set. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Star Lord and Drax now. Hopefully they stick closely to the comics like they have so far and SSC have a reveal soon.
74e9c83b5228a88facc5084ed1b65aed.jpg
3a1584417325ee855b8c57d090e7e39c.jpg
7512d484f5e58c2e3ad945b76dd95ec5.jpg
2059f82bae96c76c0cf46b5da81bae87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Got my Rocket today and being new to SS, I wanted some advice. It looks like some of his fur came broke or was simply not painted (see the white specks in the pictures). There is also a small paint chip where his tail goes into his body that is still visible when fully inserted. Am I being overly picky or should I see if SS will replace?

20170703_144557.jpg
20170703_144606.jpg
20170703_144705.jpg
20170703_144745.jpg

I can tell you from experience that Sideshow won't replace that. (I'm willing to bet.)

I would still ask for a replacement, but if not, they're offer you some credit. I can see the defects, but they'll give the whole 'it's hand painted and to be expected".

For the record, I don't think it looks bad at all though. But it would bother me, and I'm sure it bothers you.

Appreciate you helping out the new guy and I am quickly figuring out that I might be too picky for this hobby (or at least to purchase more SS pieces). I am assuming that there is a thread somewhere on here if I wanted to look into possibly trying to touch this up myself (e.g. type of paint to use, etc.)?

Appreciate you helping out the new guy and I am quickly figuring out that I might be too picky for this hobby (or at least to purchase more SS pieces). I am assuming that there is a thread somewhere on here if I wanted to look into possibly trying to touch this up myself (e.g. type of paint to use, etc.)?

Hey, no worries. Like I said, it's still worth contacting Sideshow's CS dept.

I would try posting in the Custom section. Somebody will be able to help you out more. I'm not great with paint apps, etc.

Got my Rocket today and being new to SS, I wanted some advice. It looks like some of his fur came broke or was simply not painted (see the white specks in the pictures). There is also a small paint chip where his tail goes into his body that is still visible when fully inserted. Am I being overly picky or should I see if SS will replace?

View attachment 350729
View attachment 350728
View attachment 350730
View attachment 350731

I wouldn't send that back... you may get a replacement with more issues... where there are unpainted spots I use a black sharpie and dab the spot, then use my finger to work it in and it blends in nicely. Those are easy fixes and if the rest of the statue doesn't have issues keep it IMO.

I finally got a chance to open up my Rocket. I'm Very, Very happy with it. I was pleasantly surprised to see how big it was (compared to what I had in mind). I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Sideshow's apple must be a GMO fruit lol.
Here is my unboxing video. A bit on the short side, but it's Rocket we're talking about here. :p
Hope you guys enjoy it.

Great vid. Im tempted to put this next to the avengers assemble line haha. What do you guys think about the price. Fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back